NinerNation.Net?

It’s hard to believe I’ve come to this point. After doing this for so many years, I’ve decided to shutter the site.

Lots of things are in need around here. We need to move on to a new platform that fits today’s mobile and instant world. Not too long ago I was working toward that end and spent a good bit of time doing so. The more I worked on it, the more I realized my passion for this is gone. Family, career, and finding things I enjoy more continue to pull me away.

I’ll always be a Niner fan and support the team. Heck, we just redid my 7 year old’s room all up in Niners (at his request) with green and gold paint and fathead graphics to match. I’m forever a Niner.

So, my plan is to shutter things at the end of June. I hope a community will continue on somewhere and I’ll certainly watch it as well as take part once in a while. Perhaps someone else will take up the charge and create something…

It was fun…

-Mac

Thanks for your years of work on this place.

Thank you Mac for all your work!! I know it is a very thankless job, but a job of passion.

football probably doesn’t happen with this place

I would have been a huge duke fan to this day without this place, not sure that’s as thankful

For those that read and don’t participate/see the shoutbox, steps are being taken to preserve NN.N so it doesn’t go away.

Change may happen, but the community will live on.

clt thanks you for your hard work.

There will be another community if this no longer exists and with will have a chat function.

I mostly just read and don’t post or shout very much.
But I visit here a lot, and would like to express many thanks to you for this site, and for all of the hard work you have put into it.
You sir, are a true Niner!

Thanks for all your dedication Mac! Go enjoy life!

Thanks Mac for all the years off keeping this site up and running. This site (its predecessor) is a major reason I became a Niner fan after I enrolled and has led me to meet a few other Niner diehards. Hopefully the site or something equivalent remains because if not I’m not really sure I’d stay as connected as I’d like.

I decree that this shall no longer be known as Matthew Stafford. This is now and forever, Ninermac

Thanks Mac. I hate to see this go because this is one of the better boards I visit. You have done a great job over the years giving Niners a home.

[quote=“Nugget, post:12, topic:30941”]Thanks Mac. I hate to see this go because this is one of the better boards I visit. You have done a great job over the years giving Niners a home.[/quote]To me, this has been the best. Hate to see Mac step aside given what a great job he’s done with the board (and for so little in return), but it’s pretty amazing he’s done it for as long as he has. Thanks for all the work you’ve put into it Mac.

I do hope the board will continue in some form, the chat function is a lot of fun and the way the board is set up is so much easier than almost any other site I’ve been on. I hope that isn’t lost in trying to make things “mobile-friendly”.

Thanks for everything Mac! CUSA Talk helped make me a hardcore Niner fan. This site kept me interested in the Niners despite the recent down cycle.

Thank you for all you do/did Mac. Read these forums since 2013, didn’t start posting till 2015 and it was a bit part of me becoming as fanatical as I am and inspired me to create my MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN hat.
Without this site, Charlotte football I don’t believe happens.
Thank you!

Thanks for doing this passionately for nearly two decades, Mac. There is a lot of history here, including the football threads, the old’n days of CUSA 1.0 basketball glory, the MSOC national championship run, and Niner History 4901. I really hope that these can be preserved in some way.

And, most importantly, thank you to the other posters still left here that didn’t abandon the program. This place made football happen. Never forget that. Verifiable fact.

Thanks for everything you’ve done Mac. I was late coming to the party, but after the first Spring Game I found this place and have been all in ever since. I’m going to miss this place.

[font=Roboto][size=13px] "I really hope that these can be preserved in some way. "[/size][/font]
[font=Roboto][/size][/font]
[font=Roboto][/size][size=13px]very important i think. [/size][/font]
[font=roboto][/size][size=2]and i thank you too. i’ve enjoyed this place. keeping up. blowing off steam. getting to “know” some really whacky dudes (and the occasional dudette). i’ll miss it. but maybe i’ll start reading books again! lol [/size][size=13px][/font]

I owe a lot to this website. I was social recluse but thanks the Niners and this website I have great friends that were strangers a decade ago, and a college football team.

Makes me more sad than I care to admit to have read this news. Maybe, just maybe, we should have had rules here?

And I had finally made enough posts to finally get listed as a sophomore…Dang…Thanks for keeping up the site as long as you had. Been on NNN since the 2004-05 season… :frowning: