OT: It never ends...

From an AP article on MSNBC.com about Jack Hensley, Charlotte grad killed in Iraq.

[b]Hensley was born in Hendersonville, N.C., and grew up in Ponca City, Okla. [b]He graduated from the University of North Carolina.[/b][/b]

The most frustrating part is that I can’t find a contact e-mail address to send corrections/complaints to. Oh well.

Ours is not the University of North Carolina. Yes, we got that memo.

(just kidding Alex)

Seriously though, I’m glad you see the need to correct those who spread misinformation about things. I believe in that myself!

just this one time, LET IT GO!!! a man died a horrible death and all you care about is your school didnt get the right naming. let it go. it will be OK. having a alumi be MURDERED does not get you more ESPN games and better recruits. but then again you support john kerry and john edwards who give presidential treatment to michael moore who says that the people who cut his head off were “patriots” so i dont really know if you think his life was important either.

Whoa, H. Take a prozac. Where did TF say that it was “all he cared about” that they got the name of the school wrong? I am sure TF is sad to see this soldier die. He was a fellow Niner and a fellow Charlottean and we all have some bond with him because of that. It’s quite petty to claim otherwise, or to imply that TF didn’t think his life was important becasue he supports Kerry. Sheesh.

he didnt say it was all he cared about but i take it as it was what he impied. i havent seen one forum going out to remembering this man and his family and finally i see something on this man on our board and its a complaint about the name of our school being incorrect. now that is petty. i have a lot of close friends over in the middle east right now protecting our butts. I hope to God nothing happens to them, i just hope that nobody ever even has to hear what school the attend whether it be correct or incorrect b/c i want them back safely.

[i]Originally posted by H-Niner[/i]@Sep 26 2004, 01:39 PM [b] he didnt say it was all he cared about but i take it as it was what he impied. i havent seen one forum going out to remembering this man and his family and finally i see something on this man on our board and its a complaint about the name of our school being incorrect. now that is petty. i have a lot of close friends over in the middle east right now protecting our butts. I hope to God nothing happens to them, i just hope that nobody ever even has to hear what school the attend whether it be correct or incorrect b/c i want them back safely. [/b]
[url=http://www.ninernation.net/index.php?showtopic=728]Obviously, someone didn't look too hard at this forum.[/url]

nope didnt see that, glad to see so many others replied to it and kept it going. but thanks powerbait.

Whooooa H-Niner, I see I struck a nerve.

The content of the article was irrelevant to my post. It could’ve been an article about cute, cuddly puppies - it wouldn’t have mattered. I was only pointing out another example of how the press flubbed our name. AGAIN.

Hniner, you REALLY need to calm down. TF posts a harmless post about another example of how our shool name is screwed up, and you somehow bring in Kerry and Michael Moore and get all offended. sideshow is right, take a prozac, or get laid, or SOMETHING, just calm down.

UNCCTF is a terrorist! everyone watch out :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 10:15 AM [b] UNCCTF is a terrorist! everyone watch out :rolleyes: [/b]
[img]http://osx.lps.org/manila/hlu/Tuba.jpg[/img] Beware of tuba blowers!

well somebody is starting to catch on…check this out
link…
the part about volleyball…
LADY AGGIES TOPPLED IN FIVE GAMES BY CHARLOTTE

Greensboro, N.C. - September 24, 2004 - [b]Charlotte University /b earned a 3-2 (29-31, 30-25 33-31, 25-30, 15-10) victory over N.C. A&T (3-10) in non-conference volleyball action in the Corbett Sports Center on Friday night.

The match was close throughout, as neither team held a lead by more than seven points in the five games.

After the two teams deadlocked at two games apiece, a 6-0 49er run in game five ended the match. Lisa Newell played a major part in the run, putting down a pair of kills and a block. A pair of attack errors sealed the loss for Lady Aggies, which lost their seventh straight match.

Abby Szlanfucht led the 49ers with 24 kills, while Lisa Newell put down 14 kills. Szlanfucht posted 10 digs, while setter Molly McDonald dished 54 assists.

N.C. A&T was led by Arlene Mitchell’s 20 kills, while teammate Krystal Cooper added 10 kills and 10 digs. Brendan Chatman set 39 assists on the night, while Lauren Walker led the defense with 14 digs.

The Lady Aggies will be in action on Tuesday night against UNC-Asheville. Game time is set for 7:00 PM in Corbett Sports Center