OT: GW gets verbal from Alexander of OK

Does anyone know if this GW commit is related to our Alexander? De’Angelo’s bio on Charlotte49ers.com doesn’t list any siblings.

Rivals.com: Xavier Alexander

[QUOTE=run49er;189513]Does anyone know if this GW commit is related to our Alexander? De’Angelo’s bio on Charlotte49ers.com doesn’t list any siblings.

Rivals.com: Xavier Alexander[/QUOTE]

Xavier is indeed his brother:

[QUOTE]Son of Denise and Steven Alexander Sr., has two brothers, Steven Jr. and Xavier, and a sister, Danielle.
[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.usabasketball.com/biosmen/de’angelo_alexander_bio.html][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]USA Basketball: De’Angelo Alexander Bio[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

If I was Sean Miller, I would’ve recruited this guy just for the media attention of having Xavier play basketball for Xavier.

“Xavier leads Muskies to Victory”

“Xavier wins 80-60 & scores 35”

We had an earlier thread on this guy where I jokingly suggested he was a package deal with D. Supposedly, the guy isn’t that good…kind of slow and doesn’t have game like his brother.

[QUOTE=max;189522]We had an earlier thread on this guy where I jokingly suggested he was a package deal with D. Supposedly, the guy isn’t that good…kind of slow and doesn’t have game like his brother.[/QUOTE]

Which if this is true…creates even better headlines.

Xavier scores 2 points and wins 80-64.

If he’s slow, I’m surprised that GW would be taking him. From Rivals.com on the younger Alexander’s performance in the Nike Peach Jam:

Here is a name that the high-majors need to keep an eye on. Xavier Alexander. The 6-foot-5 wing has a good frame with good muscle on his bones. Alexander had an efficient game of 12 points, nine rebounds and six assists. He said he is holding offers from Wichita State, Arkansas State, Nevada and Nebraska while Iowa State and Tennessee are showing interest.
Link: [b][url=http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=910&CID=561264]Rivals.com - Basketball Recruiting[/url][/b]

If you go back to that earlier thread, I recall reading that he was not that good. We didn’t even pursue him, which tells me something there. Looking at his offers, I see no powerhouses there. But ya never know.