Observer Anit-Football articles and cartoons

i didnt click on that cause i'm assuming where it goes. but what i meant was the voice in which his post was written, not so much the content. although, to most, i can see why the points he makes are valid and cause for concern for the niner community. its just more fun to be ignorant now...being that i am no longer taken seriously anymore anyways.
[IMG]http://www.pete-online.us/cjimages/Drama%20Queen.bmp[/IMG]

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;323533]You still singing that tune?[/QUOTE]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=3]Thereā€™ll be a Carolina Victory
When cross the field the foe has fled
Cheer the team to Victory
For we are Tar Heels Born and Bred (Rah! Rah! Rah!)
Glory Glory U.N.C.
Our hearts will live with thee
Fight! Fight! Fight the Blue and White are
Rolling to Victory[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue][SIZE=3]There'll be a Carolina Victory[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2] [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]When cross the field the foe has fled[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Cheer the team to Victory[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]For we are Tar Heels Born and Bred (Rah! Rah! Rah!)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Glory Glory U.N.C.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Our hearts will live with thee[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Fight! Fight! Fight the Blue and White are[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Rolling to Victory[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE]

Blue text and everythingā€¦ nothing I canā€™t stand more. Just had a baby boy, is it a bad thing to just severely be disgusted by all the baby blue gifts I get consistently?

i didnt click on that cause i'm assuming where it goes. but what i meant was the voice in which his post was written, not so much the content. although, to most, i can see why the points he makes are valid and cause for concern for the niner community. its just more fun to be ignorant now...being that i am no longer taken seriously anymore anyways.

ignorance is bliss dudeā€¦ thatā€™ll work in college, but not for very long.

[QUOTE=somosdel;323321]Yes the O articles have no effect what so ever on what is happening. Letā€™s see what happens tommorow and ignore a tanking news paperā€¦[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow will be better. Trust me. :biggrin:

i didnt click on that
Here's my advice. [b]CLICK ON IT[/B]
[IMG]http://www.pete-online.us/cjimages/Drama%20Queen.bmp[/IMG]

this made my night. can i make this my avatar?

[QUOTE=jfickett;323579]this made my night. can i make this my avatar?[/QUOTE]

if you donā€™t

celtics will lose the series

what now?

Well, the Observerā€™s great editorial staff did it again, with another unsigned editorial telling everyone that the time is ā€œnot rightā€ for UNC Charlotte football and they write as if Dubois already knows this!!! I swear its good they donā€™t sign these because if they did, I might have to pay them a visit! These people are in serious need of a bitch-slap!!

Just proving they donā€™t give a flying **** about the issues that matter at the University.

Well, the Observer's great editorial staff did it again, [U][B]with another unsigned editorial[/B][/U] telling everyone that the time is "not right" for UNC Charlotte football and they write as if Dubois already knows this!!! I swear its good they don't sign these because if they did, I might have to pay them a visit! These people are in serious need of a bitch-slap!!

[SIZE=7]MARY SCHULKEN[/SIZE]

Well, the Observer's great editorial staff did it again, with another unsigned editorial telling everyone that the time is "not right" for UNC Charlotte football and they write as if Dubois already knows this!!!

Link?

http://www.charlotte.com/opinion/story/658038.html

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/opinion/story/658038.html[/URL]

Well, I disagree, but atleast they didnā€™t just talk **** and make lame jokes about us this time.

After Sorensens pro-football Observer article I shot off an email to Washburn to which he responded.

My email:

[SIZE=-0] [FONT=Courier] [FONT=Courier] [FONT=Courier] [FONT=Times New Roman] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Your article accomplishes little except to state the obvious and position yourself in the fairly popular, ivory tower-elitist-uninformed camp. No big picture or suggestion that maybe, just maybe there is positive economic, cultural, etc. synergy with football especially with a very fast growing school thatā€™s also pretty doggone big. UNCCs academic stuff will take care of itself and for folks to suggest that football will detract from that mission is, in my opinion, totally bogus and irresponsible. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I just have one question for you Mr. Washburn and youā€™ll never hear from me again: What school did you attend/graduate from? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]And finally, thanks Mr. Sorensen for the very reasonable treatment on this topic. Why donā€™t you two put down a substantial bet on whether or not UNCC gets football. Tom, Iā€™ll cover your side of the wager. Thanks. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/SIZE]
His response. Note he didnā€™t answer my only question about where he went to school. Does the man have a degree? Got to love his lower case, D&D style wonder where the g.d. hearts are above the iā€™s:
[LEFT][FONT=Courier New]thanks for your note. first time iā€™ve ever been lumped with ivory tower crowd. [/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New]iā€™m sure, as you say, there is positive cultural synergy as well as other benefits to adding football. but there is also a mind-bending cost of $50 million-plus to do it minimally and probably $80-million plus to do it right. personally, iā€™d be thrilled to see uncc pull it off. i donā€™t see it happening.[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New]but, prove me wrong. round up your millionaire alums and test their passion. if they put $20 before fall, the trustees would be crazy to walk away from it.[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New]allbest[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New]washburn[/FONT][/LEFT]

The point of this post is that we have to hit back each and every time something like Washburnā€™s b.s. is published. Whether or not thereā€™s a near-term benefit, the spark has to stay hot and the energy has to remain high. Itā€™s kind of funny, the whole deal of a food critic weighing in on UNCC football. Almost like the whole thing was staged.

His response............ [FONT=Courier New]round up your millionaire alums[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]allbest[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]washburn [/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Courier New]It sounds like he only wants us soliciting money from our alums. That seems to be the standard method of attack from quite a few chapel hill grads.[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT]It's kind of funny, the whole deal of a food critic weighing in on UNCC football. Almost like the whole thing was staged.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Yep[/LEFT]

dorm 72-

I asked him what his alma mater is and so did another poster

ā€¦and he answered none of the emails

what an asshole

clt says that washburn is from west virginia but he isnt sure where he went to universityā€¦or if he even did.

Did he use the word synergy? What a joke, making a declatory statement like we couldnā€™t possibly raise 50 million. Why is this town so desperate to bury the university that bears its name, I know iā€™ve mentioned this before but I have never been anything short of amazed at how many people seem to want us to ā€œknow our roleā€ everytime we try to improve, academically (law school or med school) or athletically (football).

I would take anything Mark Washburn says in regards to us or sports with a grain of salt considering his primary responsibility for the Observer is reporting on TV shows. Heā€™s just fanning the flames and is probably enjoying the e-mails yā€™all are sending him.

Take a look at his latest article, new summer TV shows.

http://www.charlotte.com/493/story/657573.html