NNN's University Logo Design Effort

[QUOTE=niner007;338966]I propose a NNN Logo build off in which everyone comes up with their own concepts and post them on the board. Then NNN votes on it. Logos / Marketing Pkg all together with a supporting campaign message. The winning concept then should be presented to the Alumni department and then to the University.

So we pay all this money for an outside firm to decide what our message should be? Aren’t we all professionals either in school or graduated from this University? Shouldn’t we have better judgment of what this University is about and where it needs to go then some outside firm?

I could grantee that the most faithful market segment giving funds to this university are us… NNN. Our voice should be heard once again… just as our football voice. In fact this might be a part of the agenda to pave the way for football. I myself don’t think it would be wise to start a football team under the UNCC or UNC Charlotte name.

I can do vector art but i’m not a sketch artist… post your concepts and I can deliver the logo…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=C49er;338968]I like this idea a lot. I’d love to see what people can come up with, and if we can evolve an idea into something that we like. I think we could do it.[/QUOTE]

I really like this idea. I’d love to see what folks can come up with.

If we get enough interest, I’ll try to sweeten the pot with some kind of prize for the best entry.

Post here if you wanna participate.

i like this idea, i would add one stipulation/rule, you cannot change the name of the school. I am an advocate for the name change, but i think this should go as if the name is still UNC Charlotte.

AWESOME idea, I am in!

Best bet would be to rename NNN to something original…too many sports organizations have “…nation” I think Niner Nation is way to generic.
How about coming up with a new name and logo???

[QUOTE=fotee9er;339007]Best bet would be to rename NNN to something original…too many sports organizations have “…nation” I think Niner Nation is way to generic.
How about coming up with a new name and logo???[/QUOTE]

To be clear, we are asking for folks to design a logo for the school, not for NNN.

I’m in.

What’s the deadline?

Any idea of what the RBG color is of the official green now?

R 0
G 112
B 60

C 100
M 0
Y 91
K 41

PMS 349.

Roll with it.

[QUOTE=J Felt;339025]R 0
G 112
B 60

C 100
M 0
Y 91
K 41

PMS 349.

Roll with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Also is there a specific font required, or do we have freedom with that?

Thanks.

Also is there a specific font required, or do we have freedom with that?

Wingdings.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;339027]Wingdings.[/QUOTE]

Haha one of the letters in Charlotte becomes a sideways 69 logo in wingdings.

Haha one of the letters in Charlotte becomes a sideways 69 logo in wingdings.

Yin and Yang?

I’m in!
Do we submit our entries in this thread?

3 minutes, used autocad and paint.

My submission, a recent design from another thread I did, tweaked to make it cleaner overall. Sorry bout the watermark, NNN wasn’t letting me attach it for some reason so I had to upload elsewhere.

my submission. Made it in less than a minute, based off of our current logo.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/2840033487_25b2386aec.jpg?v=0

For some reason, attachments wont work for me, and neither will directly linking to the pic so itll show in the thread. Just click on the link.

I like Central’s a lot. I just wonder though if the seal isn’t too intricate to be used as a logo. A logo should be able to stand alone and be recognizable. Resizing it to be smaller could make it difficult to view…

^ A LOT of schools use their logo. Also, ways to simplify it, like removing the lettering from the seal for black and white print, or smaller logos is something that could easily be done to make it a more complete logo. Its just a quick mockup.

[IMG]http://www.party49ers.com/photos/fullsize/274865.jpg[/IMG]

My submission, a recent design from another thread I did, tweaked to make it cleaner overall. Sorry bout the watermark, NNN wasn’t letting me attach it for some reason so I had to upload elsewhere.

I’d center the “North Carolina at”. It’s not balanced enough

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;339221]I’d center the “North Carolina at”. It’s not balanced enough[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I really like that design.