Only in the Charlotte Observer...

could I learn such BREAKING news…

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/15066308.htm

2:08 pm | Knights re-sign point guard Burleson
RICK BONNELL
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com

The Charlotte Knights have re-signed third-string point guard Kevin Burleson for next season.

The Bobcats chose not to make a qualifying offer that would have made Burleson a restricted free agent, but at the time earlier this month coach/general manager Bernie Bickerstaff said he was conferring with Burleson.

Burleson, who recently played on the Bobcats’ summer-league team in Orlando, Fla., is expected to back up Raymond Felton and Brevin Knight.

Hmmm, I wonder how Kevin handles a bat?

How long til we get a story on Keyshawn looking to qualify at the Bank of America 500?

Bonnell really needs a vacation, poor guy.

Someone MUST be working Rick, a bit too hard.

He needs a break before he starts mixing up the Charlotte pro baseball team names. Imagine how the story would’ve read if Mr. Bonnell would’ve used the name of the original pro baseball team in Charlotte.

For those of the younger generation…our 1st pro baseball team was the Hornets.

i can’t believe his editor and that editor’s editor didn’t catch that. nice find.

Great Read! This is why I only pick up an Observer when a Niner is mentioned.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;182046]Great Read! This is why I only pick up an Observer when a Niner is mentioned.[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!!!

ME TOO!!!

I thought you were a lifetime subscriber?

The writers and columnists dont write their headlines. A staffer/editor does, to fit the space they have for it.

The writers and columnists dont write their headlines. A staffer/editor does, to fit the space they have for it.

This makes a lot of sense now…

I can’t find the article at the moment, but a couple of weeks ago there was an article in the Observer (online), and it was written by April Bethea (I believe). It was about how Charlotte is trying to get into contact with students who left early because of financial difficulties, school/life/work balance, etc. in order to help them re-enroll and obtain their degrees. It was a good article.

The only problem… The name: “UNC Charlotte Seeks out Dropouts:confused:

:hammer:

If I only saw the headline, it surely wouldn’t make the school look very good to me…

I live near Asheville, and the Charlotte Observer is 10 times that of the Asheville Citizen-Times