NinerNation draft. Who do you take?

[QUOTE=MKNiner;177797]Summer is boring, so let’s try this.

Ok, you’ve been tasked with building NinerNation from scratch (team concept here). To do this you’re going to draft the 5 posters you think makes you the best team. Who are your top 5 picks and why? Who’s number 1 and why do you choose them to anchor your new team?

My picks:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]With the number #1 pick in the NinerNation draft, the MK Royals select…KTown49er.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]KTown brings with him the passion and drive that would be required to sustain any NinerNation. He also has a tendency to gin up controversy which never hurts with publicity and marketing rights.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#2 – Lefty – Every team needs a positive influence. Someone with connections who can get information and get it quickly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#3 – NinerAdvocate – Any nation that MK leads will surely find itself in legal trouble and in need of a lawyer, practicing or not.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#4 – ChiSox – politics aside every nation needs youth and energy to sustain itself and switch has a terrific up-side.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]#5 – Jimmyhat – fund raiser and champion of NinerNation football. IQ is a question mark so the results of the Wonderlic will be key.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Feel free to analyze others picks and offer feedback as well as providing your own.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Remember – this is for fun, so keep it civil.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Think we need a rule clarification. Each person can pick any five as their top five correct?? I have to believe everyone thinks they can’t pick me for their list because you picked me for yours…That has to be it, right?? Let everyone know so they can edit their lists…

Think we need a rule clarification. Each person can pick any five as their top five correct?? I have to believe everyone thinks they can't pick me for their list because you picked me for yours.....That has to be it, right?? Let everyone know so they can edit their lists.....

Any five. You are not limited by someone already picking another poster.

I’ll go…

MK - Mr versatility. Well versed in all areas and relentless.

Chisox - Brings it every day. Grew up in a Charlotte Observer home with dad who attended Chapel Hill. He now bleeds green. Enough said.

Cmack - “Kid” already plays in the Alumni golf tournament and attends the Gold Rush Auction. Unbelievable passion for the home team.

Run49er - he will return and when he does he’ll bring information and http links like no ones business.

HP - the Godfather of Niner Nation.

I’m bringing NA (not around as much lately), Allie (from out of nowhere…now a SUPERFAN), JimmyHat (dude is all over the place), Over40 (no one fights the battle any harder) off the bench.

Reserves: NLP, Mike P, 49erfan1.

Apparently my intern got confused with the names. NLP is in, Ktown out. My apologies NLP!!!

So much talent in this draft: Threemire, MoxRox from NR, Basden05.

49erDiva
CharlotteAlum
Allie49er
Missy49er
Amanda Butler (not sure on her screen name)

**6th poster Clus-Kdiid

lefty
na
mk
jimmyhat
morningwood

1. B&E - for good conversation on the shoutbox :weep:
  2. Survivor45 - everything he posts makes me laugh :lmao:
  3. JCL - the Yoda of NNN
  4. myself - I want to do the Pete Rose manager/player thing, so I can make 2x’s the $ :smirk:
  5. Jimmyhat - For actually doing the football campaign :headbang:

These are the first that come to mind…

No particular order, for my team I want the following posters. I’m making a full team. Bold = started.

(Guest Appearances) 49erDiva - Every team needs star power.

[COLOR=darkgreen][B]49orbust - Gets stuff done instead of just talking about it. Can debate any subject on the board.[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkgreen][B]Allie49er - Shoutbox Champion, most devoted Niner girl.[/B][/COLOR]

Basden05 - Starting pulling for the Niners from Australia. Dude even got our logo on his arm.

BobandEd49er - Started the ATR, fights off KTown.

GotLutz - The ultimate fan, 100% dedicated.

Jason4Life - Transformed from Heel fan to a Niner fan in no time. Developing some connections

[COLOR=black]LeftyNiner - One of the most knowledgeable posters. Has great connections, big time Niner fan that is willing to spread the word.[/COLOR]

NinerLoudNProud - Respectable posters, never caught using bad grammar. Knows his Niner sports as well.

[B][COLOR=darkgreen]Niner89 - Will do anything for his Niners or fellow fans. Big time Niner fan especially his boys Diego and Henry. Love talking Niner basketball? See 89.[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=#006400][COLOR=black]NinerATL2CHA -[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Brings humor to the board, besides I couldn’t leave talent like him out on the street.[/COLOR]

Over40Niner - One of the top POY candidates, the favorite for the award IMO.

[COLOR=darkgreen][B]TheDaxifiedOne - Dax is my boy, not to mention he’s a devoted fan. Fights the high rate of ACC fans throughout campus.[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=darkgreen]Richfieldniner - Knows everything about our man Mox, brings me the Niner news I want to hear.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#006400]Assistant Coach - Mombeasy/Dymond[/COLOR][/B]

With the #1 overall pick in 2006 NNN Draft J4L32 selects

1.) J Felt

J Felt brings the passion of a true niner fan with him and loves the niners in the best and worst conditions and come he painted his chest at the Wake Forest game!

Oh that’s just wonderful, do I have to wear baby blue?

If I had to go with 5 guys to talk Niner basketball with from this board.

1. Jason Jordan. The guy has contacts. He knows the recruits and the coaches. He breaks the big story.

2. NinerLoudandProud. Has good opinions and is eloquent in voicing them

3. Lefty: Another guy with great contacts in the team

4. NinerAdvocate: Long time poster, good Admin. Always has passion and ideas about Niner Basketball.

5. ChiSox. When Coach Lutz calls you by name on his radio show that means you’re a Niner fan. Kid with passion, energy and at the same time good knowledge of sports in general.

