Opponent Apathy

Is it just me or could the Ragin Cajun & Tide fans not be any less excited about their upcoming games? Three words to describe their message boards:

nearly universal apathy. <_<

I would be apathetic too if I was a fan of either of those programs. The important thing is for our fans too get psyched up for these games.

NUN, your signature says “Frank the Tank.” Are you sure that’s not Bob Huggins?

They are both coming off of loses(UL-L to powerhouse Georgia State). Bama should be a little more interested after they beat up on East Tennessee tomorrow night.

I expect Bama to beat ETSU, but it will be NO cakewalk

Bama - in my my estimation is a must win. Go Niners!

if we don’t beat bama, our OOC will look horrible. Indiana is big perception wise too, plus its on the road.

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 06:12 PM [b] if we don't beat bama, our OOC will look horrible. Indiana is big perception wise too, plus its on the road. [/b]
I agree. Let's face it, we didn't really stack up our OOC schedule with perrenial powerhouses. We do play several teams that were post season play last year but we desperately need an OOC win that really stands out come March. The Bama game will be one to make a statement with. We could do a lot for credibility with the committee by winning this one.

Hopefully, the players won’t look past La. La. like we tend to do on here.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Nov 30 2004, 07:40 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Nov 30 2004, 07:40 PM)

We are now 1-0 on the road, that is an important stat to monitor as far as the committee is concerned also.

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er+Nov 30 2004, 08:47 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Butter49er @ Nov 30 2004, 08:47 PM)
But yes, I believe our Sryacuse win last year got a higher tourny ranking by at least one or two seeds. [/b]
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Dec 1 2004, 09:38 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Dec 1 2004, 09:38 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 08:47 PM [b] But yes, I believe our Sryacuse win last year got a higher tourny ranking by at least one or two seeds. [/b]

Back to the original topic - they’ve started a thread on their board guessing at how much they will beat us by…

ULL Thread about Charlotte

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum+Dec 1 2004, 10:07 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (CharlotteAlum @ Dec 1 2004, 10:07 AM)
Back to the original topic - they've started a thread on their board guessing at how much they will beat us by...

ULL Thread about Charlotte [/b]
Good, I like it when the other team’s fans are cocky.

I like it even more when they are mistaken too…

We have no room to make fun of them or even say that they are wrong, I believe we will win. But we were laughing at the rutgers fans.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Dec 1 2004, 08:38 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Dec 1 2004, 08:38 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 08:47 PM [b] But yes, I believe our Sryacuse win last year got a higher tourny ranking by at least one or two seeds. [/b]
[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Dec 1 2004, 12:32 PM [b] We have no room to make fun of them or even say that they are wrong, I believe we will win. But we were laughing at the rutgers fans. [/b]
Back on topic:

yeah, what he said. I’ve been a little nervous about this game after what happened with Rutgers. We are the better team, but that doesn’t get you a W every time.

Let’s not forget what they did to us last time we played. We were supposed to cruise in that game too. I know that we were a worse team that year, but that sort of thing needs to spark a fire in our players for revenge.

[i]Originally posted by moss2k[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 05:17 PM [b] I expect Bama to beat ETSU, but it will be NO cakewalk [/b]
ETSU 77 Alabama 114

:smiley:

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 04:29 PM [b] Is it just me or could the Ragin Cajun & Tide fans not be any less excited about their upcoming games? Three words to describe their message boards:

nearly universal apathy. <_< [/b]

Ive noticied that also and I believe its largely because both schools have football teams to watch.