Observer Sunday

Mike, what part do you not understand when we tell you the link does not work when accessed from the Observerā€™s website? Quit pretending to be stupid.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394577]Jim- Thanks for not screwing up this link. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/galleries/gallery/610884.html[/QUOTE]

Or this oneā€¦ http://www.charlotteobserver.com/galleries/gallery/610884.html

Hey wait a gosh darn minute. There are close to 60 photos here and not one of them are a 49ers cheerleader. On top of that, did any of you see all the ACC cheerleaders here and Chapel Hill College cheerleaders? ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! Iā€™m gonna blow a lid.

If I didnā€™t stop reading the Observer years ago, I would definitely be calling their sorry Chapel Hill College infested front office and tell them what to do with that paper.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;394579]Mike, what part do you not understand when we tell you the link does not work when accessed from the Observerā€™s website? Quit pretending to be stupid.[/QUOTE]

Your the one being stupid now Over40. Hereā€™s what you said ā€œbecause the odds are it works fine from the Observerā€™s internal employee network.ā€

In all seriousness, the link does work from my home computer and did at about 5pm.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394583]Your the one being stupid now Over40. Hereā€™s what you said ā€œbecause the odds are it works fine from the Observerā€™s internal employee network.ā€

In all seriousness, the link does work from my home computer and did at about 5pm.[/QUOTE]
[B]Youā€™re[/B]

Of course it finally works. The time stamp of 5:02 is when it was fixed as well.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;394579]Mike, what part do you not understand when we tell you the link does not work when accessed from the Observerā€™s website? Quit pretending to be stupid.[/QUOTE]

Over, I donā€™t think heā€™s pretending.

Your the one being stupid now Over40. Here's what you said "because the odds are it works fine from the Observer's internal employee network."

In all seriousness, the link does work from my home computer and did at about 5pm.

Thatā€™s correct Einstein. Itā€™s probably been working for you because you were logged in from work, thus being logged into the Observerā€™s internal networkā€¦

But Iā€™m sure you already know the link does not work for anyone attempting to read the Observer online. So quit pretending to be stupid.

edit: it is finally working now.

Mike,

Come on out of the closet, pal. Itā€™s not that scary. Itā€™s actually quite liberating.

49er alum here. If people want to create conspiracy theories, I donā€™t mind contributing to the psychosis.

ITā€™S A CONSPIRACY!

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;394568]Not from the Sports Page on the Observer Web Site. I just tried it and received the same thing HP didā€¦ a ā€œ404 Page Not Foundā€ message. It may work ā€œinternallyā€ (example being if you are in the same building or logged in to the Oā€™s employee network), but it does not work when a reader tries to access the link.

Try accessing it from you home PC after you get home from work and youā€™ll see what weā€™re talking about.[/QUOTE]

40-
He doesnā€™t get it. The link here is good. The hyperlink to click is broke. Diificult to compute I know.

The toe links are good to go. Have no fear.

I want to make sure I understand this.

1. HP says he cannot read the Observer article.

2. NinerMike jumps in and says it can be read.

3. HP and then Over says NO it cannot be read.

4. NinerMike acts stupid while arguing with HP and Over40.

5. 49erAlumnus thinks Mike IS stupid.

6. The link is finally fixed ar 5:00 PM.

7. NinerMike for some reason says yes he is a Niner even though no one said he was not.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394582]Or this oneā€¦ http://www.charlotteobserver.com/galleries/gallery/610884.html

Hey wait a gosh darn minute. There are close to 60 photos here and not one of them are a 49ers cheerleader. On top of that, did any of you see all the ACC cheerleaders here and Chapel Hill College cheerleaders? ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! Iā€™m gonna blow a lid.

If I didnā€™t stop reading the Observer years ago, I would definitely be calling their sorry Chapel Hill College infested front office and tell them what to do with that paper.[/QUOTE]

Another fail. Is it really that hard to figure out??? If there were 10 pics of Perdue girls celebrating, and 2 of us, thatā€™s a problem. Now go finish off MP you fluffer.

[QUOTE=ninermike;394561]This link still works: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/133/gallery/614283.html I must have just clicked it 100 times already. We should all do this to every active Niner article to confront the recent Chapel Hill College graduates who are most likely manning the Observer site on a Saturday with little or no supervision. (or are they getting direct instructions from Mike P. to screw our links up?) Until Dayton and Xavier both take the lead in their games, Iā€™ll be non-stop clicking.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m going to try and explain this very slow so that a few of you can comprehend.

ā€œThis link still worksā€ = I was not talking about the link to the story. I WAS referring to the link to the slideshow. I was making the point that you could click a WORKING link multiple times to make up for those clicks we canā€™t make on the NON-WORKING link. This would enable us to get around those Chapel Hill College Observer workers who are shutting down some of our links to minimize 49er web page views.

This is a lot of fun debating these fine points while I watch NCAA basketball games. Helps me get over the fact that Siena is down 8 to Lā€™ville.

49er alum here. If people want to create conspiracy theories, I don't mind contributing to the psychosis.

Whatā€™s where you you went to school got to do with it? I went to Charlotte. I just have lots of divided loyalties. You seem to have several different loyalties yourself. I thought that we might be kindred spirits.

Updated:

7. NinerMike for some reason says yes he is a Niner even though no one said he was not.

8. Metro points out one of Mikeā€™s many stupid comments.

9. Closet Fan thinks he and Mike have a lot in common.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;394589]ITā€™S A CONSPIRACY![/QUOTE]

Rook-
Give it 10 yrs, the light bulb will go off when you ditch the training wheels.

[QUOTE=Chipper;394593]I want to make sure I understand this.

5. 49erAlumnus thinks Mike is stupid.

7. NinerMike for some reason says yes he is a Niner even though no one said he was not.[/QUOTE]

Read my last post Chipper. I was relaying the fact that Iā€™m a Niner because I was worried a few people actually believed I work at the Observer and was actually breaking links to 49er articles.

[QUOTE=Chipper;394597]Updated:

1. 49erAlumnus thinks Mike IS stupid.

[/QUOTE]

If Ty Lawsonā€™s shoe fits, then wear it. Btw, has anbody heard an update DUI Tyā€™s foot lately? Maybe Iā€™ll check the Observer site, they probably have something on it.

Real question:

Ninermike, who employs you?

You are in journalism of some sort because nobody would know of all the goofy awards youā€™ve mentioned over the yrs, and you only post in journalistic threads. You may not ā€œworkā€ at the Regional O, but youā€™re a friend.

Latest Update:

8. Metro points out one of Mikeā€™s many stupid comments.

9. Closet Fan thinks he and Mike have a lot in common.

10. NinerMike gets very defensive. I just read the entire thread again and I still fail to see where anyone accused him of breaking the thread. :rolleyes: