OOC Schedule Predictions

So we have complained plenty about scheduling, but it is what it is. We have talked about the roster, depth chart, line up and previews. Let see what you think about how we will fair in this OOC schedule. We are going into some big houses, will we leave our mark or walk off the hardwood with heads hung low? Below I’ve put the OOC sked. Leave your mark and elaborate where you feel necessary. I know no one knows exactly what to expect, but this helps fill that pre-season void, plus it’s fun to look back at.

[COLOR=SeaGreen][I]11/4…Guelph
11/11…Hofstra
11/12…North Texas[/I][/COLOR]
11/22…Syracuse
[COLOR=seagreen][I]11/25…Georgia State[/I][/COLOR]
11/29…Mississippi State
12/2…Indiana
[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/4…UNC Asheville[/I][/COLOR]
12/9…Davidson
12/21…Huston (Rainbow Classic Tourney)
[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/31…Wofford
2/13…Louisiana-Lafayette[/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][I]*italics are home games[/I][/COLOR]

Green tinted view:
[COLOR=seagreen][I][B]11/4…Guelph - W[/B][/I]
[I]11/11…Hofstra - W[/I]
[I]11/12…North Texas - W[/I][/COLOR]
11/22…Syracuse - W
[COLOR=seagreen][I]11/25…Georgia State - W[/I][/COLOR]
11/29…Mississippi State - L
12/2…Indiana - L
[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/4…UNC Asheville - W[/I][/COLOR]
12/9…Davidson - W
12/21…Huston (Rainbow Classic Tourney) - W, W, W (not sure how many games we’ll play in it if we win out)
[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/31…Wofford - W[/I]
[I]2/13…Louisiana-Lafayette - W[/I]

[I]12-2[/I]

[I]More realistic[/I]

[I]W[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]L[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]L[/I]
[I]L[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]L[/I]
[I]W[/I]
[I]L[/I]

[I]9-5[/I]
[/COLOR]

Guelph is a W, but also an exhibition, so doesn’t count. Now to the real OOC…

Hofstra - L 0-1
North Texas W 1-1
Syracuse - L 1-2
Georgia State - W 2-2
Mississippi State - L 2-3
Indiana - L 2-4
UNC Asheville - W 3-4
Davidson - W 4-4
Rainbow 1 - Houston - L 4-5
Rainbow 2 - Valpo - W (Creighton beats Valpo in round 1) 5-5
Rainbow 3 - W (Hawai’i, Nebraska, San Francisco, or Wyoming) 6-5
Wofford - W 7-5
Louisiana-Lafayette - W 8-5

If we beat Houston in Rainbow, then probably an L to Creighton in the 2nd round. Either way, we come out of that tourney with a 2-1 mark.

[I][COLOR=#2e8b57]
11/11…Hofstra ------------------------------------L
11/12…North Texas--------------------------------W
[/COLOR][/I]11/22…Syracuse-----------------------------------L
[COLOR=seagreen][I]11/25…Georgia State------------------------------W[/I][/COLOR]
11/29…Mississippi State---------------------------W but close
12/2…Indiana-------------------------------------L
[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/4…UNC Asheville------------------------------W[/I][/COLOR]
12/9…Davidson-----------------------------------W
12/21…Huston (Rainbow Classic Tourney)--------W, L
[COLOR=seagreen][I]12/31…Wofford------------------------------------W
2/13…Louisiana-Lafayette------------------------W[/I][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=#2e8b57][/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=black][B]8-4[/B][/COLOR]

My expectation is to be undefeated in OOC play.

Why play 'em if you don’t expect to win?

Experienced based history, sometimes called reality, tells me to expect 2 losses…don’t know (& don’t really care) to whom. If the team goes 10-2 in OOC, we should be much, much happier than last season.

If there are 4 or more OOC losses, I think we have reason to expect a season similar to last year.

I’m curious to see the results vs. Guelph. I was recently reminded of the last season’s game vs. Pfieffer (sp?). Low and behold, it was more accurate than I wanted to believe.

the only games that we “should lose” when I look at the schedule are Syracuse & Indiana- But, as we all know- we’ll lose at least 2 of those shitty games we “should win”- It’ll be against Hofstra or Davidson- one of those teams that is impossible to recover from…

We will take out lumps early. Why?

