Not such a bad loss after all...

I know it hurts any time you lose to a big/cross-town rival, but with Davidson reeling off 12 wins in a row and looking primed to make a push for the NCAAs this loss porbably does not hurt as bad as say the N. Tex. loss. How did Lutz not get S. Curry on campus? Do you think Curry could be putting up the same numbers in the A-10?

He went for 32 against UofM, 27 against Ill-Chic, and 24 against UNC-G. He will turn out to be one of the better players to come out of Charlotte’s 06’ prep class. He is playing better than both Ish Smith and Jamie Skeen at Wake and he has surely out played C. Dewhurst.

I hope the niners can play to at least an NIT birth, post-season in an off year would not be bad.

Don’t know if anyone else was at the MLK Scholastic tourney in Greensboro this past monday…I was,along with Skip Prosser and Billy Donovan.Saw Seth Curry,jr. at Char. Christian.Looks like he and his backcourt mate,Pitts I think his name was,are real players…Curry can shoot lights out,just like rest of family.Maybe Lutz&co. should have had someone here so we can stop getting stiffs like Phaler,J. Lewis,Dewhurst(i’m afraid) and put those precious scholarships to good use.

yup.

I know it hurts any time you lose to a big/cross-town rival, but with Davidson reeling off 12 wins in a row and looking primed to make a push for the NCAAs this loss porbably does not hurt as bad as say the N. Tex. loss. How did Lutz not get S. Curry on campus? Do you think Curry could be putting up the same numbers in the A-10?

He went for 32 against UofM, 27 against Ill-Chic, and 24 against UNC-G. He will turn out to be one of the better players to come out of Charlotte’s 06’ prep class. He is playing better than both Ish Smith and Jamie Skeen at Wake and he has surely out played C. Dewhurst.

I hope the niners can play to at least an NIT birth, post-season in an off year would not be bad.

Point taken but I don’t think it was simply losing to Davidson which resulted in so much fallout from the fans. It was getting blown out by a cross-town rival after most fans were still down on the team after a few previous losses. Not to mention, historically, we own Davidson so it was just a tough pill to swallow on many levels.

I hope they do well, regardless of our success or lack thereof. I can’t stand a lot of their fans but I respect McKillop a great deal.

[QUOTE=lucky57;211329]Don’t know if anyone else was at the MLK Scholastic tourney in Greensboro this past monday…I was,along with Skip Prosser and Billy Donovan.[/QUOTE]
They were there to see Oak Hill demolish High Point Central, 108-74, shooting 61% for the game (44 of 72).

[QUOTE=unccjayhawk;211326]I know it hurts any time you lose to a big/cross-town rival, but with Davidson reeling off 12 wins in a row and looking primed to make a push for the NCAAs this loss porbably does not hurt as bad as say the N. Tex. loss. How did Lutz not get S. Curry on campus? Do you think Curry could be putting up the same numbers in the A-10?

I hope the niners can play to at least an NIT birth, post-season in an off year would not be bad.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Davidson is performing decent this year. Stephen Curry is shooting well. As I recall he also leads the NCAA in TO’s. I can’t confirm that though. Either way, like all of the responses here, the purpose of a rivalry and a long running series is not to bow out and accept a beating to that caliber. We lost. And we lost bad. There is no excuse. And your final sentence shows a disappointing amount of apathy.

Anytime you lose by almost 30 to a rival that by all accounts you have no business losing to it’s a bad loss. No disrespect to Davidson but Greg Doyel was even on during halftime saying Charlotte had no business losing. Curry didn’t even kill us, we killed ourselves and that’s why I think you saw the fall out you saw here.

Congrats to Davidson on their season and best of luck to them, I echo JCL’s comments about McKillop (and most of their fans).

why are we dissing Dewhurst? He has been hurt. I think he may have played scrub minutes in 4 games.

Give the kid a break.

[QUOTE=ninerID;211347]why are we dissing Dewhurst? He has been hurt. I think he may have played scrub minutes in 4 games.

Give the kid a break.[/QUOTE]
I agree. He is a hard worker when he’s in. We don’t know his true impact beacuse Lutz was still relying on his veterans and Carlos when Dewhurst was healthy. He wants to play, but I’d like to see him get 4 full years to play. Either way, Dewhurst hasn’t been given the chance to prove himself.

