Niner Times Op-Ed defends wearing other schools' colors

My blood pressure just went up.

AWWW HELLLLL NAW. educate this M.F.

where do you even begin…

thanks Dubois

I just dropped the mic on this garbage…

The writer likes U of Fla. because of their “wonderful” athletic program. Their program is wonderful in the same sense as Cheat’s. The writer is an idiot.

https://twitter.com/EdAverette22

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:4, topic:30068”]where do you even begin…

thanks Dubois[/quote]This was an issue before Dubois.

I just did the best I could from my iPhone. I’m so apoplectic, right now. Just. Agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh. **** this guy.

Wish I could upvote your usage of that word. Apropos.

[quote=“2k, post:8, topic:30068”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:4, topic:30068”]where do you even begin…

thanks Dubois[/quote]This was an issue before Dubois.[/quote]
I didn’t imply otherwise

but chancellors who send emails proclaiming the excellent marketing state schools such as the NC school of Arts becoming the “UNC” school of Arts only give greater voice to students who think like this boy.

Must be a Chapel Hole fan.

The article seemed to be basically this: “My family likes UF and I grew up watching UF on TV so it should be okay that I wear UF gear while attending Charlotte. Another reason students support other schools above Charlotte is because not enough students support Charlotte. Instead of being mad at these students who support other schools, we should be okay with it.”

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:11, topic:30068”][quote=“2k, post:8, topic:30068”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:4, topic:30068”]where do you even begin…

thanks Dubois[/quote]This was an issue before Dubois.[/quote]
I didn’t imply otherwise

but chancellors who send emails proclaiming the excellent marketing state schools such as the NC school of Arts becoming the “UNC” school of Arts only give greater voice to students who think like this boy.[/quote]

As an alumni of uNCSA, almost all the people I went to school with HATED that name change forced on us by Chapel Hill.

thanks. he replied to me. gonna block this clown

That was my take on the article as well. In all honesty, this guy seemed to be focused on himself way too much.

Wait I was told I was full of crap for saying people on campus wear other schools colors. Want this to change then develop a consistent winning program that engages students and non students alike!!

The problem is our University “leaders” make it far too easy for students to have this point of view.

Our athletics have become a go to homecoming, but not the game sort of affair.

IMO, if we started football in the 90s and still had the basketball success we had from 95-05, kids like his op-ed author would be few and far between.

Is it even worth sending the pile of word garbage to Judy’s email?

Nope, emails are the devil.

Paintsuits and White Rain are the good word.