OT: ECU class attendance & Guilford miracle shot

Terry Holland seems to have a firm grasp of dealings in Greenville.
Missing class could mean missed games

Jordan Snipes of Guilford College, rebounded a missed Randolph-Mason foul shot with 0.6 seconds remaining in overtime, behind 89-88. He heaved the ball approximately 90 feet, nothing but net! Snipes scored 34 points in the game, 9 of 12 shooting, with 6 of 7 3-pointersand a perfect 10 of 10 at the line. The shot was captured by a local TV station and has been played continuously all morning.

BTW, there was no doubt about the clock on this one. :smiley:
Miracle shot lifts Guilford

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 08:53 AM [b] Terry Holland seems to have a firm grasp of dealings in Greenville. [url=http://www.reflector.com/sports/content/sports/college/ecu/stories/2005/02/01/20050201GDRecu_attendance.html][b]Missing class could mean missed games[/b][/url] [/b]
With all the high-profile academic casualties as of late -- Sean Banks (Memphis), Wesley Stokes (San Diego State), and P. J. Tucker (Texas) -- Holland may be onto something.

On Sportcenter last night that Guilford shot was #9, #7, #5, #3, and #1 in their top 10 list. That shot was amazing, nothing but net !!

HOLLAND HAS to be onto somehitng, do you all not read what goes on in ECU atheletics?

anybody have the video on that?

I’ve looked on all the web sites this morning and have yet to find it. I saw it on the local news this morning. The local stations might show it tonight or check CNN Headline News during their sports report, it might be there.

The shot

Right below the headline is a link to play the video.

[i]Originally posted by ellifyno[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 01:07 PM [b] [url=http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/news-article.aspx?storyid=31660]The shot[/url]

Right below the headline is a link to play the video. [/b]

Wow. :o

Call Mike Davis and tell to start the investigation.

Here’s another link for Windows Media of it. And I don’t think the clock was too slow there either. <_<

I am now a Guilford College fan!

That was awesome.

Congrats Guilford! They will probably never make it on Sportscenter again… :stuck_out_tongue:

The guy from the other team just didn’t block the guy out…the shot maker was the third guy on the lane. Fundamentals guys, fundamentals.

[b]HOLLAND HAS to be onto somehitng, do you all not read what goes on in ECU atheletics? [/b]

Well if you read like you spell, you probably don’t have a very good grasp on it.

DAMN! He does it again for the live sports segment last night.

Player Who Made Miracle Shot Does It Again, WFMY
Video of the live sports segment, WFMY

[SIZE=2]WEAR GREEN[/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by ATL_Niner[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 04:22 PM [b] The guy from the other team just didn't block the guy out...the shot maker was the third guy on the lane. Fundamentals guys, fundamentals. [/b]
The other team purposely stepped away to avoid a foul and the guy taking the free throw was told to purposely miss thinking that there would be no way anyone could get a shot off in 0.6 seconds.....

I know that kid that made the final shot, Jordan Snipes. My high school use to play his high school. I didn’t think he was that consistent as a shooter but he is one for making big buckets in time when they are needed.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 08:23 AM [b] DAMN! He does it again for the live sports segment last night.

Player Who Made Miracle Shot Does It Again, WFMY
Video of the live sports segment, WFMY[/b]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

He was hitting the backboard/rim on the live segment at about a >60% before making his shot.

pretty impressive.