Observer Sunday

Jim’s story on the women’s team that was online yesterday now is a 404 on the home page and the sports page (7:15 am).

Paging ninermike

10:00, fixed on the home page, still a 404 Page not found on the sports page.

My story has been on the home page front since about 7 p.m. yesterday. Read it there last night. The link is below. You can even see there was a comment made on the story about 7:45 p.m. YESTERDAY.

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/college_hoops/story/613915.html[/URL]

I know that it was there yesterday Jim. My complaint is that on the home page this morning you get a 404 Page Not Found message there. It was fixed according to the time stamp at 9:25 this morning. The link still does not work on the sports page at 10:15.

I read your story yesterday, that is not the issue I was making. A headline without a story isn’t of much use to either of us.

[QUOTE=HP49er;394531]I know that it was there yesterday Jim. My complaint is that on the home page this morning you get a 404 Page Not Found message there. It was fixed according to the time stamp at 9:25 this morning. The link still does not work on the sports page at 10:15.

I read your story yesterday, that is not the issue I was making. A headline without a story isn’t of much use to either of us.[/QUOTE]

Will u stop being a 49whiner… Sheesh. Ty Lawson’s foot and sock sweat need the bandwidth.

1:00, link on sports page still doesn’t work. Everyone has looked at the online Observer today by now.

2:20, sos.

[QUOTE=metro;394520]Paging ninermike[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the page, I’m now at the scene of the crime. My deepest apologies to all Niners who I’ve pointed fingers at for being Observer bashers. This is the biggest outrage in the coverage of women’s college basketball since Imus called the Lady Knights of Rutgers NHH’s. From here on out, send that same page but only so I can confront the monstrous atrocities committed against our school by the Charlotte Disturber.

Even newspapers that are going out of business and on the other side of the country got this one right: http://www.seattlepi.com/cbasketball/2061ap_bkw_ncaa_charlotte_purdue.html Damn you Charlotte Disturber! If you were a sports franchise, I’d George Shinn your a** out of town and relocate the Seattle PI here.

Jim- Looks like the issue is that the link goes to the sports folder and that the live article is in the college hoops folder.

well ninermike, it’s 3:30 and no one wants to fix the problem. Regardless, it’s a damn disservice to the Charlotte staff and players who worked to get to the NCAA tournament.

Funny how it only happens on articles pertaining to the 49ers and never to the other teams.

Funny how it only happens on articles pertaining to the 49ers and never to the other teams.
This is an issue we've been having for quite some time now. Jim writes a great article and links it on this board, but the article never makes it, or temporarily makes it, to the Observer website.

Usually, when someone mentions the issue on this board, it becomes mysteriously fixed if someone from the Observer is scanning the board’s posts.

This crap a great way to keep our internet click counts to a minimum since the only people with access to the article are NNN members.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;394557]This is an issue we’ve been having for quite some time now. Jim writes a great article and links it on this board, but the article never makes it, or temporarily makes it, to the Observer website.

Usually, when someone mentions the issue on this board, it becomes mysteriously fixed if someone from the Observer is scanning the board’s posts.

This crap a great way to keep our internet click counts to a minimum since the only people with access to the article are NNN members.[/QUOTE]

This link still works: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/133/gallery/614283.html I must have just clicked it 100 times already. We should all do this to every active Niner article to confront the recent Chapel Hill College graduates who are most likely manning the Observer site on a Saturday with little or no supervision. (or are they getting direct instructions from Mike P. to screw our links up?) Until Dayton and Xavier both take the lead in their games, I’ll be non-stop clicking.

This link still works:
Not from the Sports Page on the Observer Web Site. I just tried it and received the same thing HP did..... a "404 Page Not Found" message. It may work "internally" (example being if you are in the same building or logged in to the O's employee network), but it does not work when a reader tries to access the link.

Try accessing it from you home PC after you get home from work and you’ll see what we’re talking about.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394561]This link still works: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/133/gallery/614283.html[/QUOTE]
You can’t even get it correct. That link goes to the slideshow.

In the words of 49erAlumnus… go away.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;394568]Not from the Sports Page on the Observer Web Site. I just tried it and received the same thing HP did… a “404 Page Not Found” message. It may work “internally” (example being if you are in the same building or logged in to the O’s employee network), but it does not work when a reader tries to access the link.

Try accessing it from you home PC after you get home from work and you’ll see what we’re talking about.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to slideshow link and not the original link. It’s 4:47…and the link to the story still doesn’t work!? @%!%!%! Here’s another west coast paper that got it right!! http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/03/21/sports/s133508D26.DTL&type=science Maybe they automatically print all articles with 49ers in it.

[QUOTE=

Try accessing it from you home PC after you get home from work and you’ll see what we’re talking about.[/QUOTE] Dadgummit! I leave at 5pm today. I hope the 2nd shift doesn’t get wind of this and make the link live again. I’ve got three other (CHC) Chapel Hill College cronies all laughing it up with me as we read your posts. Your making us feel much better about our jobs despite the fact that the paper will probably be gone by the end of the year.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394573][B]Your[/B] making us feel much better about our jobs despite the fact that the paper will probably be gone by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
You will lose your job for not being able to spell before the Observer shuts down.

And in reference to post #10 above, it’s also a disservice to Jim Utter, that no one can read his story. I suppose the Observer just sends him to Chattanooga to write a story that only print-edition folks can read. I’m sure the advertising and accounting departments love that.

It's 4:47...and the link to the story still doesn't work!?
That's what HP and I have been telling you. Like I said, you'll have to wait until you get home from work to try it on your home PC, because the odds are it works fine from the Observer's internal employee network.

When you get home, access the Observer website the same way a regular reader would, and try to access the article.

[QUOTE=HP49er;394574]You will lose your job for not being able to spell before the Observer shuts down.[/QUOTE]

I just got home. 2nd shift made it live…bastages!!! I knew they should have never hired those Wolfpack grads.

Jim- Thanks for not screwing up this link. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/galleries/gallery/610884.html