Note

If Real49er was still around he’d be my 1 hands down and I’d have to change things. The guy knew/knows everything before it happens.

Wan, I never make these lists :frowning:

Maybe I’ll get signed as a FA or get a shot in Europe or the NBDL…sniff, sniff.

Wan, I never make these lists :(

Maybe I’ll get signed as a FA or get a shot in Europe or the NBDL…sniff, sniff.

Yeah? Don’t feel bad… Looks like I’ll be shooting down at the YMCA.

About time I chime in.

With the number one overall pick, J Felt selects:

1. Orville. The upside on this guy is tremendous, he has nowhere to go but up. Good trade bait as well.

2. Charlotte Soccer Coach. Can’t believe this guy has slipped this far.

3. Scrappy. His occasional witty remarks bring this team to a new level. He’s also good with computers to boot. Can also hit the occasional jumpshot.

4. mike_persinger. Very few people receive rants as much as this guy does, and he handles it well everytime.

5. HappyCamper. Truly an asset to any NN.net team, and he’s a “great rebounder.”

My picks:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]With the number #1 pick in the NinerNation draft, the MK Royals select…KTown49er.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]KTown brings with him the passion and drive that would be required to sustain any NinerNation. He also has a tendency to gin up controversy which never hurts with publicity and marketing rights.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

This is the worst #1 overall draft pick EVER. This ranks close to Portland’s choice of Sam Bowie (even though it was #2). Absolutely the worst overall draft pick in the history of draft picks.

And from MK??? I could see this coming from jcl, the “Jimmyhat” of admins. (we still boys Jimmy), but MK? MK, your team has the potential to “blend together” about as much as oil and water.

What’s next? KTOWN…2006 POY??

Worst Overall #1 Draft pick…EVER.

This is the worst #1 overall draft pick EVER. This ranks close to Portland's choice of Sam Bowie (even though it was #2). Absolutely the worst overall draft pick in the history of draft picks.

OK…First of all…MK understands the responsibility of the Marketing aspect of the #1 Overall Draft Pick. The #1 Overall Draft Pick has to sell tickets…merchandise…etc. The skills can be debated…the potential can be debated…but NOBODY can debate the Marketing genius behind this pick. Love him or hate him…KTown puts butts in seats…period. MK understands this better than anyone and that is why he made the pick.

Howard Stern, Michael Vick, KTown…all controversial…but Marketing GOLDMINES!!

...MK, your team has the potential to "blend together" about as much as oil and water.

Now…don’t worry about chemistry. This team has some talent and some egos. And yes, KTown has had a history of conflict with both NA and Lefty. But we are a PROFESSIONAL organization…which means we can succede and get along ON the court…even if we don’t OFF of it. We ALL understand that we need to use our talents together to be successful.

We do that by being professional…and understanding our roles. To put it simply, KTown, as #1 Overall Draft Pick, is the go-to guy…the rest of the team will support that and understand that they are NOT the #1 Overall pick…and will accept their appropriately smaller roles.

What's next? KTOWN...2006 POY??

Great Idea Robert. MK, can you add the Title of “#1 Overall Draft Pick 2006 NNN Draft” under my name? AND please leave room for the 2006 POY title as well.

Thanks!!

QUE MY SONG!!!

1. HP
    Can always be counted on for humor and pictures of Gold Dusters.

2. MK
    The conservative voice of reason in the Politics forum. I enjoy our debates.

3. CLT
    Probably the funniest message board personality ever.

4. Run49er
    Every message board needs a newsman

5. Switchfoot
    My liberal ally and friend.

Howard Stern, Michael Vick, KTown....all controversial...but Marketing GOLDMINES!!

This is disturbing.

To put it simply, KTown, as #1 Overall Draft Pick, is the go-to guy....the rest of the team will support that and understand that they are NOT the #1 Overall pick....and will accept their appropriately smaller roles.

Oh yea, this is going to work…about as well as putting out a fire with gasoline.

Great Idea Robert. MK, can you add the Title of "#1 Overall Draft Pick 2006 NNN Draft" under my name? AND please leave room for the 2006 POY title as well.

Thanks!!

This is also disturbing.

QUE MY SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me 2 months to get him to stop saying this. Thanks A LOT MK.

My team is also a whole team…not just 5…and in no particular order.

Bobanded…I am a one man team. B&E against the world.

Subs:

My boy Jimmyhat…b/c if he can’t think of it himself, he sho’ 'nuff gonna steal it from somebody else. Should lead the league in steals.

J4L…Not many on here can stir the pot like J4L, which is why when he is on the floor.

Charlotte Soccer Coach…The man knows soccer…and that alone gets you on this team.

ATL…b/c we boys and he gets it.

Brick…pulls some solid posts…good 6 man to have on the team.

Head Coach…B&E. I am the Pete Rose of NNN. I can coach and play at the same time…wanna bet?

Asst. Coach…Survivor45. Like to think I discovered him…diamond in the rough. Plus, that’s how he rolls.

Other than my boy Threemire, this is worse than playing kickball as a kid… not even picked last…:weep:

ok, lets now vote for favorite recruit :naughty:

btw,

#1 goes to jimmyhat and the other football advocates on my draft list.

(I found out about this site as the football web page was supposedly being created)

(I found out about this site as the football web page was supposedly being created)

What is this supposedness you speak of?

www.charlotte49erfootball.com