Niner Baseball inks 6 in early signing period

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205334663&DB_OEM_ID=23200

[size=3]What they are saying about the signees…[/size]
[size=2]Nick Daddio[/size]
Nick is an athletic player with speed and power. He plays the game with a passion and is an honor roll student. His character is second to none, and he will be a great addition to the 49er Baseball Program. He has a passion for the game and was the first-ever Hough baseball player to commit." - Jimmy Cochran, Hough HS head coach

Nick is a coach’s dream with his work ethic and love for the game. He is going to be a great fit for the 49ers program because he is an old-school throwback type player who plays the game the way it is supposed to be played. He comes from a baseball family with his dad being a high school baseball coach for 20-plus years and understands the work it takes to compete at the higher levels. Nick is an athletic Catcher who possesses 6.8-6.9 speed on the 60 yard dash and has a very good frame to add size and strength. His tools also include a very strong arm and good bat speed which gives him a chance to be a really special player at the college level and maybe beyond. I am very excited for Coach Hibbs and the 49ers staff for getting such a great ballplayer but an even better person to represent the 49er Baseball Program." - Bo Robinson, CBC Coach

[size=2]Sean Geoghegan[/size]
“Sean has improved tremendously over the past three years and I’m excited about his continued development. He was an all conference performer for us as a junior and I truly believe his best baseball is ahead of him.” - Reid Holmes, head coach, SW Guilford HS

Sean’s emergence this summer was fueled by his passion to excel. He is calm and focused in pressure situations and physically overpowering, Geoghan spearheaded our Area III run. He has all the tools necessary to mature into a top of the rotation college pitcher." - HiToms President and Post 87 Athletic Director Greg Suire

[size=2]Jason Harris[/size]
Jason Harris transferred from Abilene Christian University and made an immediate impact for us this past fall. He has worked very hard to improve his command and has increased his velocity from what it was a year ago. He will be our Friday starter and will be counted upon to set the tone for our conference series. His fastball currently is in the 88-91 mph range and has a chance to increase over the winter. Jason is an outstanding person and has worked very hard in the classroom to be just as successful there. I believe he will be a mainstay in the weekend rotation for the 49ers in the future and help them continue their winning tradition in the A10 Conference and the NCAA’s." - Mike Warren, head coach, Barton Community College

[size=2]Adam Huffman[/size]

Adam Huffman has been and still is a great leader for us here at Western Alamance. Athletically, as well as academically, Adam is a player that I am proud to have had an opportunity to coach and call a Warrior. He is not only a great teammate on the field but off as well." - Lance Huff, Head Coach Western Alamance

[size=2]Kory Shumate[/size]

Kory has been our everyday shortstop since the moment he stepped foot onto camps at Grimsley High School. Kory’s inner drive and focus over the past four years has been unmatched and has led to not only his development as an outstanding player but also as a young man. The Grimsley family is very proud of him" - Jason Simmons, Grimsley HS head coach

Glad to see we are adding solid arms to the rotation down the road. We have the 2 big lefties Harris (6’5" 187) and Geoghegan (6’ 6" 230). The righty, Huffman was also throwing in the high 80’s this summer. It appears our pitching will be solid for years to come.