Observer city-edition story

Jena’s writethru story

“We’ve just got to forget about all those rankings and stuff now,” said Lutz. “We don’t have to worry about that the rest of the year. We won’t be ranked unless we win like 20 in a row. We’ll just worry about Valpo.”

^ Iti looks scary. :scared:

[i]Originally posted by Bobby Lutz[/i] [b]We won't be ranked unless we win like 20 in a row.[/b]

Now that’s some unfettered frustration. then again, I’d almost say he’s relieved. I don’t think he likes dealing with that particular monkey.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:15 PM [b] [url=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/10251176.htm]Jena's writethru story[/url]

“We’ve just got to forget about all those rankings and stuff now,” said Lutz. “We don’t have to worry about that the rest of the year. We won’t be ranked unless we win like 20 in a row. We’ll just worry about Valpo.” [/b]

Definitely made those comments out of frustration. If we get to 5-1, we’ll be ranked BUT Lutz is right. Just need to take them one at a time, execute and WIN.

Btw, Mitch said the players really weren’t too aware of all of the ranking stuff until Coach told them…before the LBSU game.

[b]We don't have to worry about that the rest of the year. We won't be ranked unless we win like 20 in a row. We'll just worry about Valpo.[/b]

Very surprised to hear Lutz say that but glad he said it. Too often after we lose Bobby seems to be relaxed and carefree sometimes. I am glad to see him fired up. Of course I don’t think he really believes that and I know most of us don’t. A win over Valpo and Alabama and we will be fire. If we can get to conference play with only two losses I will be happy and call that a success.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:34 PM [b] If we can get to conference play with only two losses I will be happy and call that a success. [/b]
Yep, I would agree. I think it is possible.

I’m just sick & tired of having the team put this kind of pressure on the games in December.

I guess its time to get ready for Valpo and their leading scorer in the Cinti game…Opie Taylor, err…ah, I mean Ron Howard.