NIKE GEAR @ DAVIDSON

Guys,
After leaving the press room on Wed night after the game I had an opportunity to ask the staff at the Davidson Clothing Booth how they go about getting that Nike Gear they have. The lady in charge there told me they simply get in touch with their Nike rep that the TEAM MANAGER deals with for Boys Basketball. I don’t know if any of you saw their gear, but it was QUALITY NIKE GEAR!!! Therefore,

A) I am sure we have a Team Manager

B) I am sure we have a Team Nike Rep

C) Let’s get to work!

Lets get this figured out. I was a Concord Mills and all I could find decent was one t shirt. Everytime I saw a green shirt it ended up being Notre Dame.

JKNiner and I were admiring the gear they had for sale before the game. They had some really nice stuff, would be nice to have that kind of selection.

UNC has Nike also. Maybe Charlotte will get some good gear soon.

[i]Originally posted by Southern Pines N Da House[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 11:48 AM [b] Guys, After leaving the press room on Wed night after the game I had an opportunity to ask the staff at the Davidson Clothing Booth how they go about getting that Nike Gear they have. The lady in charge there told me they simply get in touch with their Nike rep that the TEAM MANAGER deals with for Boys Basketball. I don't know if any of you saw their gear, but it was QUALITY NIKE GEAR!!!!! Therefore,

A) I am sure we have a Team Manager

B) I am sure we have a Team Nike Rep

C) Let’s get to work! [/b]

Does anyone know who our team manager is? Or their e-mail/ phone number?

I looked on our site but couldn’t find who it was.

[b]UNC has Nike also. Maybe Charlotte will get some good gear soon.[/b]

Wrong, wanna-be Tarheel. Make that Jordan Brand.

[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles+Dec 10 2004, 12:53 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mr. Bojangles @ Dec 10 2004, 12:53 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 12:53 PM [b] [ Does anyone know who our team manager is? Or their e-mail/ phone number?

I looked on our site but couldn’t find who it was. [/b]

Dudes name is Cass Fergeson or something . He is a Student at charlotte…

i think i have his number somewhere from where i worked with the team last year

Heh.

They don’t let Team Managers handle that at Charlotte. All of the gear for the team comes directly from our Director of Basketball Opeartions. He would be the one you’d have to contact in order to find out our Nike Rep.

Director of Basketball Operations is Dee Tolliver… he used to play for Charlotte.
dtolliv@email.uncc.edu

I heard he went somewhere else or something though…?

[i]Originally posted by Hooligan[/i]@Dec 11 2004, 12:13 PM [b] Director of Basketball Operations is Dee Tolliver... he used to play for Charlotte. [email=dtolliv@email.uncc.edu]dtolliv@email.uncc.edu[/email]

I heard he went somewhere else or something though…? [/b]

Kummer

We really need to get this figured out. When I went to the Carolina Place mall today all anyone had was DUKE, Carolina, and State stuff(no surprise there) …but to make it worse, everyone had ECU gear??? And I saw a welcome mat for UNCW, and no charlotte stuff. When I went into one store they had alllllll sorts of ECU stuff, and one very crappy, and also very expensive charlotte sweatshirt. Im think about buying Nike stuff and getting CHARLOTTE BASKETBALL stiched on it.

Now that is desperate…

I am just at the conclusion that all of this goes back to our Identitiy Crisis! I mean until we have everyone on the same page as to if we are UNC Charlotte, UNC-Charlotte, North Carolina Charlotte, UNCC, UNCC CHarlotte, or just simply CHARLOTTE then your not going to see any improvement anywhere with the way our University is publicized. It is amazing how many different ways our University is effected by something that could be so easily fixed!

Therefore,

Way to go Woodward
Way to go Judy
Way to go PR

Bobby Lutz for Chancellor!

[i]Originally posted by Southern Pines N Da House[/i]@Dec 12 2004, 12:10 PM [b]

Therefore,

Way to go Woodward
Way to go Judy
Way to go PR

[/b]

Now i agree all of them have done a nice job. But i think someone else needs to be in her position, someone who maybe more excited about charlotte athletics…But something thats kinda ironic is you defend her here, yet on another post about how the Chanceller doesn’t stick around for the Alma Mater, you say “Judy Rose must go, must go, must go”???

OK, so did we ever get anywhere on who to contact? Any ideas? Should we contact Nike, or buyers? We have to do something.

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Dec 11 2004, 11:13 PM [b] We really need to get this figured out. When I went to the Carolina Place mall today all anyone had was DUKE, Carolina, and State stuff(no surprise there) .....but to make it worse, everyone had ECU gear????? And I saw a welcome mat for UNCW, and no charlotte stuff. [/b]
There's a gear report thread on here somewhere. I went to Carolina Place and found Niner clothing at Belk, Champs, and Finish Line. Not much selection but t-shirts and sweatshirts in each location. I asked the lady at the College Mat set-up where the 49ers stuff is and she said it was all sold out...but could be ordered and sent directly to my house, no cost. She showed me several designs. Still pretty bad compared to other schools but it is getting better.

Charlotte 49ers Mats

If you guys get bored, why not send them an email letting them know this is the wrong logo. :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer+Dec 12 2004, 07:27 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NINERcowbellplayer @ Dec 12 2004, 07:27 PM)

OK so I took the initative to email our Director of Mens Basketball Operations Bobby Kummer rkummer@email.uncc.edu about the Nike Gear…

My email

[b]Dear Mr. Kummer, I, and a lot of other Niner fans, really love the Nike gear that the players wear. As the Director of Operations, you probably have a contact with a Nike rep who gets gear for the players. I was wondering if you can get extra Nike gear such as replica shorts and T-shirts to make available to the students and alumni, maybe sold thru the campus bookstore or other area markets. There is a big market for this high quality gear and I would love have some available. It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks alot. Go Niners![/b]

Mr. Kummers Email…

[b]I wish I could help you out with this. We, as an athletic department, have not control of this. Nike picks what we receive and what we can order. Your best bet would be to buy the Nike apparel you want and then have it screened yourself. This is what we do the majority of the time. I hope that helps, the only other thing I can think of is if you contact the bookstore directly and see if they can get a Nike contact. I also graduated from UNCC and know the frustration of trying to get some good gear.

Thanks
Bobby Kummer[/b]

:frowning:

[i]Originally posted by Hooligan[/i]@Dec 13 2004, 06:32 PM [b] Mr. Kummers Email...
[b]I wish I could help you out with this. We, as an athletic department, have not control of this. Nike picks what we receive and what we can order. Your best bet would be to buy the Nike apparel you want and then have it screened yourself. This is what we do the majority of the time. I hope that helps, the only other thing I can think of is if you contact the bookstore directly and see if they can get a Nike contact. I also graduated from UNCC and know the frustration of trying to get some good gear.

Thanks
Bobby Kummer[/b]

:frowning: [/b]

wow… and did’t I say earlier on this thread that i was just gonna get green nike stuff and have it screened???..Didn’t someone call me desperate?? :rolleyes: