OOC Schedule Predictions

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;194280]Please be careful.

We always lose at least one game we should easily win. Thatā€™s why I threw that big ā€œLā€ down beside the Davidson game. It had to be someone. Itā€™s at Davidson and weā€™ve had some narrow escapes there when we were significantly a better team.

Also notice I had us beating Syracuse again. Thatā€™s typical for us too. We beat the giants and then lose to the midgets.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately Iā€™ve noticed that trend. Itā€™s kind of like my tennis game, always adjusting to the level of opponets. Need to get over this. Davidson shold just be considered a home game for us. We should have a lot there. I think we are going to blow it out in the first half and narrowly escape second half.

Who else would like to post up their predictions in out of confrence play?

8-5 when I use head over heart to make these predictions.

Young team, new players, likely wonā€™t gel until several games in, tough road schedule. I think we could win 9 if we gel sooner than I anticipate but Iā€™d be VERY surprised, though immensely pleased, if we hit double digit wins with our OOC schedule.

I just hope weā€™re clicking on all cylinders by the time conference play starts, and with minimal OOC damage done.

Iā€™m setting my expectations a little low this season so that Iā€™m pleasantly surprised when we overachieve.

And please do NOT assume Davidson is a gimme. That will be a tough game for us, regardless of how Davidsonā€™s team looks at the moment.

9 and 4. I dont know which ones we will win or lose, but we ALWAYS seem to go 8 and 4, 9 and 4, 9 and 5 or something like that in OOC playā€¦

[QUOTE=jcl49er;194305]And please do NOT assume Davidson is a gimme. That will be a tough game for us, regardless of how Davidsonā€™s team looks at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I agree. While the Cats lost quite a bit, McKillop is still the coach, so he will have them prepared. Still, Iā€™d be surprised ā€“ no, stunned! ā€“ if we lose that one. But as I have learned over the years, donā€™t ever take anything for granted with the Niners.

9 and 4. I dont know which ones we will win or lose, but we ALWAYS seem to go 8 and 4, 9 and 4, 9 and 5 or something like that in OOC play..

Matches my logic and prediction. 9-4.

[B]Hofstra[/B] - W - This might be an upset in some peopleā€™s minds
[B]North Texas[/B] W
[B]@Syracuse[/B] - L - Can lightning strike twice? Roberts has big night against us, I predict
[B]Georgia State [/B]- W
[B]@Mississippi State[/B] - W - Just show last yearā€™s game tape for motivation. U-G-L-Y
[B]@Indiana[/B] - L - I think we will play them much tougher than last year
[B]UNC Asheville[/B] - W
[B]@Davidson[/B] - W - This will be a close, hard- fought game
Rainbow 1 - [B]Houston[/B] - L - Both of the Cougarā€™s guards are on the pre-season All-CUSA team and they are picked to finish 2nd in CUSA :ohmy:
Rainbow 2 - [B]Valpo[/B] - W - We owe them for the spanking in Halton two years ago
Rainbow 3 - [B]Wyoming[/B] - W - We owe them an @$$ whooping also
[B]Wofford[/B] - W
[B]Louisiana-Lafayette[/B] - W

10-3 is my prediction. The absolute best I think we can do is 11-2. The absolute worst is 6-7.

[B]Hofstra[/B] - W - This might be an upset in some people's minds [B]North Texas[/B] W [B]@Syracuse[/B] - L - Can lightning strike twice? Roberts has big night against us, I predict [B]Georgia State [/B]- W [B]@Mississippi State[/B] - W - Just show last year's game tape for motivation. U-G-L-Y [B]@Indiana[/B] - L - I think we will play them much tougher than last year [B]UNC Asheville[/B] - W [B]@Davidson[/B] - W - This will be a close, hard- fought game Rainbow 1 - [B]Houston[/B] - L - Both of the Cougar's guards are on the pre-season All-CUSA team and they are picked to finish 2nd in CUSA :ohmy: Rainbow 2 - [B]Valpo[/B] - W - We owe them for the spanking in Halton two years ago Rainbow 3 - [B]Wyoming[/B] - W - We owe them an @$$ whooping also [B]Wofford[/B] - W [B]Louisiana-Lafayette[/B] - W

10-3 is my prediction. The absolute best I think we can do is 11-2. The absolute worst is 6-7.

