OT: Indiana vs UK in Freedom Hall??

I was flipping thru the channels and noticed Indiana vs Kentucky was on. I started to watch it and noticed they are playing in Freedom Hall. This is really weird, what reason could they possibly have for doing that? Just wondering if anyone knew.

btw, it sucks watching Rondo play, knowing how seriously he was considering Charlotte when we stopped recruiting him

One of my buddies (who went to Kentucky…twice. :wink: ) said he didn’t know, either. Said that it’s about halfway between UK and IU and that might be why, but otherwise UK doesn’t play other games there (aside from vs. UL, of course).

They have played this game there many times. It is somewhat neutral and close to both. At least the past several years I remember them doing this.

They often play the UK-IU game at a neutral site. I remember seeing it played sometime in recent years at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.

thanks guys

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Dec 11 2004, 01:43 PM [b] I was flipping thru the channels and noticed Indiana vs Kentucky was on. I started to watch it and noticed they are playing in Freedom Hall. This is really weird, what reason could they possibly have for doing that? Just wondering if anyone knew.

btw, it sucks watching Rondo play, knowing how seriously he was considering Charlotte when we stopped recruiting him [/b]

I missed the game completely. I’m guessing by your statement Rondo, is he playing well? Did you see “Smooth” Bradley play at all? If so, how did he look?

[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@Dec 12 2004, 02:00 PM [b] I missed the game completely. I'm guessing by your statement Rondo, is he playing well? Did you see "Smooth" Bradley play at all? If so, how did he look? [/b]
Rondo only scored 4 points, but he has great ball handling skills, is an awesome passer, and just seems like a good leader on the floor. He is gonna be a star.

Ramel “smooth” Bradley only played 5 minutes, Im not sure why. He may have had an injury or something, but Ramel can flat out play.