ODU Post Game

Probably one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. The fact that we were in it and leading in the final 30 seconds after being down by 10 at half, shooting 26% and dealing with the refs is a testament to how far this team has come.
Overall a very tough loss, but cannot help it when you’re playing against the refs too.

My taek: nice fight after that first half, refs weren’t very good.

I feel robbed tbh. Guys played hard. Again some really terrible calls that really can deflate a team. Luckily our guys didn’t deflate. Just a tough one to swallow. Go Niners! Fun team to watch.

I sat behind the visitors bench and even some of the ODU fans were telling how bad some of the calls were that was called. Guys play hard and do not give up. Best passing team we have had in years. I like that we actually come out of a TO and run a play instead of throwing into backcourt like last year.

I am BEYOND PISSED!!! Not fouling odu on their last possession in regulation was shitty coaching. I can’t believe we lost yet another game like this. odu was in the 1 and 1 and would have had to make 2 FTs and we’d still have a 1 point lead if they made both, and WE WOULD HAVE HAD POSSESSION WITH A 1 POINT LEAD. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Great game. Y’all showed some grit. Seniority may have been the difference in the end. White really hurt y’all.

Don’t worry, you’ll only have to see Freeman 4 times. :wink: Unless of course we meet in the CUSA tournament.

[quote=“49er1, post:5, topic:30163”]I am BEYOND PISSED!!! Not fouling odu on their last possession in regulation was shitty coaching. I can’t believe we lost yet another game like this. odu was in the 1 and 1 and would have had to make 2 FTs and we’d still have a 1 point lead if they made both, and WE WOULD HAVE HAD POSSESSION WITH A 1 POINT LEAD. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D[/quote] lol with the way this game was going we could have fouled them on purpose and they wouldn’t have called it

can hardly agree…or disagree. i couldn’t watch it. but usually the refs are 'homers"–though not tonight.
my guess is that we don’t yet have the “complete” team we need. e.g., a deep inside presence.
it will come in time.
god rest ye merry, gentlemen!

[quote=“earlyniner, post:8, topic:30163”]can hardly agree…or disagree. i couldn’t watch it. but usually the refs are 'homers"–though not tonight.
my guess is that we don’t yet have the “complete” team we need. e.g., a deep inside presence.
it will come in time.
god rest ye merry, gentlemen![/quote]
Their size was a big difference maker down low. They have three pretty big guys who seemed versatile. More size will benefit us, but I know that it’s on the way with recruiting.
GO NINERS

I was to the side of their bench off to the left of the basket if you’re looking for it from behind. It was good to see us run a play coming out of TO I noticed that too.
Very happy with how the guys played. Onto Rice.

[quote=“Fatalisk, post:6, topic:30163”]Great game. Y’all showed some grit. Seniority may have been the difference in the end. White really hurt y’all.

Don’t worry, you’ll only have to see Freeman 4 times. :wink: Unless of course we meet in the CUSA tournament.[/quote] Don’t worry too much that #20 might blow out a knee or something and ya’ll will be totally screwed. Enjoy your 8 on 5 win.

[quote=“49er1, post:5, topic:30163”]I am BEYOND PISSED!!! Not fouling odu on their last possession in regulation was shitty coaching. I can’t believe we lost yet another game like this. odu was in the 1 and 1 and would have had to make 2 FTs and we’d still have a 1 point lead if they made both, and WE WOULD HAVE HAD POSSESSION WITH A 1 POINT LEAD. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D[/quote] Coach addressed that in post game. He was afraid with our lack of experience guys might foul at the wrong time and create an “old fashioned” 3 point chance. You may be pissed, but the majority of coaches would do the same thing.

Was this the same crew as MT? Seemed like one of them looked familiar, although that could be my anger making them look alike.

Tough loss, I’m proud of the way we fought back and almost had it. Hoping we can notch two wins next week and get back on track.

I take it that you didn’t watch the end of the FIU game?

[quote=“chidave, post:13, topic:30163”]Was this the same crew as MT? Seemed like one of them looked familiar, although that could be my anger making them look alike.

Tough loss, I’m proud of the way we fought back and almost had it. Hoping we can notch two wins next week and get back on track.[/quote]
I thought one of the guys looked familiar as well. I do recall after that game one of the refs walking off the court and saying “F this school” he was at most 5-10ft from me.

[quote=“d6bound, post:3, topic:30163”]I feel robbed tbh. Guys played hard. Again some really terrible calls that really can deflate a team. Luckily our guys didn’t deflate. Just a tough one to swallow. Go Niners! Fun team to watch.[/quote] Post game radio show, Matt said he felt like maybe the refs were out to spite the home crowd. I got that feeling, too. Very unprofessional, particularly on a couple of occasions when they seemed to invite conflict with our players. Hard to fathom how a 20 year old player can be more mature than a middle aged ref, but that seemed to be the case. The 2 younger officials took their cue from the older one and acted out their butthurt on us. Shame.

The only real gripe that I had about the coaching was that we could not keep Freeman from getting the last shot. I expected us to double him like we did a few times earlier in the game to force him to pass. I guess it’s easier said than done, though.

Completely agree. Honestly not sure how we were in the game, with the amount of 50/50 calls that went ODUs way, plus how poorly we shot in the 1st half. But that is what a well coached team that plays their hearts out will get you out of. Future is extremely bright, just have to be patient.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:15, topic:30163”][quote=“chidave, post:13, topic:30163”]Was this the same crew as MT? Seemed like one of them looked familiar, although that could be my anger making them look alike.

Tough loss, I’m proud of the way we fought back and almost had it. Hoping we can notch two wins next week and get back on track.[/quote]
I thought one of the guys looked familiar as well. I do recall after that game one of the refs walking off the court and saying “F this school” he was at most 5-10ft from me.[/quote] That would have been good to get on cell phone video. I’m not at all surprised that remark was made. Hopefully, karma will catch up with that a/hole.

I thought the same thing truthfully. Seemed to act very unprofessionally at times. Highly doubt C-USA will do anything about it so it is what ti is. Didn’t help that Freeman went off tonight as well.