ODU @ Charlotte 2/10 6PM; Charlotte @ ODU 2/13 4PM - both ESPN+

Annual home-and-home series with our league travel partner. ODU (9-5, 5-3 C-USA East) avoided a home court sweep by Marshall this past weekend when the Monarchs erased a 21 point deficit to edge the Herd 82-81 on Friday. Marshall won Saturday’s matchup 87-67, with its largest lead at 34 in the second half.

Monarchs lead series with Niners 25-15.

clt bets we go 1-1

1 Like

We will have to play better than we did against MTSU to go 1-1.

Well, after reading that ODU may be without two starters - one of which is their leading scorer - then no way do we blow them out. :roll_eyes:

God if they lose one more starter they are pretty much guaranteed to sweep us.

4 Likes

HAHA I was thinking the same thing - the more players they have out the less positive I am about the game

germany berlin GIF by hateplow

clt says we have pillars

“It’s almost like for us, we feel like every weekend is a big weekend. We really do.”
Except we seem to play down to inferior competition and up to better competition so, that’s basically not true

“Hoping we can keep stepping forward and continue to improve.”
Not sure what you are exactly continuing to improve on. We just laid a goose egg. Some talk about dusting ourselves off and getting back on track would be a lot more encouraging that continuing to improve. Our continued improvement has looked like total shit so far this season.

“Going to be a blue collar game. We are going to have to match physicality and intensity.”
I think every game we play is a blue collar game, because we aren’t utilizing skill and athleticism on the offensive end. Junk yard brawl is as good as we are going to get.

“I think anybody can beat anybody, on any night.”
We know you do, and while a lot of coaches might spout this platitude in public, most of the successful ones would be absolutely ashamed to have their team endure the weekend your team just did.

We open as a 2 point favorite.

Vegas has no idea what to do with us.

I feel their pain.

Et0Jm1QUUAEbzJj

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/ncaab/2-10-2021/old-dominion-odu-vs-charlotte-prediction-609/

:athletic_shoe: :pizza:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1359518573861892096

Per the Virginian-Pilot, sounds like ODU will have starting guards Malik Curry (16.5 ppg, 4.1apg) and A.J. Oliver II (10.2 ppg) back tonight after both missed the previous series vs Marshall.

Confirmed - Curry and Oliver back in the starting lineup for ODU:

And for the Niners: