Niner Baseball Recruiting

6 Likes

clt says glad to see him make the move up

1 Like
4 Likes

Well maybe he can fill a hole if we lose Fisher.
I wish all our guys the best, but think most of them would benefit from one more year and and make a statement to finish our CUSA tenure.
Selfish on my part, but what a season we could have with the current guys and what we’ve added, if we could get the roster number down to where it has to be.

Looks like we got one from ATL area…

2 Likes

Big :muscle: from the portal!!

2 Likes

Who is it ?

This is another big one. I watched his last start in the Cape for Orleans last weekend. He threw 4 no-hit innings and everything that was hit was weak contact. Only a lazy fly ball left the infield. 5 Ks 0 Hits, 4 walks over 4 IP. He got himself in trouble in the 1st inning by walking the bases loaded, but settled in and got out of it with a K and a weak ground ball to the pitcher. Was throwing 96 with a very good slider.

3 Likes

Donye is a big kid! 6’-6", 220#. Limited innings pitched last year at Vandy, but looks to have plenty of potential. The summer in the CCL should do him a lot of good. Plus he gets to hang around Nate and Austin.

https://twitter.com/CapeScouting/status/1547614756491517952?s=20&t=Q4ZcYLjfoU5LypFYcL8ExQ

4 Likes

Coach and staff are killing it on the trail.

Expecting big things over the next couple of seasons.

3 Likes

Evans is pitching tonight at 6:30 in the Cape. You can watch for free on their YouTube channel. Furm is also in the lineup tonight.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Stretch-only delivery is something I’d really like to see a whole lot more of. Not a fan of the wind-up.

Not Niners directly related, but tragic story for an ECU baseball recruit from NC, Parker Byrd. I have been following the story since I spend a lot of time down east. Young man in a boating accident while tubing. At one point they were optimistic about his recovery but latest news sounds like he may lose a limb. Prayers out for this baller and his family.

Sad story.

5 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

So who is the best hitter in the state of Alabama?