[QUOTE=ninerID;211347]why are we dissing Dewhurst? He has been hurt. I think he may have played scrub minutes in 4 games.

Quote for truth.

I think Dewhurst plays the small forward position like it should be played.

Am I the only one perplexed as to why this thread just started today?

I mean…wasn’t the Davidson game well over a month ago?!!

Get over it…why bring it up now?

I guess he is looking over their play thus far. But yeah, that wound had started to scab over. No need to open it back up.

Call me crazy, but I think I know just why our friend here is rehashing old wounds. I noticed his name was uncc[B]jayhawk[/B] and it got me to thinking. Maybe, just maybe, this is our old friend KSU Wildcats Suck and he is using a clever disguise to pose as one of us who is also somehow a jayhawks fan but really is just trying to sabotage us from the inside. I mean, he is a KSU person, there’s no way he would be calling himself a jayhawk… or atleast thats just what he wants you to think. Well the jig is up, Mr. Suck! The wildcat’s out of the bag.

CheeVee is right, w/ the Davidson vs. App St. game being played this weekend, getting the boards opinion of Davidson’s early season success was my intention. App. is playing good ball as well, w/ the addition of D. Minter at semester break, the Mountaineers look like they will reach some sort of post season for the first time since 2000s NCAA tourney.

I think that slowley mid-major state programs are going to creep up on the Niners. I know this is a down year, but after last years let down, I don’t see Charlotte making another run like the Lutz & Co. made in the early 2000s.

Tonight’s game is huge, Dayton is going to make a push for the A-10’s only NCAA and if Charlotte goes to 1-3 in league play, an NIT berth is more than likely out of the question.

I jumped off the ship for this season turning out to be something good a long time ago. However, I think this ship can be turned around.

Next year will need to be a better than advertised recruiting class, and I think it can be. Gaby can be a suprise. Wilderness, I believe is VERY underrated, and has an extra year experience that a lot of freshmen dont have. Whitehurst will be able to fill some voids. Gerrity will fill the hole of PG spot.

THEN add dewhurst and Phil Jones, a two top 150 rivals guys, with one year of learning the system, returning as FRESHMEN.

If we add one more guy in the 6’8-7’0 range we will be solid.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;211337]Stephen Curry is shooting well. As I recall he also leads the NCAA in TO’s. I can’t confirm that though. [/QUOTE]

He has 54 turnovers, tops on his team by one. Gavin Grant of N.C. State has 85 turnovers this year. Greg Paulus and Ish Smith also have 53 each.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;211367]He has 54 turnovers, tops on his team by one. Gavin Grant of N.C. State has 85 turnovers this year. Greg Paulus and Ish Smith also have 53 each.[/QUOTE]
That is correct Mike. I knew it was towards the top. I had heard someone say he lead.

He has 54 turnovers, tops on his team by one. Gavin Grant of N.C. State has 85 turnovers this year. Greg Paulus and Ish Smith also have 53 each.

85???

God dang,

That will get a coach fired quick.

Curry is the second leading freshman scorer (19.9ppg) behind the future #1 overall draft pick Kevin Durrant. I would say that is a good start to what is sure to be a productive 4 year college career w/, I will guess 2 NCAA appearances.

Would any of you trade Curry for Carlos? I would venture to say that Curry’s 4 year career will be a tad better than Williams’ 2 year stint. I know the debate is always, 2 year Juco players vs. 4 year players. This is a prime example where having Curry for 4 years would have been much better than having C. Williams for two years.

Charlotte needs to focus on nailing down at least a player or two from the next two HS classes coming out of Charlotte. Enough of going to OK, MO, or KS to recuirt a no name Juco people in your own city have not heard of. In the past Charlotte has made a living on getting the better (not best, see J. Mcinnis and J. Gary) talent coming out of the city ie. Curt, Jobey and EJ.

I figured i’d get some feedback on this issue,and I totally understand it. Dewhurst has not played a lot,and the point can definitely be made that its way too early to tell.I just made the post based upon my seeing him a few times and my instincts.I could be totally wrong,I admit…but I still feel that he in no way has the look of a gamebreaker,just an ok kid with no special skills.Maybe thats the kind of players Lutz is getting these days,i’m just finding it hard to get excited about next year already.In our position,you can’t afford to have an off year in recruiting…let alone 2…