Niner Gear

I noiticed a new & respectable display of Niner gear in Dick’s Sporting Goods in Birkdale earlier this week. They have quite a few Niner hats & shirts on display and had about an equal amount of Niner, tarhole, wolfpack, & dook gear on display. The Niner stuff either had our official “C” logo or had the word “CHARLOTTE” in giant letters with either “unc” or “north carolina” in very tiny & almost unreadable letters. The display is about the first thing you see when entering the store from the same street the theatre is on. Also, I have not been in Campus Sports in over a year. What’s the status of that place now? Does anyone know?

B)

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Aug 19 2004, 01:21 PM [b] Also, I have not been in Campus Sports in over a year. [/b]
Jenny's not there, no reason to go now. :wub:
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Aug 19 2004, 12:21 PM [b] tarhole, wolfpack, & dook gear on display. [/b]
Be careful using terms like that. ;)

I need some new gear for LL. He’ll be 3 in Sept.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Aug 19 2004, 01:34 PM [b] [/QUOTE] Jenny's not there, no reason to go now. :wub: [/b]
So true, so true. Any idea where she went???

Jenny got married and moved on to greener pastures. I was fortunate enough to goe out with her when I was just a clueless teen, with no foresight. That was a long time ago. Our last “date” (not sure you can call it that when you’re like 13) was going to see “Howard The Duck” in Lexington when the theater on Talbert was just “Cinema 4” if that tells you anything about how long ago it was. Boy was that a bad movie. :huh:

I called Campus Sports the other day to see if they still had the jersey looking onesies for a baby gift and they told me that they are phasing out their Charlotte gear because of poor sales. I hate to break it to them, its because the stuff they stock now sucks. I wish the old guy still owned it. It was great then!

Blasphemy, Howard the Duck is a Classic. Of course, I think the best show on TV is the Simpsons so what do I know?

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Aug 19 2004, 06:48 PM [b] Howard the Duck is a Classic. [/b]
Indeed it is. :lol:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Aug 19 2004, 03:56 PM [b] Jenny got married and moved on to greener pastures. I was fortunate enough to goe out with her when I was just a clueless teen, with no foresight. That was a long time ago. Our last "date" (not sure you can call it that when you're like 13) was going to see "Howard The Duck" in Lexington when the theater on Talbert was just "Cinema 4" if that tells you anything about how long ago it was. Boy was that a bad movie. :huh: [/b]
jcl, I don't know where to start with that one. :lol: I hope you didn't see much of it if you know what I mean. Oh.....you were 13. Still. :P :D Jenny is a friend of mine and a friend of my wife. Jenny and Alan did all they could to push the 49ers sports stuff at Campus Sports. Too bad it didn't work out. At least Dick's and others seem to be catching on now.
[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Aug 19 2004, 05:48 PM [b] Of course, I think the best show on TV is the Simpsons so what do I know? [/b]
well apparently you know a lot, because the simpsons IS the best show on TV!!
[b]Jenny got married and moved on to greener pastures.[/b]

JJ is still single, but has moved to the Lake.

[b] Our last "date" (not sure you can call it that when you're like 13) was going to see "Howard The Duck" in Lexington when the theater on Talbert was just "Cinema 4" if that tells you anything about how long ago it was. Boy was that a bad movie. [/b]

Was that you!?!?!??
I asked her about this and she said she remembers going with a little boy to the movies, when the lights got dark and the movie was going she reached over to check things out and realized the duck had a bigger package that the boy. Knowing at that very moment this relationship could provide no real benefit to her, she ended it immediately. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[b]I wish the [b]old[/b] guy still owned it. It was great then! [/b]

Old!!! WTF??? That’s really why I sold it…when the sorority girls started calling me sir, I knew it was time to bail!

BTW, I was just kidding about the movie thing. I will try and remember to call her today and ask about it and get a true quote to embarass JCL.

[b]JJ is still single, but has moved to the Lake.[/b]

Had a total brain fart there, all the way around. I was talking about her sister, April. And the same goes for my Howard The Duck date. Jenny was too old for me and wouldn’t have given me the time of day, unfortunately. She was too busy dating guys who could get to the movies without having to have their moms drop them off…lol April was my age and we met through some local swimming/diving competitions in Lexington (she competed for Welcome Swimming Club). That was one dynamic duo as far as sisters go. :wub:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Aug 20 2004, 07:06 AM [b]
[b]JJ is still single, but has moved to the Lake.[/b]

Had a total brain fart there, all the way around. I was talking about her sister, April. And the same goes for my Howard The Duck date. Jenny was too old for me and wouldn’t have given me the time of day, unfortunately. She was too busy dating guys who could get to the movies without having to have their moms drop them off…lol April was my age and we met through some local swimming/diving competitions in Lexington (she competed for Welcome Swimming Club). That was one dynamic duo as far as sisters go. :wub: [/b]

Alright…I’ll let you off the hook on the movie story then. April has the hardest body I have ever seen. She did get married.

Yep, got married not too long ago. Though it wasn’t Jenny I went out with, I think Al can vouch for me that there was very little, if any, dropoff in “talent” from Jenny down to April. Couple of really cool girls. Their dad, Pete, was a good guy too. Coached the men’s basketball team for many years at North Davidson. Used to give him hell when Lexington played them.