Non-Believers??

Who on here didnā€™t believe in the SI Cover Jinx?? Pretty devastating what it has done to us and Eddie in one week.

I think I need to go get my lucky mid-season underwear out of the trash.

It was all my fault for getting my hair trim. I should have left it alone. :frowning:

The only belief I still have, in the world of sports, is that Memphis Tiger fans are idiots. The Charlotte 49ers may never win another game, in any sport, ever again. But Iā€™ll still be happy that at least Iā€™m not a Memphis Tiger fan (or worse yet, an alum).

Every thing else related to the world of sports is highly suspect right now.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Mar 5 2005, 10:37 PM [b] The only belief I still have, in the world of sports, is that Memphis Tiger fans are idiots....

Every thing else related to the world of sports is highly suspect right now. [/b]

Wrasslinā€™ is real.

. . . and Calamari is a sqqquid. :lol:

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Mar 5 2005, 10:41 PM [b] Wrasslin' is real. [/b]
Ok..........and your name is really Blackjack Mulligan.

:slight_smile:

Here is an interesting story:

I wore two green shirts to the Cinci game at Halton for no reason at all, and my friend showed up in a red shirt and suddenly realized (in the way that all 49ers fans eventually do) ā€œOh no! Cinciā€™s colors are red and I should have worn green! What will I do!ā€. So I gave him one of my green shirts to cover his red shirt and we wnet on to win the game. I got that shirt back from him and wore it during every game in Feburary, home or away games. Thursday however, I got to Picassoā€™s about an hour and a half before the Louisville game and sat down to enjoy some of their awesome wings and started to talk to my friend Jane who was just telling me she forgot to wear her green socks she always wears during games. I said ā€œWeā€™ll be alright, I donā€™t believe in that sort of thing anywaysā€ (me in my lucky green shirt saying thisā€¦) so I get up from my seat because some of my friends had just arrived, and the back of my shirt snags on the railing behind my seat, tearing a small hole in the shirt. Jane then says ā€œThat was a bad omenā€ and then 3 days later Charlotte has 2 more losses. Hmā€¦ sometimes you wonder about this luck thingā€¦

Being on the cover of SI sure didnā€™t seem to bother Dee Brown against Purdue the other night, and he had his picture front and center.

From the Yahoo Sports article:

[b]Brown scored a career-high 27 points and tied the school record with eight 3-pointers...

ā€œMy teammates screened for me. We had good ball movement,ā€˜ā€™ Brown said. ``Once I came off the screens, the rim just looked so (big) and I just continued to follow through and they went in.ā€

Brown was 8-of-10 from 3-point range and 9-of-12 from the field overall.

He missed his first shot of the night, but was unstoppable after that.

Brown hit two straight 3s as the Illini opened a 9-4 lead. Two more 3s in a row, gave the Illini a 32-16 lead and two more at the end of the first half made it 50-26.
[/b]

Dee Brown and his team just lost to Ohio Stateā€¦

If Chapel Hill loses today, the SI curse is real

[i]Originally posted by BofANiner[/i]@Mar 6 2005, 02:21 PM [b] Dee Brown and his team just lost to Ohio State..... [/b]
65-64, the jock straps just get too tight winning so many consecutive games.

Iā€™m very superstitious over win streaks, always have been. I canā€™t figure out what Iā€™ve done differently, baller bands, green clothing, etc. After a loss I wonā€™t wear the same clothes to another game that season.

Kentucky goes down!!!

So. Illinois lost to SMS??? This is wierdā€¦