OT: If we could get a new Mens Bball Coach who?

Going out on a limb here… Heard several comments from people around getting rid of Bobby. Say it does happen for all of you that think Bobby should go.

Who do you think we should go after… and who do you really think we could get?

Just curious on what people thought around this.

I don’t think we have the money to lure a big time coach here. Maybe Karl Hobbs from GW, or Joe Scott from Air Force. James Dickey - former head coach at Texas Tech for 10 years. I think he’s an assistant at OSU now. Longshot, but maybe Mark Few? Or is Gonzaga paying him a ton of money?

Or maybe bring back Melvin??

[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Dec 21 2004, 07:52 AM [b] or Joe Scott from Air Force. [/b]
Joe Scott is now at Princeton. I don't see him leaving, since Princeton is his alma mater.

FYI, here is an article on what some of the coaches around the country make,a nd the disparaties in their salaries.

SI Article

Matt Doherty

Great Recruiter (mayber even better than Bobby)

Good Coach (Can’t be worse than Bobby)

And Free

HIRE DOHERTY

Doherty was bypassed for Melvin as head coach back in 1996. I see no reason to revisit that.

Also for those of you interested in trivia, in 1982, a young assistant coach named Eddie Fogler turned down a head coaching position at UNCC with a salary of $38,000. The result… 3 years of Wisselball! (22-62, .262 overall; 8-34, .190 Sun Belt) The moral of the story is be careful of what you wish for, things might not be as bad as they seem.

How about a guy that has proven to be a winner everywhere he has gone…graduated from Charlotte in 1980…and has been able to recruit talent and consistantly make the big dance…yeah you got it. He is the guy we have so lay off dumb posts like this and stop egging on the 4 knuckleheads who want to see a new coach. We have the absolute best person we could have coaching. Someone who isn’t looking for a stepping stone, who can give us a long term national presence…and who cares about the school. This talk does no one any good. The man has done a great job for us after Melvin left.Give him some credit.

Great reply JKNiner.

Good call, JK. Lutz isn’t the best coach in the country, or even in C-USA, but he cares and I believe he will get us to the next level eventually.

Finally a thread that brings a tear to my eye…Check out www.firelutz.com on Christmas Eve for a very special holiday message!

[i]Originally posted by Pino Pipes Jr.[/i]@Dec 21 2004, 09:19 AM [b] Finally a thread that brings a tear to my eye...Check out [url]www.firelutz.com[/url] on Christmas Eve for a very special holiday message! [/b]
Moron.
[i]Originally posted by Pino Pipes Jr.[/i]@Dec 21 2004, 09:19 AM [b] Finally a thread that brings a tear to my eye...Check out [url]www.firelutz.com[/url] on Christmas Eve for a very special holiday message! [/b]
Jack ass
Prick.
[i]Originally posted by Pino Pipes Jr.[/i]@Dec 21 2004, 10:19 AM [b] Finally a thread that brings a tear to my eye...Check out [url]www.firelutz.com[/url] on Christmas Eve for a very special holiday message! [/b]
Belgian!

sticks and stones boys…sticks and stones.

I hope it’s better than that crappy top ten list.
[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Dec 21 2004, 08:46 AM [b] How about a guy that has proven to be a winner everywhere he has gone...graduated from Charlotte in 1980...and has been able to recruit talent and consistantly make the big dance...yeah you got it. He is the guy we have so lay off dumb posts like this and stop egging on the 4 knuckleheads who want to see a new coach. We have the absolute best person we could have coaching. Someone who isn't looking for a stepping stone, who can give us a long term national presence...and who cares about the school. This talk does no one any good. The man has done a great job for us after Melvin left.Give him some credit. [/b]
JK, U Da Man.

Bobby is the right guy for Us.

Big fan of Bob McKillop. Lutz is not bad but I would like to see more discipline on the court. Lutz seems to let some things go like letting the players have their jerseys untucked. McKillop always seems to have disciplined team. I think he would fit in very well but the tough part would be getting him away from Davidson. Also I am not opposed to bringing Melvin Watkins back.

Lutz keeps us on the cusp. Year in and Year out we are a one and done team. Until the “GOLDEN THREE” stops we are always going to be this way. I do not see him taking us to the next level.

Why not have Meier and Lutz switch for a year and lets see how well she does with the Mens program.

You like McKillop? Pull for Davidson! You like Melvin? Left the school for money! How long will he stay if the money comes calling again. How’d he do at A&M? He lost to Baylor last year. Same Baylor who had one player kill another and the best players transferred…still Beat A & M. The fact that this is being discussed is mind blowing. Lutz is the best coach Charlotte has ever had…ever. I hope he doesn’t read this garbage…

For pino jr…try this website Christmas Eve… www.Youraloser.com