NNN Top 25 Men's Basketball Poll

This was my ballot as an FYI…

UCLA
Kansas
Memphis
North Carolina
Louisville (before I found out about Padgett’s injury)
Georgetown
Tennessee
Washington St
Oregon
Marquette
Indiana
Texas A&M
Gonzaga
Texas
Duke
Michigan St
Pittsburg
Southern Illinois
Butler
Syracuse
Florida
Arizona
Clemson
Villanova
Wisconsin

When did everyone turn in their votes? Just surprised to still see Stanford and Arizona in after losses (especially Stanford). If these were collected over the course of the weekend, its understandable, if not and all came in Monday morning… ‘somebody’s got some explainin’ to dooooooooo’…

When did everyone turn in their votes? Just surprised to still see Stanford and Arizona in after losses (especially Stanford). If these were collected over the course of the weekend, its understandable, if not and all came in Monday morning... 'somebody's got some explainin' to dooooooooo'...

I turned in my ballot Monday morning. I thought long and hard about putting Virginia in over Arizona, but I still feel like the Wildcats have a top 10 squad this year. Not having Lute has hurt them. And trying to instill the new Defence is gonna take time. The only other team I considered was NC State, who also lost this week.

I consulted with Rick Majerus on my list… :tongue: :rolleyes:

I turned in my ballot Monday morning. I thought long and hard about putting Virginia in over Arizona, but I still feel like the Wildcats have a top 10 squad this year. Not having Lute has hurt them. And trying to instill the new Defence is gonna take time. The only other team I considered was NC State, who also lost this week.

Understandable, I think they have the talent too. I think some people just see the Top 25as the top 25 of best teams, and the top 25 of best teams right now. I just generally look at rewarding the “who’s now.” I understand what you were thinking we just differ. Good move not including NC State and I don’t know if I would have put in UVA in over 'Zona regardless of their win over them.

[QUOTE=run49er;270466]I consulted with Rick Majerus on my list… :tongue: :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Dang where’s Temple then? I was hoping to see them at least top 15 :tongue:

If we would have beat Monmouth would the Niners made the others receiving votes section?

If we would have beat Monmouth would the Niners made the others receiving votes section?

If we had swept the Paradise Jam we would have been in my poll, but we didnt do that did we?

At least you got that right. UCLA is hands down the best team in the country. I cant believe any of you voted for Memphis or the Holes. It's not close.

Yeah, I put Memphis #1, I think they are unbelievably talented.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;270502]Yeah, I put Memphis #1, I think they are unbelievably talented.[/QUOTE]

I’ve got no argument for anyone who put Chapel Hill, Mempiss, or UCLA at #1. All those teams are incredibly talented and have won so far. I would have notched UCLA just above the other two, but that’s only because they have won their games pretty convincingly so far.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;270361]At least you got that right. UCLA is hands down the best team in the country. I cant believe any of you voted for Memphis or the Holes. It’s not close.[/QUOTE]
I had UCLA at Number 1 but flipped them and chapel hill at the last minute. I just felt a strong urgency to vote for the hometown team. :rolleyes:

I also had SIU at around 15 and it looks like I’m not the only one who had them that high.

Here is the top 25 that I submitted…

1 Memphis
2 UCLA
3 North Carolina
4 Georgetown
5 Kansas
6 Indiana
7 Tennessee
8 Louisville
9 Michigan State
10 Oregon
11 Marquette
12 Washington State
13 Gonzaga
14 Southern Illinois
15 Texas
16 Villanova
17 Syracuse
18 Xavier
19 Kansas State
20 Butler
21 Texas A&M
22 Pittsburgh
23 Duke
24 Florida
25 Davidson

I found week 1 tough, i know some games have been played, but not enough.

North Carolina
UCLA
Memphis
Kansas
Louisville
Georgetown
Indiana
Tennessee
Washington State
Marquette
Oregon
Duke
Kansas State
Texas A&M
Texas
Pittsburgh
Villanova
Gonzaga
Southern Illinois
Syracuse
Butler
Clemson
Florida
Ohio State
Virginia

I put Kasnsas State pretty high, probably too high, but I think Beasley can do some damage and in basketball one guy can do a lot, hopefully I am wrong.
Louisville was ranked obviously before i heard padgett got hurt.
I kept UNC at #1 just because I think they would beat UCLA, as much as I hate them, they are extremely talented.
Duke/Marquette will be interesting.

Chi, why did Xavier rank so well?

Chi, why did Xavier rank so well?

I probably do have them a few spots too high, but I still think they are top 25. I really think they are extremely taleneted, and the loss to Miami OH will prove to be a fluke.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;270663]I really think they are extremely taleneted, and the loss to Miami OH will prove to be a fluke.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Rivalry games don’t always go to the “best” team, though Miami U is one of the favorites in the MAC this season, so that may end up as a so-called “good” loss for the Musketeers when all is said and done.

Here is the top 25 that I submitted...

1 Memphis
2 UCLA
3 North Carolina
4 Georgetown
5 Kansas
6 Indiana
7 Tennessee
8 Louisville
9 Michigan State
10 Oregon
11 Marquette
12 Washington State
13 Gonzaga
14 Southern Illinois
15 Texas
16 Villanova
17 Syracuse
18 Xavier
19 Kansas State
20 Butler
21 Texas A&M
22 Pittsburgh
23 Duke
24 Florida
25 Davidson

You really think Duke is that low? Wow… From the few games I’ve watched, they’ve handled their business pretty well. I’ll hold on any further comments on anyone’s list. It’s just to early to get a grasp as I could see 8-20 being shuffled multiple ways.

Speaking of Duke, saw this thread on the A-10 Board… :rolleyes: :tongue:

Link: the duke circlejerk begins anew

Speaking of Duke, saw this thread on the A-10 Board... :rolleyes: :tongue:

Link: the duke circlejerk begins anew

Sorry, I think they’re good and better then last year, but not FF material. Like the one guy said, the convo about it was filler last night. I really do think there are 3 favorites, and another 17 that could crash the party legitimately. The convo over there is between just lovers and haters.

I have to disagree with the first guy, Illinois is not a crap team.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;270686]I have to disagree with the first guy, Illinois is not a crap team.[/QUOTE]
Yes, as a well known “sage” would remind us, “The average basketball fan just doesn’t know how good this Illini team is.” :rolleyes:

You really think Duke is that low? Wow...

Keep in mind, I made my picks before they handled Illinois. At the time, they seemed like a 20 t0 25 type team.

If they keep this up, I will have them a good bit higher next week.