OT: Carolina Mascot

[QUOTE=ChevEE;227107]I was wondering if he was a Christian. I really hate it for his family. They are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

Zero, you sound like you got a good head on your shoulders there.[/QUOTE]

if I am not mistaken, he was already a youth pastor- or that was his ambition. I am pretty sure I watched that on the news last night. Just another event- where you wonder why bad things happen to good people.

the guy will certainly be a legend now.

Email to Bill Simmons of ESPN.com
[B][QUOTE]“I wanted to write you without my name or anything, just as a student of UNC. Our loss last night was tough – some might say heartbreaking. But what’s worse is that it may overshadow the death of a true Tar Heel. Jason Ray, our mascot, died this morning. He was the very first person I met at UNC. He was helping freshmen move into the dorms as a part of Intervarsity (a Christian ministry on campus). The elevators were all jammed up, so he helped me cart a refrigerator, futon, and all my other stuff (and girls have a lot of stuff) up NINE floors in the 100-degree heat. And he did it happily. We became friends and I spent a lot of time around him. He let me wear the ram head one time because I thought it’d be funny (even though I’m sure he wasn’t supposed to). You’ve probably gotten a lot of e-mails about yesterday’s game, but could you maybe mention Jason in your article, if only for a second. The world deserves to know who this person was. I don’t just want him to be a ‘UNC mascot dies’ blurb on ESPN.com. He was such a good person. A true friend. What every Tar Heel should aspire to be.”[/QUOTE][/B]
Hark the sound… there’s a new angel up there tonight.