Niners to play at ACC school in February

I foresee lots of Niner Green in Joel Coliseum on Feb 11. LOTS of Green.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@May 17 2005, 11:52 AM [b] I foresee lots of Niner Green in Joel Coliseum on Feb 11. LOTS of Green. [/b]

Funny, Ive never seen LOTS of Niner Green in Halton.

[i]Originally posted by Hooligan[/i]@May 17 2005, 11:01 AM [b] Funny, Ive never seen LOTS of Niner Green in Halton. [/b]
sad, but very true... :(
[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@May 17 2005, 11:30 AM [b] I guess WF got un-skeered of us after that debacle vs ncsu. They saw what soft D we played and said "we gotta git somma dat!" Maybe other acc'ers will try to, too. They really have NO reason to be skeered now. [/b]
Funny to read over on the Wake board how little respect they have for us at all. One guy called this game a "cupcake" game. I know one guy over that consistantly trashes us named DemonDKE who seems almost stunned they are playing us. A few years back a niner fan was over there saying how Wake was scared to play us and the Wake fans said they saw nothing to gain from playing us.

Some of them have no respect for us and some of them have a lot of respect for us. For some reason or another, a couple of them have a chip on their shoulder against us. I’m pretty sure that’s because reality smacked some of them in the face in the real world. In some fields, our degrees receive just as much recognition as theirs.

can someone post a link to the most active wake board please

There ya go!

Wake Forest Sports

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@May 17 2005, 12:43 PM [b] There ya go!

Wake Forest Sports [/b]

that was quick, thanks switchfoot i appreciate it!

17-33 (34%) is better that Clemson’s alltime winning % in ACC B-Ball. LOL.
Hey, we can definitely say we belong.
It’d be funny if there was more green & gold than yellow & black on 02/11.

Cocky bunch that board is. You’d think after years of flaming out in the early rounds and being disrepected in their own city they’d have some humility.

Definitely not a 2-for-1. 1 for 1.

Thanks Lefty. I actually edited that out after realizing how wrong they were.

[b] 17-33 (34%) is better that Clemson's alltime winning % in ACC B-Ball. LOL. Hey, we can definitely say we belong. It'd be funny if there was more green & gold than yellow & black on 02/11.[/b]

I wouldn’t count on it but it would be nice that’s for sure.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@May 17 2005, 01:50 PM [b] 17-33 (34%) is better that Clemson's alltime winning % in ACC B-Ball. LOL. Hey, we can definitely say we belong. It'd be funny if there was more green & gold than yellow & black on 02/11. [/b]
going back to what hooligan said. Its tough enough for a decent load of niners too show up at halton, I doubt Lawrence Joel will be oozing green. IT wasn't when the lady niners were there in march.

Keep in mind this isn’t the Wake of Dave Odom times where it was half full for most games and then filled up for UNC. They sold the most season tickets they have ever this past season and have a pretty good marketing scheme with the tie dyes.

Of course I wouldn’t expect their support to be as strong next year particuarly if Eric Williams doesn’t return.

[i]Originally posted by NovaNiner[/i]@May 17 2005, 01:59 PM [b] You'd think after years of flaming out in the early rounds and being disrepected in their own city they'd have some humility. [/b]
OK...am I the only one confused on this one?

Are you talking about Charlotte or WFU???

[b]Of course I wouldn't expect their support to be as strong next year particuarly if Eric Williams doesn't return. [/b]

Has he declared? Withers vs Williams matchup would be worth the price of admission.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@May 17 2005, 03:57 PM [b]
[b]Of course I wouldn't expect their support to be as strong next year particuarly if Eric Williams doesn't return. [/b]

Has he declared? Withers vs Williams matchup would be worth the price of admission. [/b]

Yes, Eric Williams has declared and there are rumors he is no longer in class/on campus. Wake could be in trouble next year.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er+May 17 2005, 03:54 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (KTown49er @ May 17 2005, 03:54 PM)

Look folks, we had a GOLDEN opportunity to make a GRAND statement vs ncsu in March on the NATIONAL stage since we toasted them in 2000, but GUESS WHAT??!!We blew chunks the size of Iti’s ego in that one, so why are we surprised we’re gittin’ no respect on the wake board. SHEEESH!! Reality: check in to it, boys and girls.