Niner Baseball- Week 7

I like Hibbs…he’ll get them back on track, but right now we’re not good…at all.

That game turned downright UGLY tonight. We jumped out to a 5-0 lead and shut them out for 4 or 5 innngs, then changed pitchers and it was all over with. At one point in the game, we had 5 runs on 11 hits and they had 5 runs on 5 hits.

And of course the O has an article about this loss to High Point, when previous wins over ACC and SEC- teams like chapel hill, Clemson, Wake, and USC never made the
paper. I wonder what formula they use.

Didn’t see the game, but looking at the box Bryan’s line looks decent. Too many walks and HBP, but good enough. I guess the bullpen collapsed. 4 unearned runs on 3 errors? How many did we lose by, 4?

I noticed that Clemmons played CF and moved Shane Brown over to LF.

Big series hosting Dayton tonight. At this point, we have to take these home series to stay alive in the conference race. We have dug ourselves a hole, but I think we can battle back with the schedule toughness dropping off after this weekend. After this weekend, we will have played the teams picked 2 through 4 in the A-10 to start conference play. I think our only tough series remaining will be with St Louis and that is at home.

Dayton has good pitching and likes to use their speed on offense. In A-10 play, they won the series at home over SBU, and lost 2 games to 1 to STL at home last weekend. They played High Point for a weekend series earlier in the season and lost 2 games to 1.

We are throwing Smith tonight, Yermal on Saturday, and Barnette on Sunday. I am looking forward to getting back out to the Hayes this weekend.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=205409141

Someone needs to tell Lew it’s not necessary for him to wear a suit and tie to our baseball games.

Someone also needs to tell our baseball team (particularly our pitchers) to get their stuff together. This team is going down the tubes fast. Lost to Dayton 8 to 7 in game one tonight. The Flyers scored atleast 1 run in 5 straight innings and while the team had 4 errors, 3 of them were on pitchers…we must win the next 2 to have any hope for a respectable conf. tourney seed (and that assumes we get in).

Dayton tried their best to give us the game in the last inning and we still didn’t win.

We lose another game by one run on Saturday. For the 2nd game in a row, we make the final out of the 9th with the tying run on 3rd.

I still think we can turn things around but time is running out.

Lost 9-4 today. Our conference record is now 2-7.

Were we not picked to win the league this year??

I thought we were.

it’s a train wreck I’m trying not to watch. With all the pitching we had returning, I thought we were going to be awesome. Obviously, there were other factors involved and I was way wrong.

Better luck next week.

Not much to say about this weekend. The 1 runs losses were very frustrating.

I heard that Steedley left with an injury Sunday and may be done for the season. If he is, I hate to see him go out like that.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:34, topic:26619”]Not much to say about this weekend. The 1 runs losses were very frustrating.

I heard that Steedley left with an injury Sunday and may be done for the season. If he is, I hate to see him go out like that.[/quote]
I didn’t see how he got hurt (I was at concessions), but he had to be carried off the field.

[quote=“emf, post:35, topic:26619”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:34, topic:26619”]Not much to say about this weekend. The 1 runs losses were very frustrating.

I heard that Steedley left with an injury Sunday and may be done for the season. If he is, I hate to see him go out like that.[/quote]
I didn’t see how he got hurt (I was at concessions), but he had to be carried off the field.[/quote] Pitch was in the dirt. He shifted to his right to block the ball and it appeared his knee gave way.

No, but it was necessary to wear a suit and tie to my Senior Seminar class that ended shortly after 6:00.

Lew, I thought you probably had a job interview.

I wish. Just a mock interview in Seminar.

Not sure what week number it is, but losing to the Demons always sucks:

Charlotte 49ers Baseball Postgame vs. Wake Forest