NN v Gang Green??

Anyone else see two guys in Gang Green holding up signs saying
NINER NATION’? that was classic!!! the people behind them must have said to stop cause i only saw it once, but…

IT WAS THE GREATNESS!

I didn’t catch that one. Of course, I was down on the front row of GG, so I must have missed that one. We actually did have three guys join last night. Was it toward the middle/top of the section? If so, it was probably them.

You know what? Who cares if they held up signs? We are there for one thing and that is to support the team. Whether they be Gang Green or Niner Nation…we all have one mission during home games and that is to get as loud as we possibly can and support the team! GO NINERS!!

Exactly, Storm. I know it’s been said, but the one thing our student body needs is for all of our different groups to forget their groups, at least on gameday. I hear too much of the, “Well, I’m in (insert group), the BEST group! So, we don’t support those punks over in (insert other group).”

If anything last night, for the most part it wasn’t Niner Nation, Gang Green, or the Cheerleaders starting chants…it was people we could hear in the upper deck. If anything all the groups need to get on the same page cheer wise because I’m tired of one starting one thing then another doing something totally different. Come one everybody get on the same page!!

[i]Originally posted by SF4Nynah[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 04:07 PM [b] Exactly, Storm. I know it's been said, but the one thing our student body needs is for all of our different groups to forget their groups, at least on gameday. I hear too much of the, "Well, I'm in (insert group), the BEST group! So, we don't support those punks over in (insert other group)." [/b]
I don't hear any of that, either because I'm not listening or the people around me don't care about silly things like that.

Yeah, Storm, I hear you on starting chants. It’s just a little hard to all get on the same page, you know? A lot of times, I can’t even hear another group start something, so I will. A few seconds in, the first one gets louder, and I usually fall in. It gets tricky.

And yeah, Powerbait, I don’t hear much. But honestly, I’ve heard it from/about GG, NN, the frats, the band, everyone. I’m sure it’s just the fringe fans in each ones, though, and not the true dedicated ones. Like you said, the real fans just care about Niner basketball.