Observer's BIG Withers story

Withers ready to make move

Good information and 2 very cool photos, front page Sports.

That story’s got me pumped. Hope Curt is ready to STAR this year, people are definitely giving him (and the team) respect :smiley:

the juggernaut that is 49ers basketball is ready to DOMINATE B)

:clap: :toast: :thumbsup: Great story

Awesome article - I’m subscribing to the Observer first thing Monday!! Great job Mike and Jenna!!

Damn! I forgot Curtis is a father. … funny how stuff like this gets forgotten (by me) or ignored (by fans, media)… stuff that’s friggin huge.

I pray he stays 4 years. When the article mentions CW, the high schooler, looking forward to having his Charlotte jersey retired, I got to wondering… how much of that still exists? What does he currently envision? …are there banners hanging from the rafters to go with that jersey? … and, How? Is there an accompanying sense of duty?- to the family that’s his team. (Does daddy’s wallet flaunt pics of Halton and Lutz?) (Please God, let Curtis be the next bad-ass SENIOR daddy leader [ala Dwyane Wade, Diego.] Was KP a father?)

(“Looking like one… standing for many.” -famous indie rock dude.)

I like how the writer, a shit-kicking babe, strongly ties Curtis’s personal life to his continuing improvement. First, she quotes CW on Jae’lyn, “He’s made the real world real.” Then she quotes Lutz: "But there can be a little bit of a lack of concentration. He has to take it more personally if a guy scores on him.

It breaks me up! Nice work Jena.

[i]Originally posted by anipalcraig[/i]@Nov 13 2004, 04:49 PM [b] I pray he stays 4 years. When the article mentions CW, the high schooler, looking forward to having his Charlotte jersey retired, I got to wondering.... how much of that still exists? [/b]
I hope having his jersey retired is an aim of his. It is a REQUIREMENT that student athletes GRADUATE in order for their jersey to be retired. There was one exception; Charles H.

Nice read for the lady.

Keep THOSE types of stories coming Persinger.

That was one great article. Can we get some stories like that in the Sunday paper?

[i]Originally posted by austinniner+Nov 13 2004, 07:41 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (austinniner @ Nov 13 2004, 07:41 PM)

Dwyane Wade left early last I checked. But great pub this year from the Observer. Here’s hoping we can live up to this hype and break through this year.

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 07:40 PM [b] I believe the next jersey to be retired MUST belong to a player that graduates, yes, but also helps lead us to heights beyond the Sweet 16 at least once or twice. The standards must go up as time goes on and our history enrichens. If not, we'll be retiring jerseys at a much too discounted rate. [/b]
It will unless our school policy changes.