OT: NC State fans cry with unrest after blowout loss to Texas

Why can’t the Pack be up with UNCCH and Duke? They play in a large arena, have rich traditions and have a loyal fanbase that provides the sellouts. At this point they cant pull down the McD’s recruits like them, but why not with new leadership? It does sound greedy for them not to appreciate their present day success but there is an opportunity to improve.

Lutz HAS won 2 games in the big dance

I agree with ApexNiner. A coach at NC State has everything he needs to build an elite program. It’s a cop-out to think otherwise.

[QUOTE=ApexNiner;163252]Why can’t the Pack be up with UNCCH and Duke? They play in a large arena, have rich traditions and have a loyal fanbase that provides the sellouts. At this point they cant pull down the McD’s recruits like them, but why not with new leadership? It does sound greedy for them not to appreciate their present day success but there is an opportunity to improve.[/QUOTE]

I guess just because they are State. Not Duke or Carolina. Thats not a put down, its just reality.

Remember when State didnt get into the NCAA’s for like 10 straight years or more? It was forever, and honestly, quite pathetic. He brought them back to the basketball living.

I’ll always have nightmares of their “slow footed, plodding” style clamping down on our 'athletic, 3 point shooting" style and absolutely punking us out in the tourney last year. Guh.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;163303]I’ll always have nightmares of their “slow footed, plodding” style clamping down on our 'athletic, 3 point shooting" style and absolutely punking us out in the tourney last year. Guh.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I was at the game and I imagine it was worse in person than on TV. I was so distraught that I sat through most of the next game before realizing UCF was giving UConn a run for the money.

At least they were giving out free admission coupons to one of the local establishments when I left the arena. :smile:

[QUOTE=ApexNiner;163252]Why can’t the Pack be up with UNCCH and Duke? They play in a large arena, have rich traditions and have a loyal fanbase that provides the sellouts. At this point they cant pull down the McD’s recruits like them, but why not with new leadership? It does sound greedy for them not to appreciate their present day success but there is an opportunity to improve.[/QUOTE]

Herb can’t get Elite recruits with his coaching philosophy, but it’s his coaching philosophy that can take a group of players to the Sweet 16 and perhaps beyond (Wisconsin, anybody?)

I hate watching Bo Ryan and Herb Sendek coached teams play, but damn if they don’t win.

Now the rumor is that Rick Barnes will coach at NC State if Herb gets fired. What?! Why would Barnes leave Texas for NC State? At Texas you have a massive budget, an awesome football program to help recruiting, and the Big 12.

Oh well. let the wolfpeckers dream all they want.

I’ll tell you one thing about these longhorn fans, aside the fact that there are billions of them and they have more of the Wal-Mart variety than UNC-CH could possibly dream about:

They are quiet. Football and even baseball get huge support down here in Austin, but the basketball fans are so apathetic it is sad. They don’t know how to make noise for thier team. That’s about the only negative I can think of. Rick’s not going anywhere.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;163374]Now the rumor is that Rick Barnes will coach at NC State if Herb gets fired. What?! Why would Barnes leave Texas for NC State? [/QUOTE]

What? You mean they’re gonna get Barnes now instead of Pitino or Calhoun? :lmao:

Actually, I think I may have also seen Barnes’s name mentioned as a “possibility” as well when I was lurking on their board getting some really good laughs.

Those fans are unbelievable. They really do think EVERY coach in the country is chomping at the bit for an opportunity to coach the Wolpack.

:smile:

All I know is state made us look pathetic last year after we BLEW that big lead, so I’m gonna be the last to criticize them or their coach. If they are sucky, we’re much suckier. Forgetaboutit!

Is that really true, that Lutz has won only 2 in the Big Dance since he became
Charlotte’s head coach???

State was hoping to turn into a football school when Amato came and had some good teams off the bat with the help of Phillip Rivers. They poured money into the program and gave them a great upgrade on the stadium. Adding the Big East teams just killed their hopes of being 2nd best to Florida State. Miami, VTech and BC just leap frogged them. Even better is BC outdoes them in basketball as well. Now NC State realizes they will at best be 5th place in football. No chance of ever getting that ACC BCS bid.

[QUOTE=fishniner;163421]Is that really true, that Lutz has won only 2 in the Big Dance since he became
Charlotte’s head coach???[/QUOTE]

yep, first season with Watkins players(should’ve made sweet 16 atleast, KP got flu though). Beat Rhode Island(lamar odom) and then lost to 13 seed Oklahoma while KP was on an IV.

and Rodney White’s season beat Tenn. then lost to Illinois(#1)

since then we’ve had many first round dissapointments, while this season was a total disappointment.

[QUOTE=NinerOne;163423]yep, first season with Watkins players(should’ve made sweet 16 atleast, KP got flu though). Beat Rhode Island(lamar odom) and then lost to 13 seed Oklahoma while KP was on an IV.

and Rodney White’s season beat Tenn. then lost to Illinois(#1)

since then we’ve had many first round dissapointments, while this season was a total disappointment.[/QUOTE]

looks like apples to apples to me…before last year’s lucky run to the sweet 16 Sendek only had 2 wins in the tournament. Not to mention he has had much better talent than Lutz year in and year out. To boot Lutz had more appearances than Sendek.

Their board looked alot like ours last year…

From the outside looking in, appears Sendeck looks ok to me

State fans were almost unanimous in wanting to oust Herb until last year’s tournament quieted a many.

[QUOTE=EJNiner;163427]looks like apples to apples to me…before last year’s lucky run to the sweet 16 Sendek only had 2 wins in the tournament. Not to mention he has had much better talent than Lutz year in and year out. To boot Lutz had more appearances than Sendek.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Where is all this talent State has? They have had exactly one NBA player since Sendek has been there, I believe.

We’ve even had more than that.