NinerReport.com: Braswell interview & thoughts on Rivals/Scout

[quote=ā€œ4t9er, post:18, topic:23155ā€][quote=ā€œ89NinerGrad, post:17, topic:23155ā€]Didnā€™t mean to stoke any fires here but I come here for info, not to be directed to a site where I have to pay. Arenā€™t some of the recruiting updates spiked from Rivals anyway? I only post occasionally so no big deal and I donā€™t want to ruffle any feathers.

Go Niners!!![/quote]

I made this same point several years ago when being lectured for asking someone to post an article here. I think it was Jason Jordan whoā€™s post I was responding too, after noticing the only threads he starts on here were solicitations for his site. I say give us some info or take your commercials somewhere else, seems like its a violation to me. If you have a membership then you can be alerted about articles through the site, if you dont have a membership then you cant read it anyway so what good does it do to know about it. I dont know if Lefty has any association with the rivals so it may not be applicable in this case, but still kind of a pointless post.[/quote]

I have to dissagree here. I understand some of the comments on ā€œcommercialsā€ and advertising the paid site. But, no one is requiring anyone to go there and pay. The subject in this thread clearly says it is an interview on Rivals website. Maybe it needs to be stated as ā€œinterview on rivals which is a pay only site and you will not find any info in this thread about itā€ from now on? I get what you and others are saying but there are individuals on this board that are interested that ANYONE has an article covering us and like to know that info is out (even if they do not have a subscription). And no, I do not currently suscribe to ninerreport. Besides, any info from there or anywhere else will be public knowledge in a couple days so all will and do benefit from these sort of articles, even if not directly.

We are all part of a dedicated fan base for our Niners and I donā€™t think we have enough coverage that we can alienate anyone. This is just my opinion.

I and others have asked for login info for pay website video feeds of our game on the internet for which others have to pay forā€¦ no one makes in issue over that.

I guess it only matters if you know the person you are ā€œstealingā€ from huh.

Ever used someone elses un-locked wireless connection?

u get my point. I just find it interesting.

Guess each side has a point. I just donā€™t want to be directed to a pay site which says the players like the new coach, are excited about the upcoming season, etc. I think all of us can figure that out on our own.

I guess I got everybody fired up. Sorry for that. Thanks to the adminā€™s for keeping the site going. Other the the COB, this is probably the only place to find Niner Info. Not much info up here in NJ.

Go Niners!

Well, well. What do they say? ā€œAlways more than one way to skin a cat?ā€

Letā€™s not post this againā€¦

I actually have access to all the premium articles for free right now. This actually happens quite a bit with rivals and many of the articles can be read if you click the cache link on google search

i know everybody is skeptical about ninerreport but it seems as is some of you are trying to ruin ninerreport. we are lucky to have timmy working as hard as he can, for free, to keep ninerreport running. i know i am one of the first to ask for a summary but if someone says no then i will leave it at that. if you dont want to subscribe, then dont but i dont think we should be trying to antagonize someone who clearly is working hard, with little fanfair, for the school.

^THIS

For free? Sure didnā€™t know that if that is trueā€¦

And I believe the discourse, at least in this thread, is that there arenā€™t a ton of people on this board that have NR. Those that do pay over $100 a year, can (and do) check NR for articles. The vast majority of the board doesnā€™t have NR. Yet Lefty posts about half the articles on here, which is basically just advertising since most the people that can read them already do, and nobody else can. And then if someone gives a 1 sentence summary, Lefty harasses them for violating rules (except in this threadā€¦ I assume he realizes that itā€™s been excessive). Iā€™ve been subscribed, but chose not to re-up after all that. And the fact that it costs more than itā€™s worth if you just want it for the niner stuff.

Sorry if that sounds like a rambling comment, Iā€™m tired.

Tim doesnā€™t work for free, but we have so few subscribers he basically does.

Iā€™m a little surprised that noone has posted the link to the Yahoo Sports article on Braswell so that all of Niner Nation can be informed. I donā€™t know how to post a link.

Braswell discusses year one

Iā€™m not offended by it, just think its kind of pointless to post an article if were not allowed to discuss the contents of the article. But hey its slow this time of year, so at least bitching about this post gives us all a reason to be here :stuck_out_tongue: .

What he saidā€¦

You ARE allowed to discuss the contents of the articleā€¦ jeez. You just canā€™t copy and paste it.

Apparently you havenā€™t read leftys comments in the bowden threadā€¦

Some good info on NR right now about a 2010 pg whoā€™s visiting, and an SEC transfer whoā€™s looking at us.

Just copy and paste the articleā€¦ or is that still a touchy subject?

Jeff Goodman lists the following players as transferring from SEC schools:

• Justin Knox, 6-8, F, Jr., Alabama
  • DeMario Mayfield, 6-4, G, Fr., Georgia
  • DeAngelo Riley, 6-9, F. Jr., Mississippi
  • Ray Shipman, 6-5, SG, Soph., Florida

None of them ring a bell at first (Knox kind of does), but someone may have the time, energy, or lack of a life to cross reference these guys with either our program during their initial recruiting or with any of the programs Major or his assistants came from. The one asst. (sorry I havenā€™t remembered names yet) spent time recently at UGA. Just a thought. Or someone could just slightly reveal, since everyone knows this place is dead during this time of year.

These Niner Report threads piss me off. If you want to ā€˜advertiseā€™ your site, then buy an ad on ninernation.net. Iā€™m sure the man behind this website would love the revenue.

Otherwise, when you start a thread, it should have info related to the title, not just a link to a membership only website.