NINER FANS and School Spirit Article

Hey Niner fans. This is Tim Parker and I am the guy that wrote this article http://www.nineronline.com/vnews/display.v…8/41b4c543f235e dealing with school spirit here at Charlotte. I also work for the ninerreport.com as well and you can see me every home game at center court. I just want to applaud all of you because you all are the true Niners that come to every game. It is the same groups of people every game and you are one of them and I commend you on it. I was at the Davidson game tonight and I had a blast, our crowd was so much better than those snooty rich snobs at Davidson. I will continue to call out all these chapel hill and duke panzies as the season goes on. Call these people out at games because frankly they make me sick! Ill keep writing and stuff like that. GO NINERS!

HELL YEAH. Excellent article!

You the MAN, Tim. Nice article and thanks for your work at NinerReport.

there ain’t no room for duke or carolina panzies in halton arena

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Dec 8 2004, 11:59 PM [b] there ain't no room for duke or carolina panzies in halton arena [/b]
nothing but green should be allowed downstairs in the studnt section. All the students should give lots of grief to any student wearing chapel hill or dook gear.

25-2 ain’t too shabby.

Just got back from the game and it was great! Didn’t think anything would top the golddsters coming in wearing their skimpy outfits, but the win comes close.

The students where I was sitting were rocking. Great chants coming from the guys a few rows down from us.

Every year I have been at Charlotte, someone in the U-times writes an article like this. I hope this year it actually as a positive affect instead of just preaching to the choir.

Excellent article Timmy…Please keep up the good work!!!

GO NINERS!!!

Nice article Tim, keep it up.

I found this article informative as well and I think it speaks to the issue you wrote about.

Specifically:

"According to the NTSO’s Web site http://www.sco.uncc.edu/ntso/, 73 percent of the undergraduate student body would be considered non-traditional.

Students that work, have children, are independent of their parents or did not enroll in school right after high school are considered non-traditional students."

It’d be interesting to know how active non-traditionals are in athletics, especially basketball games. I’d suppose that competing interests in most of their lives prevent them from being as active as a traditional student, but that’s just a guess.

If you love Duke or Chapel Hill so much, why did you not you apply there?

What percentage of Charlotte’s students chose this school over Duke and Chapel Hill, though they would have been accepted at both?

not many people would be accepted at duke so thats an unfair question, but i wouldn’t go to either one before Charlotte.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 01:14 PM [b] If you love Duke or Chapel Hill so much, why did you not you apply there?

What percentage of Charlotte’s students chose this school over Duke and Chapel Hill, though they would have been accepted at both? [/b]

I turned down Chapel Hell. Didn’t apply to Duke, though I couldn’t have gotten in anyway.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Dec 10 2004, 01:27 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Dec 10 2004, 01:27 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Anborn+Dec 10 2004, 02:09 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Anborn @ Dec 10 2004, 02:09 PM)
Originally posted by MKNiner@Dec 10 2004, 01:27 PM [b]
[i]Originally posted by Niner@wake[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 01:53 PM [b] 73 percent of the undergraduate student body would be considered non-traditional.

[/b]

73%? wouldnt that make them pretty traditional?

Charlotte was my #1 CHOICE!!

When I am in the Press room between halfs I go by the gym and there are so many students in there working out during our games. I want to CALL THEM OUT!!

[/QUOTE]
73%? wouldnt that make them pretty traditional? [/QUOTE]

Relative to Charlotte, yes. Not to the national university system though.

Personally I think 73% is higher than the real percentage of “non-traditional”. Most people would define that as not coming straight from high school. I bet the 73% counts those that do come straight through but have part or full time jobs. Who knows, maybe things changed since I was there not too long ago.

I was in a tossup between UNC Charlotte and the Real USC. I occasionally wish that I had gone to USC, it would be nice to have a national championship in something recently.

Only ACC school I bothered with was GaTech, and they waitlisted me for their engineering program. That was probably my #1 choice, but wait listing was a slap in the face. I realized applying myself in high school might have paid off.

funny, PB, that’s close what happened to me. I grew up a die-hard fan of UNCC basketball, but when it came time to picka a school, I didn’t consider Charlotte. I applied to Georgia Tech, but applied too late, and would have had to attend summer school in order to go.

I ended up taking a track and academic scholorship to Carson-Newman College, and was miserable. I really regretted the mistake. After a disasterous freshman year, I had to start over paying my own tuition, and was forced to live at home and go to UNCC. Best move I ever made. Just goes to show you what perception will make you do.