Niners in the NFL / Pros

Should not be celebrating against an obviously inferior team. :grin:

5 Likes

Lemayā€™s TD looked just like the ones he had here. Those runs where he hesitates, waits for the portal into another dimension to open, then runs through a crowd untouched. Amazing.

1 Like

The taunting penalty on Lemay was a segment on its own on PTI today (centered around ā€œare taunting penalties in the NFL going to far?ā€ But it was the only play used for reference). They praised him for carrying the pile 8 yards and thought the penalty was ridiculous, but didnā€™t call him by name, only referring to him as ā€œan undrafted rookie.ā€ If anyone wants to watch, you can catch PTI repeats on ESPN plus/the ESPN app and its the first ā€œmail timeā€ segment.

Edit - and the play was the lead for around the horn. Itā€™s been a slow offseason for 49er sportsā€¦

2 Likes

Well, at least they didnā€™t call him an undrafted rookie from the University of North Carolina.

1 Like

clt says wilbon has made Pti unwatchable

The NFL will ban taunting foreverā€¦unless it shows up in say, a Deion Sanders highlight videoā€¦

Agree x 1000x.

1 Like

Lemay getting the bulk of the colts carries in preseason #2 game but not much running happening against the minn defense tonight.

11 carries, 13 yards
3 receptions (3 targets), 16 yards

From what I was seeing, I thought he ran pretty well, there just wasnt a ton of space for him to run. He definitely looked a step behind what Iā€™m used to seeing him as just because of the step up in competition. He had a pretty good blitz pickup once that wonā€™t show up in the box score. I think he beats out Jackson on the depth chart but Iā€™m not sure the 4th RB gets a roster spot?

I see Benny also returned a kickoff for 15 yards.

1 Like

Deluca got some PT for the Chargers. He had a lot of tackles but no idea how he played.

3 Likes

Chargers/49ers were on NFL network last night so I had it on. Deluca played just about the entire 2nd half and was around the ball a lot. Was involved in a lot of tackles including a big 3rd down solo stop at the chains. Niners didnt go up the field through the air too much so I dont recall him being involved in that. Dan Fouts was calling the game for the Chargers but the broadcasters didnt talk about much of the Chargers D or any players in detail on the field (other than the rookie 3rd round LB).

4 Likes

I had the same takeaways. He was in the frame making the tackle, trying to, or on top of the ball almost every play. I didnā€™t notice any pass plays he was involved with either. He did miss a few tackles by not wrapping up but overall seemed to play pretty well in the 2nd half he was given the opportunity for.

clt says it must be weird for our guys to play san fran

1 Like

What the chances of Benny Lemay making the colts opening day roster? I havenā€™t looked much at the depth chart. Heā€™s getting a lot of preseason PT but of course thats not really a great thing. Hopefully its good tape at least for his next nfl team if he gets cut from the colts.

From what Iā€™ve read, itā€™s pretty much 0. Indy is super deep at RB and I think his best case scenario is making the practice squad unless another team picks him up.

3 Likes