NinerReport

Don’t get me wrong…I signed up to this site for 2 reasons:

1- To support a Niner and a new Niner venture
2- For extra interviews and stories you don’t find anywhere else (like a local newspaper that actually gives a sh!t about it’s local team, for example)

But what a waste of money!!!

I mean, from a pure business standpoint, it’s almost enough to be classified as a complete rip-off or scam.

Forget daily updates…there are rarely bi-weekly updates and very few stories even within the season that are worth paying for. The offseason recruiting interviews and reports are just as rare and equally as informationally challenged.

I hate to rip on any former Niner trying to put together any type of new Niner venture…but this is embarrassing and in poor business ethics to take money from subscribers for that type of information and service (or lack there of). I know Jason has been busy with other more important duties…and that’s fine…but if the result is a worthless and stagnant site, he shouldn’t charge for the site at all and he should refund anyone who has been paying for the last 6mos.

NinerReport was really good when Jason was a student. However, he has a life now and lives 6-7 hours away. I wish there was more to NR, but I don’t lay the blame on Jason.

Nobody ever picked up where he left off.

I offered to do anything to help including interviews on campus but Jason insisted that he had it taken care of , with all of his spots taken. No pity here. A refund would be nice but he has to live with it.

How do you not lay the blame on Jason? It is his site. Is someone just supposed to jump out of the blue and take over for him? No. He needs to take the responsibility to replace himself. Stop ripping people off.

Thanks for the reminder to cancel the subscription, Ktown!

You can’t cancel online, but their customer service person was helpful without any hassle.

Without football there really is not a whole hell of a lot of significant information for the NinerReport to talk about right now. I agree that the site is not worth paying for. Even in it’s prime I thought it was a ripoff, but honestly…there is not an overwhelming amount of material to work with.

Without football there really is not a whole hell of a lot of significant information for the NinerReport to talk about right now..

Not true at all. There is a ton of recruiting news, AAU updates, and damn we have EIGHT new players, let’s get some friggin interviews!!

Not true at all. There is a ton of recruiting news, AAU updates, and damn we have EIGHT new players, let's get some friggin interviews!!
Could also do write ups about the summer league games.

There is a [B]ton[/B] of recruiting news? Some of the best sources for Charlotte recruiting news post on here quite regularly, so what original updates do you honestly expect or want to find on there? AAU news is not worth paying for, and we have 8 new players that get talked about on there about as much as they can be. What kind of digging do you expect the NinerReport to do? Maybe there just wasn’t or isn’t that much demand for it. Economically, why go the extra mile when it gets you no more in return.

There is a [B]ton[/B] of recruiting news? Some of the best sources for Charlotte recruiting news post on here quite regularly, so what original updates do you honestly expect or want to find on there? AAU news is not worth paying for, and we have [B]8 new players that get talked about on there about as much as they can be. [/B]What kind of digging do you expect the NinerReport to do? Maybe there just wasn't or isn't that much demand for it. Economically, why go the extra mile when it gets you no more in return.

WHAT!?!?

There has been little to NOTHING on almost all of our signees. There were decent interviews with Gaby and Gerrity, a short piece on Mack a while ago, and that’s really about it. Gimme a friggin break. You must be Jason Jordan’s best friend huh?

At many schools (not sure about Charlotte), freshmen are off limits, basically, from the time they arrive on campus until they play their first game. Keeps the hype machine on the internet in check.

I’m interested in two things:

1. How are the players doing in pickup games? Last year we got insight on that. This year, not so much.

2. '08 recruiting. We’re hearing next to nothing on that front. Is Kenny Gabriel interested in Charlotte? How are we doing with Eladio Espinosa? I have no idea who he’s favoring. Any chance with Victor Davila? I’d love to see him in the green and white. What’s our area of need? I think one shooter (replace Sr. Leemire) and one post player (upgrade over Sr. Phaler). Then I guess best player regardless of position we can get.

WHAT!?!?

