Observer Wednesday

Profile of former Butler star Emily Jeffrey:
[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/678587.html#none[/URL]

Winthrop/Charlotte baseball: [URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/683/story/678639.html#none[/URL]

Good article on softball.

A little off topic, but the picture of her sporting the Charlotte logo in only back and green is hot.
Our athletic department needs to continue to fade away the gold. Just like the Boston Celtics, green, black, and white.

[QUOTE=Int’l 49er;403326]Good article on softball.

A little off topic, but the picture of her sporting the Charlotte logo in only back and green is hot.
Our athletic department needs to continue to fade away the gold. Just like the Boston Celtics, green, black, and white.[/QUOTE]

I want to be nothing like the Celtics and their fairweather fans. Playing off the gold/niners should utilized more if you ask me. I would love to see the entrances to a new football stadium look like mineshafts.

The concession stand operators can be toothless, bearded old prospectors who are overly giddy. “Oh, Cinnamon!”

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;403331]The concession stand operators can be toothless, bearded old prospectors who are overly giddy. “Oh, Cinnamon!”[/QUOTE]

You got it.

The concession stand operators can be toothless, bearded old prospectors who are overly giddy. "Oh, Cinnamon!"
lol I like it
I want to be nothing like the Celtics and their fairweather fans. Playing off the gold/niners should utilized more if you ask me. I would love to see the entrances to a new football stadium look like mineshafts.

Yep. It seems like a nonbrainer to me. A 49er being green and black would be kind of like a Blue Devil being red and white. I hope we can get the mineshaft and stadium thing to work. I think the cheerleaders should pull Norm out in a mining cart.

Green and gold! No black.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;403330]I want to be nothing like the Celtics and their fairweather fans. Playing off the gold/niners should utilized more if you ask me. I would love to see the entrances to a new football stadium look like mineshafts.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Good article on softball.

Our athletic department needs to continue to fade away the gold. Just like the Boston Celtics, green, black, and white.

i guess im part of the minority that agrees with you… i like just green black and white, i thought the ladies gold jersies this year looked horrible, and when i was at a bar watching the ncaa game, i heard other people saying the same thing…they looked cheap and old

i guess im part of the minority that agrees with you.. i like just green black and white, i thought the ladies gold jersies this year looked horrible, and [B]when i was at a bar watching the ncaa game, i heard other people saying the same thing....they looked cheap and old[/B]

please…you know what they say about opinions. besides they were probably ACC fans/49er haters who “just love” Wake and Ga. Tech’s classic gold unis:.

I would prefer to just see the gold on a throwback uni!! I’ll keep holding my breathe for it though.

i guess im part of the minority that agrees with you.. i like just green black and white, i thought the ladies gold jersies this year looked horrible, and when i was at a bar watching the ncaa game, i heard other people saying the same thing....they looked cheap and old
I liked their jerseys a lot. I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.

you can add me to the list of people who aren’t big fans of the gold. I just don’t like it as much- I prefer almost all green with black and some gold accents

I liked their jerseys a lot. I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Gold rules. The end.

Nowadays I find myself paying more attention to fastpitch than baseball. This girl Emily Jeffrey we have is a stud.

19-6 …1.47 ERA…162IP… 105H…227K
:huh::huh::ohmy::ohmy: are you kiddin me…

We beat #12 UNC-CH last time, lets make it 2 in a row

now I need lil’ Metro to keep her hit streak going Saturday in her tourny

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;403331]The concession stand operators can be toothless, bearded old prospectors who are overly giddy. “Oh, Cinnamon!”[/QUOTE]
From today’s Observer slideshow…

[I]Russ Kurz, 77, discusses the new wave of gold prospectors,
at a site along the American River in Coloma, CA, Thursday,
April 16, 2009. With the downturn in the economy California’s
Sierra foothills have seen a rush of new prospectors trying to
strike it rich prospecting for gold. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)[/I]

i guess im part of the minority that agrees with you.. i like just green black and white, i thought the ladies gold jersies this year looked horrible, and when i was at a bar watching the ncaa game, i heard other people saying the same thing....they looked cheap and old

When I saw their gold jerseys I thought they looked GREAT. I was wondering why the guys didn’t have any. Just plain white jerseys with green lettering look cheap and plain to me. There is no flair to them. I don’t mind the black being in the color scheme though. I think the color black adds a sense of toughness to a team.

It’s all about marketing…black, green, and white. We need to be different than anyone else especially what we deal with in ACC country. There may be, but I can’t think of any teams that are just green, black, and white. But, there are many with gold in there too.

Gold looks terrible, it looks too old school. Unless we occasionally use the real color of gold, just like the celtics from time to time.

Glad that the school is taking better steps in marketing.