Observer Anit-Football articles and cartoons

They donā€™t mean ****. They have certainly fired up the board with over 250 posts between them, but the reality is they have absolutely no impact on whether we are going to get football or not.

Let Phil do his thing with the BOT tommorrow and await the final announcement in Sept. Everything will work itself out, keep the faith people at least until you have a REAL reason to lose the faithā€¦

They don't mean ****. They have certainly fired up the board with over 250 posts between them, but the reality is they have absolutely no impact on whether we are going to get football or not.

Let Phil do his thing with the BOT tommorrow and await the final announcement in Sept. Everything will work itself out, keep the faith people at least until you have a REAL reason to lose the faithā€¦

People still have faith; we all just feel incredibly insulted.

Yes the O articles have no effect what so ever on what is happening. Letā€™s see what happens tommorow and ignore a tanking news paperā€¦

Weā€™re all keeping the faith. But the the Observerā€™s constant Niner bashing makes it tough to pick up support from the City of Charlotte (meaning the people in the city and metro area). The Observer is constantly creating a negative perception of us.

Yes. If you think that these articles and cartoons ā€œDonā€™t mean ****ā€ then youā€™re an idiot. When we are trying to raise every penny we can for this, what members of the community are going to donate to something so negatively viewed by our local media? If this unfair and negative portrayal of our University in the media is not stopped, we can kiss any type of corporate or community funding goodbye. So donā€™t tell me it doesnā€™t mean anything.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;323336]If this unfair and negative portrayal of our University in the media is not stopped, we can kiss any type of corporate or community funding goodbye. So donā€™t tell me it doesnā€™t mean anything.[/QUOTE]
[B]QFT[/B]

Mark Washburn is a pathetic columnist, who should have stuck to writing TV reviews, or serving french fries at McDā€™s. Since he got his own opinion column (who made THAT brilliant decision?) he thinks heā€™s the political expert lecturing all the unenlightened peons out there, and now he writes this diatribe about 9er football. What a piece of crap!

[QUOTE=77grad;323419]Mark Washburn is a pathetic columnist, who should have stuck to writing TV reviews, or serving french fries at McDā€™s. Since he got his own opinion column [B](who made THAT brilliant decision?) [/B]he thinks heā€™s the political expert lecturing all the unenlightened peons out there, and now he writes this diatribe about 9er football. What a piece of crap![/QUOTE]

I like to meet the moron, too.:tongue:

I do not address this post so much to the people of Charlotte as to the Charlotte Observer staff, whoever they may be, for if it is their intention to promote Chapel Hill, it is proper they should know beforehand, that the University of Charlotte have as much honor as bravery; and that we are no more to be seduced from our allegiance.

On our part, in order to know, at any time, what the Observer staff will do, we have only to find out what they ought not to do, and this last will be their conduct. Forever changing and forever wrong; too regional from Charlotte to improve in circumstances, and too unwise to foresee them; scheming without principle, and executing without probability, their whole line of management has hitherto been blunder and baseness. Every campaign has added to their loss, and every year to their disgrace; till unable to go on, and ashamed to go back, their subscriptions have come to a halt, and all their fine prospects to a halter.

Could our affections forgive, or humanity forget the wounds of an injured university- we might, under the influence of a momentary oblivion, stand still and laugh. But they are engraven where no amusement can conceal them, and of a kind for which there is no recompense. Can ye restore to us the beloved dead? Can ye say to the grave, give up the murdered? Can ye obliterate from our memories those who are no more? Think not then to tamper with our feelings by an insidious contrivance, nor suffocate our humanity by seducing us to dishonor.

[QUOTE=Thomas Paine;323432]I do not address this post so much to the people of Charlotte as to the Charlotte Observer staff, whoever they may be, for if it is their intention to promote Chapel Hill, it is proper they should know beforehand, that the University of Charlotte have as much honor as bravery; and that we are no more to be seduced from our allegiance.

On our part, in order to know, at any time, what the Observer staff will do, we have only to find out what they ought not to do, and this last will be their conduct. Forever changing and forever wrong; too regional from Charlotte to improve in circumstances, and too unwise to foresee them; scheming without principle, and executing without probability, their whole line of management has hitherto been blunder and baseness. Every campaign has added to their loss, and every year to their disgrace; till unable to go on, and ashamed to go back, their subscriptions have come to a halt, and all their fine prospects to a halter.

Could our affections forgive, or humanity forget the wounds of an injured university- we might, under the influence of a momentary oblivion, stand still and laugh. But they are engraven where no amusement can conceal them, and of a kind for which there is no recompense. Can ye restore to us the beloved dead? Can ye say to the grave, give up the murdered? Can ye obliterate from our memories those who are no more? Think not then to tamper with our feelings by an insidious contrivance, nor suffocate our humanity by seducing us to dishonor.[/QUOTE]

A true genious.

I do not address this post so much to the people of Charlotte as to the Charlotte Observer staff, whoever they may be, for if it is their intention to promote Chapel Hill, it is proper they should know beforehand, that the University of Charlotte have as much honor as bravery; and that we are no more to be seduced from our allegiance.

Could our affections forgive, or humanity forget the wounds of an injured university- we might, under the influence of a momentary oblivion, stand still and laugh. But they are engraven where no amusement can conceal them, and of a kind for which there is no recompense. Can ye restore to us the beloved dead? Can ye say to the grave, give up the murdered? Can ye obliterate from our memories those who are no more? Think not then to tamper with our feelings by an insidious contrivance, nor suffocate our humanity by seducing us to dishonor.

as a history major and relatively new poster on this board, seeing this made my week. so fu*king awesome.

Thank you Mr. Paine, the NNN voice of reason.

you knowā€¦I was just thinkinā€™ the same thing.:wink:

seriouslyā€¦I would love to know who is behind this sockā€¦cause they are ****ing awesome. That stuff is way to good to be confined to a message board!

what ifā€¦TP was CHP? :lmao:

[QUOTE=metro;323446]what ifā€¦TP was CHP? :lmao:[/QUOTE]

That would make CHP certifiably insane. He would have enough socks to have his own puppet show.

Left hand: Iā€™m going to write an editorial in the Observer
Right hand: Oh no you donā€™t! Iā€™ll criticize that editorial!
Left hand: Not if I bite your head!
(CHPā€™s hands attack each other)

[QUOTE=jfickett;323435]as a history major and relatively new poster on this board, seeing this made my week. so fu*king awesome.[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showpost.php?p=217443&postcount=41]Previous thoughts on these issues[/URL]

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showpost.php?p=217443&postcount=41]Previous thoughts on these issues[/URL]

i didnt click on that cause iā€™m assuming where it goes. but what i meant was the voice in which his post was written, not so much the content. although, to most, i can see why the points he makes are valid and cause for concern for the niner community. its just more fun to be ignorant nowā€¦being that i am no longer taken seriously anymore anyways.

[QUOTE=jfickett;323524]i didnt click on that cause iā€™m [B]assuming[/B] where it goes.[/QUOTE]

ASS-U-ME

Itā€™s Thomas Paine, again. One of my favorites. I have been a fan since the first day he graced us with his presence.

They don't mean ****. They have certainly fired up the board with over 250 posts between them, but the reality is they have absolutely no impact on whether we are going to get football or not.

You still singing that tune?