There has been little to NOTHING on almost all of our signees. There were decent interviews with Gaby and Gerrity, a short piece on Mack a while ago, and that’s really about it. Gimme a friggin break. You must be Jason Jordan’s best friend huh?

I just said that the NinerReport was never worth paying for even in its prime, so how would that make me Jason Jordan’s best friend?

My point was that you shouldn’t be surpised to find that the Niner Report has become weak. Realistically, how much time should the NinerReport really invest in finding information on recruits that are pretty hard to find information on in the first place. If there is no demand for it, then why whould they go out of there way to write up a page on Javarris Barnett if only a few people including you ChiSox want to read it out of principle. I’m not sure what you’re so up in arms about. You and I are very close in our opinions of the site. It is bad…real bad, and they should never have charged for it because charging for the info they provide is essentially stealing.

I'm interested in two things:
  1. How are the players doing in pickup games? Last year we got insight on that. This year, not so much.

2. '08 recruiting. We’re hearing next to nothing on that front. Is Kenny Gabriel interested in Charlotte? How are we doing with Eladio Espinosa? I have no idea who he’s favoring. Any chance with Victor Davila? I’d love to see him in the green and white. What’s our area of need? I think one shooter (replace Sr. Leemire) and one post player (upgrade over Sr. Phaler). Then I guess best player regardless of position we can get.

Word. I dont think 2 or 3 updates/articles per week is asking too much, especially considering how much the site costs.

Any word on our refunds yet???

Interesting thing I learned last week on the pay model for the internet:

Knoxville News Sentinel sports editor was at Associated Press Sports Editors convention on a panel about the internet and newspapers. Their site, govols.com, went to a pay model a few years ago, selling its recruiting information and other stories about the Vols on the website for $9.95 a month. National following for Tennessee football, intense interest in the state of Tennessee. And it was, on one level, a success. More than 4,500 people were ponying up, more than $500,000 a year. That was out of more than 100,000 readers they have for the newspaper. 
   Now, the bad news: Most of the subscribers weren't from Knoxville, so local advertisers wouldn't climb on board. They had no interest in advertising a restaurant in Knoxville to a fan in Charlotte, for example, so they didn't advertise. And the numbers weren't nearly enough to get national advertisers on board. Not worth their effort for 4,500 readers.
 The solution? It'll go free in July, they expect to expand their number of unique visitors to perhaps a hundred times the pay model subscribers, get people in Knoxville (and thus the people who interest local advertisers) and, their projections, double revenue to $1 million a year for the same information they were charging for. 
  The future? Perhaps. I've always thought the right model was draw eyeballs, then charge a rate similar to what you charge for space in the newspaper.
  Oh, and ninerreport.com doesn't cover road games. The Charlotte Observer does. We may not do all you want, but you know what to expect, and what you can expect to pay for it.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;245275] The Charlotte Observer does. We may not do all you want, but you know what to expect, and what you can expect to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

I do know what to expect… blah blah blah UNC blah blah blah Chapel Hill blah blah blah Tarheels and that is why I do not and will not pay for it.

[QUOTE=WBNiner;245284]I do know what to expect… blah blah blah UNC blah blah blah Chapel Hill blah blah blah Tarheels and that is why I do not and will not pay for it.[/QUOTE]
You are wrong WB (yea, I’m defending the Observer). They put stuff about us in there too. You just have to know where to look. Try looking for our articles with the high school stuff. That’s where they’ve put us lately. Oh yea, you need to get the University edition too because we often don’t make the regular printed version.

Pavlov’s posters never fail me.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;245297][QUOTE=Over40NINER;245289][QUOTE=WBNiner;245284]I do know what to expect… blah blah blah UNC blah blah blah Chapel Hill blah blah blah Tarheels and that is why I do not and will not pay for it.[/QUOTE]You are wrong WB (yea, I’m defending the Observer). They put stuff about us in there too. You just have to know where to look. Try looking for our articles with the high school stuff. That’s where they’ve put us lately. Oh yea, you need to get the University edition too because we often don’t make the regular printed version.[/QUOTE]
Pavlov’s posters never fail me.[/QUOTE]
:lmao: