Niners in "good" company

From the Charlotte-Rutgers game:

Rutgers had an 8-2 run over the final six minutes of the first half to cut the halftime lead to 41-30. The Scarlet Knights opened the second half with a 16-4 run to take a 46-45 lead.”

From the Louisville-Iowa game:

“Juan Palacios scored inside with 11:39 to play to give Louisville (1-1) a 48-42 lead. That was the Cardinals’ last field goal for nine minutes as Iowa went up 67-56. Louisville missed 10 shots in that span and managed just eight points, all on free throws.”

From the Kent State-Old Dominion game:

“The Golden Flashes led 55-46 with 8:06 to play, but [Kent State] went scoreless for nearly the next seven minutes, while Old Dominion pushed to the lead and eventually the victory.”

From the Xavier-Miami (OH) game:

“Xavier (1-1) pulled to 59-52 with 2:52 left in the game on two 3-pointers from freshman Stanley Burrell, ending a seven-minute stretch without a Musketeer field goal.

Run this is typical of almost any team in the country sometime during a season. Most important, one game does not make a season…Dang it, you can lose a battle but still win the war!

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:28 PM [b] From the Charlotte-Rutgers game:

Rutgers had an 8-2 run over the final six minutes of the first half to cut the halftime lead to 41-30. The Scarlet Knights opened the second half with a 16-4 run to take a 46-45 lead.”

[/b]

So, we’re outscored 24-6 over about 10 minutes of the game? Here we’re obsessing about FTs (and we SHOULD), but my GOD, when are we going to play some D!!! I counted 4 uncontested DUNKS out of Rutgers’ HALF COURT offense during the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. WTF is up with THAT!!!???

Now on to valpo!! GO NINERS!!

Quote: “I counted 4 uncontested DUNKS out of Rutgers’ HALF COURT offense during the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. WTF is up with THAT!!!???”

It was all BP fault, don’t you know that 49er1. :smiley:

Let’s hope this was our “bad” game of the season. If so, we are going to be in great shape. Let’s hope we removed some of the early season jitters & it’s smooth sailing ahead.

If you let someone by you by waving your white flag on the perimeter, and they drive towards the rim, a post player HAS to come over and help defend this player. Said player who was defended like France was guarding him is free to pass to rotating post player’s original assignment. Original post player’s assignment is free to be an ugly man dunking the ball. In the case of Rutgers, ugly man dunking the ball was Number 40 .