Niner Hockey vs. NC State 02/13/2009 10:15pm

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#006400][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#006400][FONT=Georgia] [COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Georgia]The final game of the season against the Wolfpack becomes a must win for the 49ers to advance to the Blue Ridge Hockey Conference playoffs. The Niners won the first meeting in Charlotte 12-9. Now playing at the Garner Ice House, the Wolfpack can send Appalachian State to the BRHC playoffs with a win at home over UNC Charlotte. Only three teams advance to the BRHC playoffs from the Carolina Division; UNC Wilmington and The Citadel have secured a playoff spot. [/FONT][/COLOR]
                                                                                           [COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Georgia]                                                     Earlier this spring, UNC Charlotte handed UNC Wilmington their only loss in divisional play. The win setup a showdown between The Citadel and the 49ers, with the 49ers able to secure a playoff spot with a win. The Citadel arrived ready for a battle; Alex Winton (4 goals, 2 assist) lead the Bulldogs to an 8-2 win. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Georgia]                                                     [COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Georgia]A similar scenario occurred at the end of last season, as the game between the Wolfpack and Niners determined the final playoff spot. NC State defeated the 49ers in                                                              Raleigh to take the final BRHC playoff spot in 2008. This season the Niners hope to get a tough win on the road and represent the                                                          Carolina division at the BRHC playoffs on February 20-22 in                                                                                                                       Greenville,                                                              NC[/FONT][/COLOR].                                                      

[SIZE=4]www.NinerHockey.com[/SIZE]
[/FONT][/COLOR] [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Me and a few others will be heading to Garner Ice House tomorrow night. According the schedule, the game starts at 10:15. I thought it was 9 but I guess it’s been pushed back. Last game of the season…a must win. Should be a good game. Any other citizens of Niner Nation making the trip?

i wish we still had a roller hockey team here. i used to play for the team and we were really good. we were top 25 in the country every year. considering there is no scholarships given for roller hockey made it even more impressive since those guys who would be playing d1 were playing club. its good to see we at least have an ice hockey team.

bump

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;383736]i wish we still had a roller hockey team here. i used to play for the team and we were really good. we were top 25 in the country every year. considering there is no scholarships given for roller hockey made it even more impressive since those guys who would be playing d1 were playing club. its good to see we at least have an ice hockey team.[/QUOTE]

we still have a roller hockey team. they’re not currently active in the SECRHL if that’s what you mean, but i know the team still plays at least in the leagues at the charlotte sports center

Niners won 11-5. State’s coach was ejected after arguing with the refs in the 1st period.
Charlotte scored while 2 men down on a Wolfpack power play…it was great.

Niners won 11-5..

Wow! I’m no hockey expert, but that sounds like a freakin blowout. Isn’t that the equivalent of like a 130 to 60 basketball game, or 20 to 3 baseball game?

Way to go Niners!

Wow! I'm no hockey expert, but that sounds like a freakin blowout. Isn't that the equivalent of like a 130 to 60 basketball game, or 20 to 3 baseball game?

Way to go Niners!

Scotty, your math is terrible. It’s like 22 to 10 in baseball and 150 to 80 in basketball.

So if a win meant the playoffs, where are they & win?
Is it within 200-250 miles, & preferably on a weekend? If so, I’ll haul a55 to go.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;384007]Niners won 11-5. State’s coach was ejected after arguing with the refs in the 1st period.
Charlotte scored while 2 men down on a Wolfpack power play…it was great.[/QUOTE]

i remember when we played state. we hated each other. one game we had our coach kicked out, one of our players, two of their players and their best player injured. those battles were always intense.