[B]J Felt[/B]
[B]Cha_49[/B]
[B]Shaggy[/B]
[B]NewYorkNiner[/B]
[B]Over40[/B]
[B]Bust[/B]

[B]Maybes[/B]
[B] JFickett[/B]

color me signed up. pref. a triad area course.

Put a check beside my name! Im def in.

maybe for me. When we get a definitive location and time I’ll let you know.

The fall golf outing for the AD is usually in October. I think it was on the 13th this past year. I believe it’s around $125/person.

I think something like this should be done in addition to the AD outing and not in replace of it, since the AD outing does raise money and is a fairly affordable option for alums. Maybe the only thing to consider is the date, to make sure they are not scheduled too close together.

The 49er Club golf outing was April 20.

The 11th Annual Alumni Association Golf Classic will be on Monday, October 12…mark your calendars!

I’d love to! if I could play well.

I’m down! But only in Charlotte…

Id love to play but itd have to be August, after the bar exam.

Mark me down… pref in Charlotte

I volunteer to be the beer cart girl! Charlotte, pls.

I can do Charlotte on a weekend, as long as its not some ridiculous 6:30 AM teetime.

i’m down for a charlotte location

[QUOTE=Normmm;417984]The fall golf outing for the AD is usually in October. I think it was on the 13th this past year. I believe it’s around $125/person.

I think something like this should be done in addition to the AD outing and not in replace of it, since the AD outing does raise money and is a fairly affordable option for alums. Maybe the only thing to consider is the date, to make sure they are not scheduled too close together.[/QUOTE]

Just to add onto this…

The fall golf outing is technically the Alumni outing, not the Athletic Department outing, I beleive. Dubios, Lutz, Rose and other AD figures are always there, but I think it’s run by the Alumni Association, not the 49er Club. The entry is $125. It’s been played on Columbus day the past two years (nice for those of you that get the government holidays off) at Pine Island CC in Charlotte. It’s a nice course, it was bought by a Charlotte grad a few years back and the progress between the past two years was really obvious, it’s a very nice course. The $125 includes a light breakfast, lunch, free run of the beer cart and one significant item (the three i’ve played in have been Alumni polo shirts twice and a tailgating cooler last year). There are also prizes for top 3 and long drive/closest to pin (I believe the prizes are donated, so their quality varies from year-to-year, but it doesn’t matter because Lefty’s team always wins). Well worth $125, it’s a great time.

The 49er Club event is in the Spring and costs somewhere around $400-$500 to enter. I’ve heard great things, but I haven’t been able to attend yet.

I’d recommend all golfers on here play in the Alumni event in October. When it’s announced somebody will post the info here, you can sign up on the Alumni website and pay at the event.

I’m in the triangle, so I’m out for an NN.N event, but I’ll be at the Alumni event. You’ll have to look around to find a quality course willing to give you a few hour block of tee times (even harder for somebody willing to give you a shotgun start), but I’m sure it would be a fun event.

Also, I’m in if the weekend works out and it’s in the Charlotte area.

Something to consider would be to maybe play it at The Warrior or Crescent. The 2 courses are somewhat in between Charlotte and the Triad, and are fairly affordable.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;418025]I volunteer to be the beer cart girl! Charlotte, pls.[/QUOTE]

You realize that you’re supposed to not drink the beer yourself, right? :tongue:

Not that anyone of us would mind if you did!

You realize that you're supposed to not drink the beer yourself, right? :tongue:

Not that anyone of us would mind if you did!

Yes, duh. But I will drink some of it too. Just sayin’…my golf skills aren’t up to par with most 14 year olds. But I do have a cute pink bag with a Niner towel on it…but still, for the sake of the rest of the golfers, I figured I should stick to beer cart!

[QUOTE=squattie;418009]The 49er Club golf outing was April 20.

The 11th Annual Alumni Association Golf Classic will be on Monday, October 12…mark your calendars![/QUOTE]

On my birthday this year! I’m in!

I’m in… I’m good for Charlotte or the Triad, or even some place between the 2 areas.

So… I updated the list for people that said they were interested, I guess we’ll have it in August to give people enough time to block off the day, I was thinking Saturday morning, maybe starting at 8-8:30 then having lunch after? Anyone know when school starts, it would probably be better to have it before that or after? J Felt it looks like you and I are going to have to drive down to Charlotte.