NNN Top 25 Men's Basketball Poll

This year I thought it would be cool if NNN had its own “Coaches Poll” style men’s basketball poll. Assembled before you is a committee comprised of some of Niner Nation’s best basketball minds. Charged with the task of unbiased voting, these eleven members shall submit their votes each week as we make our way through the season to see who are the NNN Men’s Basketball Top 25.

Committee Members:
HP49er
NLP
Chisox17
casstommy
UNCCTF
Brick Tamland, Weather
zerogeneticsdc1
49timesthelovin
ninerID
Over40Niner
run49er

We will use the same system as the AP Top 25 Poll. All voting will remain anonymous unless a member chooses to disclose their picks. Poll results should be posted every Monday, and official ranking will only start on Monday, November 19th due to several teams not having a single game before Monday 12th.

If the committee members want to, however, we will release a Semi-Preseason poll on the 12th which will include teams that have played no games. There may also be a feature where committee members write an article about their ‘team to watch’ or something, but this is still being worked out.

Hope you all enjoy!

How was this list comprised? I think you are missing two valuable “coaches” in Run and Survivor…

[QUOTE=ChevEE;267207]How was this list comprised? I think you are missing two valuable “coaches” in Run and Survivor…[/QUOTE]

Well, it would help if some of us would answer our PMs in a more timely manner! Oops!!! :ohmy:

GO NINERS!!!

You have to have Run & Survivor in that thing.

No love for the admins though? :unhappy:

(not that I could hold a candle to those guys)

This year I thought it would be cool if NNN had its own "Coaches Poll" style men's basketball poll. Assembled before you is a committee comprised of some of Niner Nation's best basketball minds. Charged with the task of unbiased voting, these ten members shall submit their votes each week as we make our way through the season to see who are the NNN Men's Basketball Top 25.

Committee Members:
HP49er
NLP
Chisox17
casstommy
UNCCTF
Brick Tamland, Weather
zerogeneticsdc1
49timesthelovin
ninerID
Over40Niner

We will use the same system as the AP Top 25 Poll. All voting will remain anonymous unless a member chooses to disclose their picks. Poll results should be posted every Monday, and official ranking will only start on Monday, November 15th due to several teams not having a single game before Monday 12th.

If the committee members want to, however, we will release a Semi-Preseason poll on the 12th which will include teams that have played no games. There may also be a feature where committee members write an article about their ‘team to watch’ or something, but this is still being worked out.

Hope you all enjoy!

No comment

How was this list comprised? I think you are missing two valuable "coaches" in Run and Survivor....

Boy, do I have everyone fooled. :lol:

I told bust that I think it’s a great idea, but I kind of opted to watch from the sidelines. I’d probably just ask Run if I could copy his selections, anyway. :shades:

Good idea, I knew 5 minutes are reading this thread the debate would be how those coaches got selected haha.

How was this list comprised?
I started out with just HP, run, and Lefty. Lefty declined and run49er took a little extra time getting back to me. From there I added NLP and a few more people I knew for certain would fit, and then I got their advice for most of the rest.

I did hit up MK but he didn’t respond. I wasn’t positive which of you were basketball gurus but I remembered he won the NCAA Pick’em tourney last year I think so I was going get his advice too.

I started out with just HP, run, and Lefty. Lefty declined and run49er took a little extra time getting back to me. From there I added NLP and a few more people I knew for certain would fit, and then I got their advice for most of the rest.

haha

This is sexist. Where’s a female on there?

Loving the college game more than anything you do realize every Monday/Tuesday this thread will turn into “The Poll Attacks” with me assuming the role of my man Gary Parrish, right? People better not take comments too harshly… fair warning.

Now that everyone has had a chance to play a few games, it is time to unveil the NNN Men’s Basketball Top 25.

NNN Top 25 Poll (11/19/07)

1. UCLA (3) …262
  2. North Carolina (4) …259
    T. Memphis (4) …259
  3. Kansas …246
  4. Georgetown …230
  5. Louisville …224
  6. Tennessee …203
  7. Indiana …185
  8. Washington St. …178
  9. Oregon …170
  10. Marquette …142
  11. Gonzaga …140
  12. Duke …122
  13. Texas …121
  14. Texas A&M …115
  15. Michigan St. …105
  16. Southern Illinois …94
  17. Pittsburgh …88
  18. Syracuse …72
  19. Villanova …57
  20. Kansas St. …52
  21. Butler …45
  22. Florida …35
  23. Arizona …29
  24. Stanford …18

Others receiving votes: Wisconsin 17, Arkansas 16, Clemson 15, Virginia 15, Davidson 11, Miami 9, Xavier 8, Oklahoma 6, Connecticut 5, Missouri 5, West Virginia 4, Notre Dame 4, Ohio State 3, Penn St. 2, Brigham Young 2, North Carolina St. 2.

Its amazing that the team with the fewest first place votes of the teams whom received first place votes, is the top team.

At least you got that right. UCLA is hands down the best team in the country. I cant believe any of you voted for Memphis or the Holes. It’s not close.

I can’t believe Stanford is still on that list, they will struggle without Brook Lopez like they did @ Siena.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;270361]At least you got that right. UCLA is hands down the best team in the country. I cant believe any of you voted for Memphis or the Holes. It’s not close.[/QUOTE]
Does that mean I can’t vote anymore?! :tongue:

I can't believe Stanford is still on that list, they will struggle without Brook Lopez like they did @ Siena.

Dont look at me, I didnt even consider them.

I hope none of your ballots was a bad as Duki(Cough) Loserville V’s ballot.

1 North Carolina
2 Memphis
3 Louisville — Is this serious?
4 UCLA
5 Georgetown
6 Kansas
7 Indiana
8 Tennessee
9 Oregon
10 Michigan St.
11 Marquette
12 Duke
13 Texas
14 Washington St.
15 Clemson ---- What?
16 Gonzaga
17 Pittsburgh
18 Virginia
19 Florida
20 Syracuse
21 Texas A&M
22 Kansas St.
23 Villanova
24 Arizona
25 S. Illinois — Ranked this low?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;270447]Dont look at me, I didnt even consider them.[/QUOTE]

Me neither.

BTW, UofL has lost Padgett to the same injury as King at GW.

And, yes, 25th is too low for SIU.