OT: DerMarr Johnson joins RW in Denver

Former Cincy Bearcat is attempting to continue his NBA comeback with the Nuggets.

DenverPost.com: Martin’s buddy Johnson signs

Isn’t he the brother or cousin of one of our asst. coaches ?

Dalonte is the god father of DerMarr’s kid I think.

[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 09:35 AM [b] Isn't he the brother or cousin of one of our asst. coaches ? [/b]
Dalontes Hill's cousin, I believe. We had a chance to get him. I saw him play in the Charlotte pro-am with Rodney, Dalonte and some of our other guys before his freshman year at Cinci.
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 09:50 AM [b] Delonte is the god father of DerMarr's kid I think. [/b]
I don't know about that one. :D Ok people for the last time, it's Dalonte...with an A. ;)

Coach Dalonte Hill’s profile

[b]Dalontes Hill's cousin, I believe. We had a chance to get him. I saw him play in the Charlotte pro-am with Rodney, Dalonte and some of our other guys before his freshman year at Cinci.[/b]

He was probably the best player in the league that year. The team he played on(Jeff Mcginnis team) was one of the best team s I seen in pro am. That team had Demarco, Hill, Kelvin Price, Demarr, Mcginnis, and I believe J. Zimmerman.

Johnson is outplaying Rodney in the preseason, likely stealing his backup minutes.

Rodney’s latest box score gem: 0-3, 2 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 1 TO in 13 minutes. His last game before that was similar 4 or 5 points in 10-15 minutes. Barring injury looks like another year riding the pine in Denver…oh well, thought he might get a fair shot this year.

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Oct 25 2004, 10:20 PM [b] Johnson is outplaying Rodney in the preseason, likely stealing his backup minutes.

Rodney’s latest box score gem: 0-3, 2 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 1 TO in 13 minutes. His last game before that was similar 4 or 5 points in 10-15 minutes. Barring injury looks like another year riding the pine in Denver…oh well, thought he might get a fair shot this year. [/b]

The game before those, he was 5-7 in 26 minutes. He’s streaky. That’s why he’s not a starter.