OT: Chris Paul to leave Wake

Will be announced today at a 4:00 pm press conference.

link

McCants yesterday, Paul today. Looks like the flood gates will be open the rest of this week and next.

I assume he’s signing with an Agent. Couldn’t get the link to work. Does anyone have a list of guys who have declared?

Run???

Paul is gone, he probably will hire a agent and he is guaranteed top 10(probably top 5).

The good news for us is all the early entries ensure Curtis will return, unless he is being advised by Josh Powell.

Here’s what I’ve found so far:

Sportsline.com: Early Entry declaration notes

NBADraft.net: 2005 Early Entry Page

Thanks. I didn’t see that on nbadraft.net originally. Very informative. Eddie is projected at #37. No sign of Curtis in 05 or 06 mock draft.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 11:14 AM [b] Here's what I've found so far:

Sportsline.com: Early Entry declaration notes

NBADraft.net: 2005 Early Entry Page [/b]

You rule Run!!

Interesting that Curtis is not listed on either list.

Rumor on the state board is Eric Williams is going to test the waters as well.

JKNiner said 2 years ago that we would be the best team in the State in 2005-2006. If the mass exodous continues that may very well be the case.

Eric Williams will test the draft but I don’t expect him to go. I am alittle surprised Paul left mainly since he was so strong in saying before this season he was going to be hee for 4 years. However, I guess he felt now is a good time to leave. He was one of my favorite college players despite the nut shot to Hodge. Oh well…now I really wanna play Wake haha.

Yep, it’s all over the radio up here. Hope he’s making the right choice for him.

[b]JKNiner said 2 years ago that we would be the best team in the State in 2005-2006. If the mass exodous continues that may very well be the case.[/b]
Could be easily be correct, especially if UNC Chapel Hill loses seven of their top 8 scorers.

Last week in the Winston Salem Journal they had a Q and A with Chris Paul. And although he didn’t come out and say it I got the impression that his days at Wake were quickly coming to an end.

I wonder how that will have an impact on Ish Smith and his recruitement.

Many Wake fans have felt he was planning on leaving. There was even an e-mail campain to try to convince him to stay.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 01:00 PM [b] Yep, it's all over the radio up here. Hope he's making the right choice for him.
[b]JKNiner said 2 years ago that we would be the best team in the State in 2005-2006. If the mass exodous continues that may very well be the case.[/b]
Could be easily be correct, especially if UNC Chapel Hill loses seven of their top 8 scorers. [/b]
hello? DUKE is still located in the state of North Carolina. Nothing against us, but nobody on their team is leaving early, they have a massive recruiting class, and the best Coach in NCAA's.
[i]Originally posted by ninerID+Apr 14 2005, 03:07 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (ninerID @ Apr 14 2005, 03:07 PM)

After we got our ass kicked by NC Raleigh AND EZU we lose any claim to being a top team in the state for at least 3 years. Thanks again Bobby.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 12:12 PM [b] I wonder how that will have an impact on Ish Smith and his recruitement. [/b]
Wake is still after the top 3 PG's in Smith's class.

http://scout.scout.com - top PGs 2006

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 10:11 AM [b]

The good news for us is all the early entries ensure Curtis will return, unless he is being advised by Josh Powell. [/b]

lutz9er hopes curt is not being advised by josh powell. :wacko:

Well, until Chapel Thrill, Dook, Moo U, and Wake play us, I’m not going to speculate where we fit in the scheme of things within the Old North State. My concern is going to be with the A-10.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Apr 14 2005, 03:09 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Apr 14 2005, 03:09 PM)
Originally posted by ninerID@Apr 14 2005, 03:07 PM [b]