Oh, and the Observer had this Sunday

Bobby Q&A

mike that was a very nice piece…when willl the basketball issue be coming out? i have to visit the barnes & noble to get my observer…

[i]Originally posted by CapCityNiner[/i]@Oct 31 2004, 03:01 PM [b] mike that was a very nice piece...when willl the basketball issue be coming out? i have to visit the barnes & noble to get my observer... [/b]
We don't do a basketball special section like many papers do, because we have so many schools to cover. We try to give each school its "day" to be on the front. The Niners day is coming, but I can't tie myself down with a date yet.

Nice article.

B)

On EJ:

[b]I think he's really ready to make an impact, whether he starts or comes off the bench. He's playing like a starter right now.[/b]
Where would he start? Great that he's playing that well, just interesting that Lutz would be considering starting him. Eddie, Drayton, Withers would be a nice starting front line, a little undersized though. He wouldn't consider moving Eddie to the bench, or Plavich with Eddie at SG. Hmm......
[b]We may not rely on the 3 quite as much, and that's not all bad.[/b]
Are you sure they interviewed Bobby Lutz for this article?

Nice article, always good to get Bobby’s opinion on some of the guys.

Since we now know that Curtis can score, we can gameplan to run a lot of plays for him. Coming into last year, I don’t think everyone was convinced Withers could put up 16-18 per game.

It will be interesting to see what type of sets we run for him and Iti. Also, how well they establish position and the guards feed them the ball. I know we ran the high-low alot with Iti at the top.

Iti needs to be patient after he catches it. He wants to show he can score…we’re going to see some wild shots. If he’s cut off, he needs to pitch it out or dump down low to Withers.

Btw, get in a handful of clicks on the Observer link. Play the game. If we click enough, we can get a 49er insert and a series of player photos. :smiley:

Quality Q&A. Thanks Mike!

In addition, Bobby is quoted in this piece on high school hoops in Sunday’s Observer:

Link: Parent turns to private schools

BTW, that piece is an addendum to this:

Link: Transfers trendy in basketball circles

Good to see Langston get Bobby’s take on it. Makes sense.

The N. Meck coach makes a telling comment in the Transfers Trendy piece:

“It blows my mind,” North Mecklenburg coach Duane Lewis said. “Everybody’s moving because they think they’re big time. Well, everybody’s not made to be an ACC player, but every parent thinks their kid is an ACC player. But for most of them, it’s just not reality.”

LOL and you wonder why we’re not pursuing Jamie Skeen. Look what we’re up against. He probably thinks the world is flat too.

[b] Good to see Langston get Bobby's take on it. Makes sense.[/b]

More like shocking.

[b] LOL and you wonder why we're not pursuing Jamie Skeen. Look what we're up against. He probably thinks the world is flat too.[/b]

Actually Langston quoting Lutz makes ME think the world is flat.

[b]"It blows my mind," North Mecklenburg coach Duane Lewis said. "Everybody's moving because they think they're big time. Well, everybody's not made to be an ACC player, but every parent thinks their kid is an ACC player. But for most of them, it's just not reality."[/b]

Looks like N. Meck’s coach was a walk-on at Clemson. Guess we won’t be getting any more Demarco’s from N. Meck.