One potential coach down.... McCaffery to IOWA

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5035286

time to start making moves judy!

Didn’t see that one coming. I guess they decided not to wait for Gregory to finish in the NIT.

[quote=“jsqu03, post:1, topic:22899”]time to start making moves judy![/quote]Hopefully, she already has. Hopefully, Chancellor Phil is not forcing her to wait for his return before we can “officially” begin our search.

Then again, who knows… We may announce our choice soon too.

No one on this board had any idea Bobby was going to get fired. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors?

That’s a good point. Even the people who are the most “in the know” had no clue. It wouldn’t shock me if a deal was already made and the announcement came today. Having said that, I’m about 99% sure there won’t be announcement made before Phil is back from spreading his baby blue love around China.

No suprise here, I knew this guy was going to a bigger program than Charlotte.

McCaffery will be named head coach at Iowa, Albany Times Union

Comments are mostly positive about him getting the Iowa job.

[quote=“HP49er, post:7, topic:22899”]McCaffery will be named head coach at Iowa, Albany Times Union

Comments are mostly positive about him getting the Iowa job.[/quote] Iowa fans aren’t too happy: http://iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=940&fid=803&style=2

How many people would be upset if McCaffrey was hired here? It’s funny to read how many of them wanted Dayton’s Gregory instead.

Bobby “drunkybear” Huggins to Charlotte for room and board, stripper tipping money and daily case of PBR? :-X :o

Bobby “drunkybear” Huggins to Charlotte for room and board, stripper tipping money and daily case of PBR? :-X :o[/quote]

I think it will take two cases of PBR to get him. Step it up 49er Club!!!

I would buy him a whole truck load if it got him here.

You can have my season tickets and 49er Club membership if that ever happens.

Huggins? No thanks. I don’t want all the new convicts running around our campus pretending to be student athletes.

You can have my season tickets and 49er Club membership if that ever happens.[/quote]

Gladly. Seats would be hard to come by when we’re a top 25 team every year.

You can have my season tickets and 49er Club membership if that ever happens.[/quote]

Gladly. Seats would be hard to come by when we’re a top 25 team every year.[/quote]

I wouldn’t give a shit if we stoop to becoming a win-with-no-conscience program.

judy has no moves. she will wait until all legitimate candidates are taken. the chances of us getting a quality assistant or proven head coach is doubtful with rose running the show. in order to reboot the program, she should be removed also. the fact that no comments have been made in two weeks should indicate direction we are headed. [quote=“jsqu03, post:1, topic:22899”]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5035286

time to start making moves judy![/quote]

Brian Gregory would’ve cost Iowa a ton of money. Dayton already pays Gregory pretty well, plus the fact that he has the best recruiting class in school history coming in next year would make it hard for him to leave. He said numerous times that he wasn’t interested in the Iowa job.

Also, I still have no idea why Iowa didn’t go after Northern Iowa’s Ben Jacobsen.

[quote=“roseknows0, post:16, topic:22899”]judy has no moves. she will wait until all legitimate candidates are taken. the chances of us getting a quality assistant or proven head coach is doubtful with rose running the show. in order to reboot the program, she should be removed also. the fact that no comments have been made in two weeks should indicate direction we are headed. [quote=“jsqu03, post:1, topic:22899”]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5035286

time to start making moves judy![/quote][/quote] Or the fact that no comments have been made might indicate that Rose promised no comments would be made until a hiring was announced. Could we wait until the hire to begin our collective moan?

[quote=“4ever niner, post:18, topic:22899”][quote=“roseknows0, post:16, topic:22899”]judy has no moves. she will wait until all legitimate candidates are taken. the chances of us getting a quality assistant or proven head coach is doubtful with rose running the show. in order to reboot the program, she should be removed also. the fact that no comments have been made in two weeks should indicate direction we are headed. [quote=“jsqu03, post:1, topic:22899”]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5035286

time to start making moves judy![/quote][/quote] Or the fact that no comments have been made might indicate that Rose promised no comments would be made until a hiring was announced. Could we wait until the hire to begin our collective moan?[/quote]

Just my sentiments, give Judy time, I think she’ll make the right choice. There are still plenty of candidates out there, and let’s be honest, we weren’t getting McCaffery anyway (no way we can outpay Iowa). Judy said no comments and she’s stuck by that.

Gladly. Seats would be hard to come by when we’re a top 25 team every year.[/quote]

I wouldn’t give a s*** if we stoop to becoming a win-with-no-conscience program.[/quote]

He hasn’t had any issues with his players at WVU, most of the guys he has brought in were being recruited by other elite programs, none of them were questionable character guys that were disregarded like many of the guys he brought into Cincy.