The difference between yours and mine is Iā€™m predicting an L vs. Hofstra.

[QUOTE=austinniner;194396]The difference between yours and mine is Iā€™m predicting an L vs. Hofstra.[/QUOTE]

Hofstra and Houston will be similar in the way they play, I believe, as both have very talented guards. My thinking is that we can get it done at Halton for our home opener and that we have not played well in tournaments against stiff competition. Houston will be a stern test at a neutral site. Whoever made up the bracket for the Rainbow Classic as being evenly paired must have had their Hawaii Alumni t-shirt on at the time. The three best teams are on the same side of the bracket, and Hawaii gets the cupcake draw. Itā€™s their tourney, so I guess they can seed teams how they want to.

Can we get a pool started on thisā€¦say $5 a pop. Tie breaker goes to total score on the Syracuse game. Any takers?

10-3, but I wonā€™t say who weā€™ll lose to, b/c itā€™s never as predictable as that. Weā€™ll probably beat either Indiana or Syracuse and lose to either Davidson or UL-Lafayette.

[QUOTE=EJNiner;194413]Weā€™ll probably beat either Indiana or Syracuse and lose to either Davidson or UL-Lafayette.[/QUOTE]

That was pretty much the same way I was looking at it.

As requested:

Hofstra: L
North Texas: W
@ Syracuse: L
Georgia State: W
@Mississippi State: W
@Indiana: W
UNC Asheville: W
@ Davidson: L
Rainbow 1: Houston: W
Rainbow 2: Crieghton: L
Rainbow 3: Hawaii: W
Wofford: W
UL-Lafayette: W

9-4

The Hofstra game could go either way, same with the Houston game. As for the Indiana win, it will either be against them or Syracuse. Every year, we lose at least one road game that we have no business losing, and it looks like Davidsonā€™s it this year.

I think weā€™ll beat someone weā€™re not supposed to. I can see DA playing with a chip on his shoulder against the Oklahoma people in Indianaā€¦ And, hmmm, whatā€™ll Booker do in Mississippi? I donā€™t know about that, but I could see some of our shooters getting motivated against that Syracuse zone- and their 50,000 thousand fans or whatever it is. Are our shooters still motivated by crowd-silencing?

I donā€™t have a good feeling about Hofstra either, but I hope weā€™ll have a couple wins against quality teams this year.

if we beat Hofstra that would be an awesome way to start off the season but the chances of that are slim in my opinion because they have one of the most talented backcourts in the nation and by the end of the year will be top 25 , hopefully we can catch them before there chemistry is right, banking that our chemistry is right(???)

anyway i see 9-4 being the magic number

12-4-06: UNCA 8:30
Panthers at philly 8:30.
Anyone besides me gonna be in Halton?

[QUOTE=49er1;194704]12-4-06: UNCA 8:30
Panthers at philly 8:30.
Anyone besides me gonna be in Halton?[/QUOTE]
Iā€™m there. I root the Panthers on but my blood is green.
:49ers:
Maybe theyā€™ll show some key plays on our fancy new screens during TOā€™s and half time.

Iā€™ll be there- flying up Tuesday - partying w/ friends that night- Game Wed.
Thanksgiving @ Momā€™s house Thursday in Watertown (about 60 miles North of SU)
Just wanted to see if any other Niners would be in the crowd.

Try to be. A few of us students are considering making the drive. Were too poor to afford a fancy shmancy economy ticket on southwest airlines.

I expect our guys to win every game no matter who we play. so I am going with an undefeated OOC although there will be some tough games (i.e. Syracuse, Hofstra, Indiana, and some games in the Rainbow classic).

GO NINERS

12-4-06: UNCA 8:30 Panthers at philly 8:30. Anyone besides me gonna be in Halton?

Iā€™ll be there. I got this awesome VCR technology to cover me for the Panthers.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;194734]Iā€™ll be there. I got this awesome VCR technology to cover me for the Panthers.[/QUOTE]
I looked up VCR on google and it says it is a Video Cassette Recorder. What is a video cassette? :smile: