Observer article on the visit by Friday & Spangler

[SIZE=2][URL=http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/504244.html][B][U]Football at UNCC? 2 N.C. educators say no[/U][/B][/URL], Charlotte Observer

Be sure to vote in the Observer poll… [URL=http://forums.charlotte.com/kr-Clt49ers/messages?msg=493.1][B][U]Should UNC Charlotte launch a football program?[/U][/B][/URL][/SIZE]

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/504244.html][B][U]Football at UNCC? 2 N.C. educators say no[/U][/B][/URL], Charlotte Observer

Be sure to vote in the Observer poll… Should UNC Charlotte launch a football program?

if you ask me, David Scott really butchered what took place. No mention of the flag football comments, the playing on Sundays, the groans in the crowd at the UNC-ST comment, etc. The vibe on tape and on video was much more that these two came across as antiquated instead of wise.

btw, the “Comments” section after the article is far more positive than I thought.

Two of North Carolina's most respected educators came to UNC Charlotte on Thursday with a frank assessment of the school's hopes of starting a football program.

They don’t think it’s a good idea.

Talk about trying to influence the public’s opinion. And why were all the underhanded and ridiculously negative statements omitted from this piece of journalism? And why did Scott write this instead of Utter? Is someone afraid Jim will expose too much of the truth?

[QUOTE=metro;298087]if you ask me, [B]David Scott really butchered what took place[/B]. No mention of the flag football comments, the playing on Sundays, the groans in the crowd at the UNC-ST comment, etc. The vibe on tape and on video was much more that these two came across as antiquated instead of wise.

btw, the “Comments” section after the article is far more positive than I thought.[/QUOTE]

It sounds more like an intentional foul if it was basketball to me. Let me guess . . . another fine one from a blue fairy.:tongue:

I can’t believe these two would come in here pitching that crap. Would hurt our position??!?! They want to keep us where we are. Glad to hear the faculty take offense to it.

“This is the future of this campus that we’re talking about.”

This statement gets to me the most. This piece of **** acts as if he cares about us at all. I have a message for both of these guys that if I got the chance, I would most definately say to there face with all do respect. Please, do the world a favor, and go retire to Florida with the rest of the washed up seniors.

We need to stop preaching to the choir. 2 things must be done.

1. Send CHP an e-mail asking why those 2 individuals really showed up.

2. Send the newspaper an e-mail asking why the article is so slanted and why it omitted some of the statements that would expose the true feelings of those 2.

We need to stop preaching to the choir. 2 things must be done.
  1. Send CHP an e-mail asking why those 2 individuals really showed up.

2. Send the newspaper an e-mail asking why the article is so slanted and why it omitted some of the statements that would expose the true feelings of those 2.

Or #3, does anyone have access to Friday’s and Spangler’s emails?

I know people have said it’s a smaller school but why isn’t the UNCP situation brought up in any of this?? Doesn’t make sense.

[QUOTE=EE9er;298194]I know people have said it’s a smaller school but why isn’t the UNCP situation brought up in any of this?? Doesn’t make sense.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, but I would have loved to hear it from their mouths that UNCP is small and insignificant…

This is a response passed to me from a chapel hill alum…

[QUOTE][COLOR=purple][FONT=‘Franklin Gothic Medium’][COLOR=blue]No explanation needed…even if I had no background on the issue at hand. The comments speak for themselves. And these two ‘douche bags’ (I like the term douche bags…it fits)[/COLOR] [SIZE=2][COLOR=black]*(I Called them douchebags originally)[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR=blue]actually once headed up one of the most prestigious public university systems in the nation! Hard to believe! I hope these guys wield no power to stop the Charlotte football program. If so, it’s power poorly bestowed. Time for both these old bastards to be put out to pasture.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

:lmao:

There are times I wish I was still in Charlotte.

I would like to have been there to be the kid getting tazered by the police.

I think the next time they have something like this, I’m taking off work and driving down to Charlotte to really let it out in a public forum.

DON’T TAZE ME DUDE!

Maybe if there was a Fox News & News 14 covered protest outside of the National Gypsum building that cost that billionaire Spangler some bad press, then we’d get the bastard’s attention.
Who wants to schedule a protest?
Does anyone have any dirt on gypsum? Is it bad for the environment?

[QUOTE=EE9er;298271]DON’T TAZE ME BRO![/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Mike, will the Observer ever print the idiotic statements made by those 2 yesterday?