1. We always do.

2. We have lots of new players to integrate.

3. We’re relying on unproven players in the post and at the point.

4. Perimeter teams take a while to get warmed up

5. We’re playing Hofstra, Houston, and possibly Creighton - three teams that are as good or better than the name teams we’re playing on the road. The Hofstra game has all the makings of a total lose situation for us - excellent, skilled, experienced three guard offense, top 25 talent, and no name recognition, plus its at home, where, for years now, we’ve played like snot before Christmas.

I cant see less than 5 losses. That schedule is much tougher than vocal critics on this board believe.

If the season starts with a loss to Hofstra - then I expect the rest of the year to play out like run’s predictions. We’ll probably have a 4-5 record after the first rainbow tournament game - win a few games - and then beat a bunch of A-10 teams who are furious at us for our OOC record.

I really hope we beat Hofstra.

[QUOTE=survivor45;194178]If the season starts with a loss to Hofstra - then I expect the rest of the year to play out like run’s predictions. We’ll probably have a 4-5 record after the first rainbow tournament game - win a few games - and then beat a bunch of A-10 teams who are furious at us for our OOC record.

I really hope we beat Hofstra.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Hofstra, found this on CollegeInsider.com:

DISAPPOINTMENT CREATES OPPORTUNITY

Speaking of Hofstra, found this on CollegeInsider.com:

DISAPPOINTMENT CREATES OPPORTUNITY

[QUOTE] For Pecora there was good reason for optimism. His team was 23-6 (#31 RPI). They had won 12-of-13 … And they had beaten George Mason, who many believed also had a great chance of going to the NCAA tournament, twice in less then two weeks.

“Plain and simple I thought we were in,” says Pecora.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they are in one of those ‘media darling’ conferences. If they received a bid, they should have handed it to Fla. State or another ACC school to offset the lack of attention the poor ACC has been receiving.

Yeah, but they are in one of those 'media darling' conferences. If they received a bid, they should have handed it to Fla. State or another ACC school to offset the lack of attention the poor ACC has been receiving.

QFT

I’m clueless about this team more than any other team I’ve seen while in Charlotte. I guess I’ll chime in after Guelph.

[QUOTE] Hofstra enters the new season with the highest-scoring backcourt in the country. Senior [B]Loren Stokes (17.4 ppg)[/B], junior [B]Antoine Agudio (17.2 ppg) [/B]and senior [B]Carlos Rivera (11.7 ppg)[/B] combined to average 46.3 points per game last year. Pecora’s triple-threat has amassed 3,313 career points between them and could become a 5,000-point backcourt by season’s end.[/QUOTE]

They beat St Joe’s 77-75 in OT in the NIT last season, @ Philly ([URL=http://www.midmajority.com/game.php?g=10457]box score[/URL]). Those three guys combined for 49 pts. Kieza, who I dont think is back this year, had 17.

That’s pretty much all you need to know. Those three guys are Hofstra. Gotta shut them down without allowing some tall, clumsy white guy to grab 30 rebounds against us.

[QUOTE=survivor45;194215]Yeah, but they are in one of those ‘media darling’ conferences. If they received a bid, they should have handed it to Fla. State or another ACC school to offset the lack of attention the poor ACC has been receiving.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn’t all BCS schools receive automatic bids? Non BCS schools should not even be allowed to play in the NCAA. :sarcasm:

That’s what certain individuals want you to believe anyway (In Charlotte, their last names all begin with “P”).

Here are my predictions:

Hofstra - L 0-1
North Texas - W 1-1
Syracuse - W 2-1
Georgia State - W 3-1
Mississippi State - W 4-1
Indiana - L 4-2
UNC Asheville - W 5-2
Davidson - L 5-3
Rainbow 2 Ws and 1 L 7-4
Wofford - W 8-4
Louisiana-Lafayette - W 9-4

I think we will go undefeated in non-conference play.

Davidson - L 5-3

if we lose to davidson I will not be at the next home game.

I think we will go undefeated in non-conference play.

I do too.

:shades:

[QUOTE=ninerID;194239]if we lose to davidson I will not be at the next home game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, Davidson is going to be TERRIBLE this year

yeah we should definately beat Davidson

I’m most worried about North Texas and Wofford

[QUOTE=ninerID;194239]if we lose to davidson I will not be at the next home game.[/QUOTE]

Please be careful.

We always lose at least one game we should easily win. That’s why I threw that big “L” down beside the Davidson game. It had to be someone. It’s at Davidson and we’ve had some narrow escapes there when we were significantly a better team.

Also notice I had us beating Syracuse again. That’s typical for us too. We beat the giants and then lose to the midgets.