Observer Midnight Madness preview

Observer: 10 questions to answer: Will this be the year the 49ers go deep?

Ron Green Jr. answers that question

Carolinas Events

CLEMSON: 11:15 p.m. Corner of North Clemson and College avenues in Clemson, S.C. Free; held outdoors

CHARLOTTE: 10:45 p.m. Halton Arena. Free; contests, scrimmages (men and women); autograph session, 10-10:45

CHARLESTON SOUTHERN: 10 p.m. CSU Fieldhouse. Free; contests, band, scrimmages (men and women)

NORTH CAROLINA: 10:30 p.m. Smith Center, Chapel Hill. Free (parking, $5); ESPN’s Stuart Scott hosts skits, contests, teams’ first scrimmage

i work with a bunch of clemson grads. they said their midnight madness will be held outside, in downtown clemson. It falls on the weekend of their homecoming. Sounded pretty awesome

Marquette is throwing a 2-day affair…

GoMarquette.com: Midnight Madness highlights two-day basketball festival

[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Oct 15 2004, 09:22 AM [b] i work with a bunch of clemson grads. they said their midnight madness will be held outside, in downtown clemson. It falls on the weekend of their homecoming. [/b]
too bad they dont have any basketball to look forward to
[b]In another league, being picked sixth probably wouldn't be worth an NIT invitation[/b]
:D I believe 6th in Cusa last year got an nit bid and should also get at least that this year.

I believe the 6th team got an NCAA Bid, try again. :wink:

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Oct 16 2004, 12:07 AM [b] I believe the 6th team got an NCAA Bid, try again. ;) [/b]
That's been my complaint about those clowns. They talk about six teams from the acc getting bids but intentionally fail to mention 6 teams from OUR conference getting bids. It's all about perception & they constantly attempt to perceive us as second-rated to all acc teams. No, it is not accidental. It is nothing but the typical propaganda that comes out of the unc-chapel school of gay journalists. Just giving us "coverage" is not good enough. Our conference sent more teams than the acc to the NCAA last year but I don't recall EVER seeing that mentioned in the Observer. Instead, we were forced to listen to Mike P whine & cry because many Niner fans were fed up & said nasty things to him.

GO NINERS!!!

Ok, I just bought Saturday’s paper & admit they gave us nice exposure. They still refuse to acknowledge that we have been better than many acc teams since the early & mid 90s. They still talk about all the acc teams going to post season but will not give us credit for CUSA sending more teams than the acc for 2 of the past 5 years. They still omitted our Senior Day last year & they still buried a CUSA team making the Final 4 on page 16 2 years ago while putting the other 3 teams (none from the acc) on the front page. They still give us thje perception that we are not as good as ANY acc program.

Expect more space this year, but it’s gonna be interesting to see if they give us the “respect” we deserve. I hope they do & if so, I’ll the the first to tell Persinger “thank you”.

GO NINERS

!!!

Over40 bought a Charlotte Observer :wow:

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Oct 16 2004, 04:14 PM [b] Over40 bought a Charlotte Observer :wow: [/b]
Yep. I buy them when there is an article about us. Today's (Saturday) article was actually impressive. It's just a shame they usually find a way to perceive us as always being 2nd rate to ALL acc schools. We have a better program than many of them but you will never read that in the Observer.

Looking forward to this season.

GO NINERS!!!

B)