Niners in the McDonalds AA game...

With the upcomming AA game, I was thinking about how cool it will be when Charlotte finally gets a player in that game. Yeah, yeah I know its just a showcase game where the “elite” schools show off their top ranked recruits, and there is nothing but dunks, bombed threes, bad D, blahh blah. But that will be awesome when a player is throwing down in the game, and it says CHARLOTTE beside his name.

Obviously barring a major meltdown or injury, Beasley is an absolute lock for the game in 2007, but what about Tatum, can a guy who takes a fifth year at a prep school be eligible? I dont know the rule on that, but I was thinking, he is already top 150 down at Tucker GA, if he went to a nationally known prep school and continued to blow up, he could be a top 25 guy. And Corperyalle Harris would be a HUUGE land. He is the number 8 ranked sg in the nation and is on the rise. And who knows what Harmon will do next season, he is already top 50 accorinding to some analysts. Damn Im excited about our 07 class…:thumbsup:

Charlotte isn’t an “elite” program. Therefore, no 49er recruits will ever wear the golden arches in an all star contest. :tongue:

Charlotte isn't an "elite" program. Therefore, no 49er recruits will ever wear the golden arches in an all star contest. :tongue:

Not yet, soon hopefully…

Post-grad kids not eligible for McDonalds Game.

if youre the number two ranked player in youre class im pretty sure they have to put you in the game regardless of the program you are going to.

Beasley will own that game Quadruple double i’m calling it now lol

[QUOTE=HP49er;163333]Charlotte isn’t an “elite” program. Therefore, no 49er recruits will ever wear the golden arches in an all star contest. :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Given the current Charlotte sports landscape, will the athletic department (present or future administration) at UNC Charlotte EVER be able to do anything to make it a “one hit wonder” program (muchless, an elite program)?

Given what I’ve learned about the “sports media” in this market, we’d still be an afterthought to Duke IF we were in the sweet 16 of this year’s tournament.

Mickey Ds AA are usually picked after the player has committed, it seems, and unless a player commits to an elite school, it seems McDs passes them over, regardless of their talent.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;163339]Given the current Charlotte sports landscape, will the athletic department (present or future administration) at UNC Charlotte EVER be able to do anything to make it a “one hit wonder” program (muchless, an elite program)?

Given what I’ve learned about the “sports media” in this market, we’d still be an afterthought to Duke IF we were in the sweet 16 of this year’s tournament.[/QUOTE]

So let’s get something to be proud of first. If no one else respects a deep run in the tournament, we’ll know why.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;163339]Given what I’ve learned about the “sports media” in this market, we’d still be an afterthought to Duke IF we were in the sweet 16 of this year’s tournament.[/QUOTE]

If you’re talking about us, you’d be wrong. I’d say if you were still playing in the Sweet 16, the excitement might be such that we could sell a paper or two to folks who read this board, and even folks who never have. I’d bet the Washington Post has visited George Mason this week, too.

i agree with the fact that a player committed to hear might get passed over by the mcdonalds aa committe in many circumstances however beasley is ranked 2nd in his class with a legit shot at number one. if he was ranked in the 50’s or 60’s i could see him not making it but they cant pass on a player this good. also, if we make it to the sweet sixteen and hopefully beyond with beasley then we will recieve attention. were not george mason. we may suprise people by being there but i think most intelligent anaylsts would not be totally shocked to see us in the final four as we have picked as a sleeper to get there in recent years.

My $.02: It is a highly politicized popularity contest. Nice for Mike if it happens, but I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, either way. If he wants to play in that game to show his stuff, then more power to him.

Beasley will make it, barring injury, don’t worry. He needs to bring some players to Charlotte with him for a deep tournament run. It usually takes three NBA-type players to win a national title, two to make an Elite Eight or Final Four. One player can be shut down (with J.J. Redick as the most recent example). LSU, I believe, has three NBA players on the roster, and I wish I had picked them to beat Texas in my bracket.