Nolan Smith - 2007

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=336990

He is the #5 ranked player overall in the class of 2007. Apparently he and Beasley might want to play college ball together. Wow, what a huge catch it would be for us to get these two studs!

So how’s this Dalonte guy working out as an assistant?

:smiley:

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Sep 30 2004, 07:43 AM [b] So how's this Dalonte guy working out as an assistant?

:smiley: [/b]

:thumbsup: Connections are key. BTW, Smith lives with Beasley. He’s receiving interest from Louisville and Duke.

We always talk about getting over the hump. If both of these guys suit up for us, we won’t be able to see the hump behind us.

[i]Originally posted by NovaNiner[/i]@Sep 30 2004, 09:38 AM [b] We always talk about getting over the hump. If both of these guys suit up for us, we won't be able to see the hump behind us. [/b]
If Withers and Iti stay all four years and then we get Cunningham, Clark, Beasley, Smith....we'll be in the elite class.

Biography from The Insiders;

[b]Biography: FR Son of Derek Smith of the NBA. Sports a size 18 sneaker as a freshman. Third-leading scorer on a good H.S. team as a frosh. MVP of the 15-and-under division of the 2003 Southern Invitational. One of the Top 5 players in his class. [/b]

Don’t forget about De’Angelo Alexander next year as well. Things are really looking up for the 49ers

This is a very interesting story that keeps developing and could bode well for us (or not) in the upcoming future.

As stated before, Nolan Smith is a teammate of Michael Beasley at Riverside Baptist HS in Upper Marlboro, MD. He is a 6’3 SG/PG and is ranked in the top 10 sophomores in the country, like Beasley. He is also the son of the former Louisville star and NBA player, Derek Smith.

Smith indicates that he and Beasley would love to play college ball together. While Beasley has already committed to Charlotte, Nolan Smith says Charlotte is one of four schools he’s considering. The others are Duke, Syracuse and Louisville. Right now he favors Louisville but could certainly change if Beasley does in fact end up at Charlotte, even for a short period of time.

Smith and Beasley led their Washington, D.C.-based AAU team to a 54-4 record and a handful of tournament titles last summer and have had similar success at Riverdale Baptist this winter. Smith says if Beasley doesn’t skip college for the NBA, he’d be tempted to bring that magic to the college level. Beasley has already publicly said if the opportunity arises, he’ll go straight to the NBA.

“Louisville is at the top of my list, but if Mike goes to college, I’d definitely put Charlotte on my list.”

A still-growing 6-foot-3, 185-pound shooting guard in the mode of Kobe Bryant, Smith is the nation’s No. 4-rated player in the Class of 2007 by SchoolSports.com.

Rivals article on Nolan Smith in 2004

reguardless of the various implications of that article… i like it. sign me up for the beasley+smith+goldwire show.

i bet they will be watching the game thursday night. It might have an impact. Just hope the nba puts in an age limit this year.

Beasley and Smith are brothers, nice.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Mar 1 2005, 07:29 PM [b] i bet they will be watching the game thursday night. It might have an impact. Just hope the nba puts in an age limit this year. [/b]
How right you are!! NinerReport has an article on Beasley and says he and Smith will be watching the game togteher. It's a good read. Have to be a member, though.[url=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=394156]Link[/url]

Nolan Smith, Summer 2004

New article from Rivals.com. I also see that they updated his profile based on his comments:

Louisville - high
Charlotte - medium
Duke - medium

April 16, 2005 - Smith close to a commitment?

May 10th article from Rivals.com main site, ie. no home cooking from JJ on this one :smiley:

Rivals.com: Is Smith really ready to decide?

Decision on hold: Smith said Louisville is still in the drivers seat. Syracuse and Charlotte are also in the picture.

He and Mike B tore it up at the Southern Invitational AAU tournament. :thumbsup:

05/28/05

Louisville still leads and he also mentions Charlotte, North Carolina, and Syracuse. Louisville is the only to offer so far.

seriously, why have we not offered?

[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@May 28 2005, 09:00 PM [b] seriously, why have we not offered? [/b]
ya that makes no sense to me. oh well.
[b][b]Future Louisville Cardinal[/b] Nolan Smith has lost some weight or grown into those long legs and big feet. The 6-foot-5 combo guard is displaying his improved handle, which he uses well off the rebound, and is leading out on the break more than last year. He knocked down 12 with four boards and five assists early Thursday.[/b]

no good :frowning:

moss how sure are you that this is a commitment or not? and if he goes to louisville will beasley follow?